Bowles: Fitz to start Sunday vs. NE

jetscrazey

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so sick of this team.  Bowles just let his team and the league know that he doesn't have any confidence in Bryce Petty.  The season is lost he's starting Fitz instead of evaluating Petty to see if he's the long term answer.  I just don;t understand.  Petty gets one game.  What a joke.  

11 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

WTF is this guy thinking? I didn't know that Fitz was 26 years old and had potential. That's how Bowles sees him?

Best chance to win my ass!

There is a bigger problem here, folks.

Bowles is on the cusp of losing the team.  Between the spoiled-brat defenders with big contracts like Wilkerson and Harris and Revis and the look-at-me offensive types like Marshall and Forte, these guys don't want to go 4-12 and see their stats torpedoed just to validate a second year country bumpkin. 

The issue isn't Petty vs. Fitz.  The issue is Bowles vs. New Head Coach.  This signals that Woody Johnson wants to hold onto Bowles and the coaching staff and keep his veterans happy and attract free agents next year.  So, sorry, this is the right move from that perspective. 

SAR I

Bowles is right about one thing: playing Petty is a sign that this season is over and he is evaluating for next season.

Personally, I think everyone already knows the season is over and getting more experience for Petty is way better than beating the Pats. I don't like this move at all. Unless Petty isn't ready (or never will be), in which case, not only is this season lost, but unless Hack can turn things around for next season, next season is lost too.

My guess - he isn't ready to admit defeat. Stupid yes.

For that last 4 games if Fitz plays, Bowles is beyond stupid - look how Mac has shielded himself with the 'Bowles makes the final decision'; Bowles could have protected himself by playing Petty and showing that he had nothing. If Hack plays, we will know it is because Petty sucks. We just have a few more games until we know the story:

Does Bowles suck or does Petty suck? We will find out soon enough.

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Bowles is right about one thing: playing Petty is a sign that this season is over and he is evaluating for next season.

Personally, I think everyone already knows the season is over and getting more experience for Petty is way better than beating the Pats. I don't like this move at all. Unless Petty isn't ready (or never will be), in which case, not only is this season lost, but unless Hack can turn things around for next season, next season is lost too.

My guess - he isn't ready to admit defeat. Stupid yes.

For that last 4 games if Fitz plays, Bowles is beyond stupid - look how Mac has shielded himself with the 'Bowles makes the final decision'; Bowles could have protected himself by playing Petty and showing that he had nothing. If Hack plays, we will know it is because Petty sucks. We just have a few more games until we know the story:

Does Bowles suck or does Petty suck? We will find out soon enough.

Which is why Maccagnan will get no heat for any of this. And it is awesome

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i can't remember a time i wanted to watch this team less than i do now.  

ditto.... I'm seriously angrier at this then anything else that has happened this year so far.  This is unquestionably the dumbest decision this team has made since acquiring Tebow.  I really feel obligated to just boycott the rest of the season at this point.  How can I support these decisions.  This is unacceptable

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

There is a bigger problem here, folks.

Bowles is on the cusp of losing the team.  Between the spoiled-brat defenders with big contracts like Wilkerson and Harris and Revis and the look-at-me offensive types like Marshall and Forte, these guys don't want to go 4-12 and see their stats torpedoed just to validate a second year country bumpkin. 

The issue isn't Petty vs. Fitz.  The issue is Bowles vs. New Head Coach.  If Woody wants to hold onto Bowles and the coaching staff and keep his veterans happy and attract free agents next year, sorry, this is the right move.

SAR I

SAR I this decision is all that and more.  

Obviously Bryce Petty is not the answer in Bowles eyes or the organization. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the worst starting QB in the NFL. 

I dont blame all you season ticket holders for selling out the rest of the way I hope the crowd is a dominating NE crowd this weekend. 

FU Woody Johnson. Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I dont blame all you season ticket holders for selling out the rest of the way I hope the crowd is a dominating NE crowd this weekend. 

Maccagnan is in the clear now. He cant force the coach to play players. He can't even fire Bowles

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Todd Bowles doesn't select the starting QB. Rex didn't either. 

This is a Woody call all the way. 

Have you watched Bowles coach this year? Have you watched him stick with Fitz during games he should be benched? This is ALL Bowles. Woody may be on board, but don't kid yourself into thinking that Bowles wants Petty and is being forced to start Fitz. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Again, it's not about Petty.  He may still be a terrific prospect.  But it can take a full season of growing pains to validate the kid, same for Hackenberg.  We have an owner and a core of veterans and a fanbase that won't tolerate it apparently.

Woody Johnson has two choices:

1.  Commit to Petty for the remainder of the year, watch the whiny vets shut it down even more than they already have, watch the locker room fall to pieces, and punt Todd Bowles and the entire coaching staff.

2.  Commit to Fitzpatrick for the remainder of the year, let the vets see that as a sign of support, win as many games as we can, let the locker room heal, become attractive to free agents again.

He seems to have chosen #1.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Todd Bowles just openly admitted that Bryce Petty is not the answer at QB.  

This team is in disarray GM to players when does it end. 

Woody Johnson wake the hell up clean house and bring in educated football minded people instead of the morons we have know. 

Why? He will just bring in different morons. We will still be in the same boat, just with a different crew 

Just now, SAR I said:

Again, it's not about Petty.  He may still be a terrific prospect.  But it can take a full season of growing pains to validate the kid, same for Hackenberg.  We have an owner and a core of veterans and a fanbase that won't tolerate it apparently.

Woody Johnson has two choices:

1.  Commit to Petty for the remainder of the year, watch the whiny vets shut it down even more than they already have, watch the locker room fall to pieces, and punt Todd Bowles and the entire coaching staff.

2.  Commit to Fitzpatrick for the remainder of the year, let the vets see that as a sign of support, win as many games as we can, let the locker room heal, become attractive to free agents again.

He seems to have chosen #1.

SAR I

so you think this is woody's decision?

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Todd Bowles just openly admitted that Bryce Petty is not the answer at QB.  

This team is in disarray GM to players when does it end. 

Woody Johnson wake the hell up clean house and bring in educated football minded people instead of the morons we have know. 

And then do it again in two years when we haven't reached the Super Bowl....again.

Just now, jmat321 said:

So this tells me that we are right in the thick of the Romo & Cutler race this offseason.  Another recycled vet that MIGHT have 1 good year.  Boomer, Vinny, Favre, Fitz........

yep.  and next year's thing will be, when does hackenberg get his shot.  get ready for a repeat of this year.  i'm ready to bail on this team.  we're no better than the browns.

I think the thing that ultimately ends Bowles here is Bowles overly conservative approach to everything. Punting when he shouldn't, best chance to win...

Sooner or later the great coaches take a chance. A calculated chance, yes, but a chance.

It doesn't matter at this point if he looses the veterans; except for a few - most are likely gone next year. Also, many veterans want to win, but those who are here next year want to know that the coach will take a chance to try and make the team better.

If Petty really isn't ready (or never will be) he would just come out and say Petty isn't ready and he could have picked his QB last week. If it is so close that he needed to take the week to review the tape, he should make the move to Petty. So, it is either close and he choose poorly, or it wasn't close and he didn't manage it well.

Archived