Bowles: Fitz to start Sunday vs. NE

jetscrazey

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I I think Bowles is a goner this all but assures it he takes the fall for the 2016 season. 

Woody Johnson isn't a patient man he wants to at least make the playoffs the Jets have a lot of tickets to sell

Or, perhaps, this is the signal of patience we have all been waiting for and Woody realizes that it's more important to develop a head coach than a sketchy quarterback.

Look, if Bowles turns the culture around, gets a few wins, and makes the 1-5 start feel better with a 4-2 finish it helps us court free agents next year.  Petty can be validated next preseason or regular season.  There aren't any stud quarterbacks coming out, correct?  So isn't it better to finish 4-2 and knock out the Bills and Dolphins to get a shot at Romo or Cutler (or offensive linemen or edge rushers or other areas of need) than to finish 2-4 and not know much because the rest of the team has quit around Petty??

SAR I

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Have you watched Bowles coach this year? Have you watched him stick with Fitz during games he should be benched? This is ALL Bowles. Woody may be on board, but don't kid yourself into thinking that Bowles wants Petty and is being forced to start Fitz. 

If the Jets had any Qb's better than Fitz, they wouldn't have re-signed Fitz. It's not Bowles' fault that these other QB's suck. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Or, perhaps, this is the signal of patience we have all been waiting for and Woody realizes that it's more important to develop a head coach than a sketchy quarterback.

Look, if Bowles turns the culture around, gets a few wins, and makes the 1-5 start feel better with a 4-2 finish it helps us court free agents next year.  Petty can be validated next preseason or regular season.  There aren't any stud quarterbacks coming out, correct?  So isn't it better to finish 4-2 and knock out the Bills and Dolphins to get a shot at Romo or Cutler (or offensive linemen or edge rushers or other areas of need)?

SAR I

No this further pushes off the inevitable deep rebuild. Sick of 38 year old QB's every time we need a bandaid.

Just now, bitonti said:

If the Jets had any Qb's better than Fitz, they wouldn't have re-signed Fitz. It's not Bowles' fault that these other QB's suck. 

You are acting like he's the first HC to find himself with a crappy QB situation. Bowles is not entirely at fault for this season, but he has an obligation to do what is best for the organization. Starting Fitz is not the right move. Winning with Fitz would prove nothing since Fitz is gone at the end of the year. 

Is Fitz marginally better than Petty? Maybe, but don't kid yourself into thinking that there is some huge gap in ability between Fitz and Petty. There isn't. 

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Todd Bowles doesn't select the starting QB. Rex didn't either. 

This is a Woody call all the way. 

What would Woody's motivation be?  You don't hear the fan base clamoring for Fitz's return?  If anything, it seems as if the fan base is generally ready to see what the young guys have?

Just now, NYJ37/12 said:

No surprise here with the Pats as this weeks opponent. After this weeks loss, the change will be made.

i was wondering this.  maybe they're just protecting petty for 1 more game.  if they're 3-8 they're definitely out of the playoffs and it's easier to justify a switch.  

Fire him, and fire him now.  

I usually don't support firing people unless they are completely incompetent before their contract runs out, but he has to go now.  He is quite possibly the stupidest coach I've seen.  He doesn't give away jobs?  How about when Geno lost his job to a punch?  

God, how did we end up with this idiot?  He's given the perfect opportunity to put in youngsters, but too dumb to see it.  This isn't a win now move, we're not doing anything with Fitz, but it is horrible for team evaluation.  

18 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

but if petty really sucks these last 6 games there's a decent shot he's not on the team next year.  isn't that worth knowing now, rather than bring him back and pretend he's got a shot?  there has to be a transition to a young guy at some point, and this regime is recoiling from throwing geno and sanchez in there too soon and they're taking the completely opposite approach.  they're waiting for the great pumpkin to show up, the obvious, ominious sign the young guy should start.  

If we give the team to Petty now he's got a bunch of de-motivated malcontents playing for him and we will always be trailing and we will not learn anything.

If we give the team to him (with all the malcontents cut) in July he gets a fresh start with guys who are playing hard.

We can see with our own eyes that we have a poisonous locker room.  It's a joke, but it does impact what becomes of Bowles and why Fitzpatrick would start.  We need to restore order.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i was wondering this.  maybe they're just protecting petty for 1 more game.  if they're 3-8 they're definitely out of the playoffs and it's easier to justify a switch.  

Seriously, Fitzpatrick is ranked near the bottom of the league in most QB statistical ratings. Does there need to be a reason beyond that? He's had 9 games to prove he sucks (plus the last game of last year).

It's really unfathomable that we're even having this discussion...and that the Jets are contemplating keeping this loser under center.

Just now, SAR I said:

If we give the team to Petty now he's got a bunch of de-motivated malcontents playing for him and we will always be trailing and we will not learn anything.

If we give the team to him (with all the malcontents cut) in July he gets a fresh start with guys who are playing hard.

SAR I

i think it's now or never for him.  i have a hunch hack passes him on the depth chart next TC.  give hack another year in a pro offense and you'd think he'd at least be better than petty.

Just now, phill1c said:

Seriously, Fitzpatrick is ranked near the bottom of the league in most QB statistical ratings. Does there need to be a reason beyond that? He's had 9 games to prove he sucks (plus the last game of last year).

It's really unfathomable that we're even having this discussion...and that the Jets are contemplating keeping this loser under center.

maybe they just don't want petty to face BB.  or maybe not.

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

plus, getting beat up by NE is no way to build confidence. I think the Jets are protecting Petty and the Jets from getting embarrassed by the Pats.

Selfishly I hate this move. I want petty to start because it gives me something to look forward to. But I actually do understand it. Realistically Fitz probably does give us a better shot. It's clear to me they do not see petty as part of this future, they see him every day, they know he stinks probably and that's why he barely  got the nod over hack, HACK OF ALL PEOPLE. However, if we lose Sunday and they continue with Fitz? I will be furious because that just makes no sense 

11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

What would Woody's motivation be?  You don't hear the fan base clamoring for Fitz's return?  If anything, it seems as if the fan base is generally ready to see what the young guys have?

Is this still a national game at 4:25? I think the likelihood of looking like horses asses rises if Petty were to start.

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is just a moronic argument, sorry, no disrespect. right now, by ratings, Petty is better than Fitzpatrick. And, my god, if his one mistake disqualifies him for starting than Fitzpatrick should be home eating ice cream three games ago.

Jesu-Christo!! Fitzpatrick sucks worse than a nuclear-powered Electrolux. And the Jets are going to start him because...someone else MIGHT suck?!!

44 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He wants to save his job. 

Is this even the right choice to do that? How much worse could Petty possibly be than Fitz? He looked just as good as Fitz does this season against a tough Rams D in his 1st start ever, so why not give him another go?

Just now, jett said:

Selfishly I hate this move. I want petty to start because it gives me something to look forward to. But I actually do understand it. Realistically Fitz probably does give us a better shot. It's clear to me they do not see petty as part of this future, they see him every day, they know he stinks probably and that's why he barely  got the nod over hack, HACK OF ALL PEOPLE. However, if we lose Sunday and they continue with Fitz? I will be furious because that just makes no sense 

Could u tell me how does the league leader in interceptions gives us the best chance to win? 

Just now, stoicsentry said:

Is this even the right choice to do that? How much worse could Petty possibly be than Fitz? He looked just as good as Fitz does this season against a tough Rams D in his 1st start ever, so why not give him another go?

So, to save your job, you go to guy who put your job in jeopardy?!!

Archived