Chan retires, 5 coaches fired.

southtown24th

Just now, Mecca said:

McCoy can potentially step in at HC when Bowles gets canned mid-season.

He's a terrific offensive mind and shouldn't have been fired in SD. That team lose their #1 WR, #1RB, #2RB, #3RB, #1CB and 40% of the offensive line. 

He would be on my list too, he ran a semi-functional offense and won a playoff game with Tebow at QB! 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Enjoy your retirement Chan. 

Some of us recognize that although you were far from perfect, you were the least of the problems of the 2016 Jets sh*t show.

Agreed.  I certainly didn't dislike Chan.  If anything he was a big part of our 10-6 record his first year.

4 minutes ago, Mecca said:

McCoy can potentially step in at HC when Bowles gets canned mid-season.

He's a terrific offensive mind and shouldn't have been fired in SD. That team lose their #1 WR, #1RB, #2RB, #3RB, #1CB and 40% of the offensive line. 

I agree but why would he come here with no qb?

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Hey, neg rep me all you want for my vid on Gailey.  But I'm not the clueless dick who ran our offense.  Decided to forgo TEs, a competent QB, etc....   Face it, Gailey was, is, and will forever be a joke.  Have at it. LMFAO!

Man, I haven't been the kindest person to the Jets OC's over the years.

I was on the front lines of the mob, pitchfork in one hand and an axe in the other, when it came to Schitty... but I really think you are wrong about Chan. You have a point about ignoring the Tight End, but the Jets had total drek at the position the whole time.

I feel he did a mostly admirable job with the talent provided under the circumstances. 

Just now, NYJ37/12 said:

I agree but why would he come here with no qb?

He went to Denver with Tebow and Chicago with Orton. If he develops a QB, it'll standout on his resume. + he could be our HC in waiting and can run the entire offense as Bowles is clueless on O.

15 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

So Gailey told Bowles he was leaving before the season. 

How is that not a HUGE problem when you have 2 young QBs on the roster that you're trying to groom? Or will our new OC will be... Marcel Shipp?

God save me from this franchise.

If this is true and not just professional window dressing of a firing, it's unbelievable.

Lame duck OC leading two young QB's to oblivion?

If there is a Jets Dysfunction list, this is Top 5 material.

SAR I

Just now, RoadFan said:

Man, I haven't been the kindest person to the Jets OC's over the years.

I was on the front lines of the mob, pitchfork in one hand and an axe in the other, when it came to Schitty... but I really think you are wrong about Chan. You have a point about ignoring the Tight End, but the Jets had total drek at the position the whole time.

I feel he did a mostly admirable job with the talent provided under the circumstances. 

If you want me to agree that Schitty was worse than Chan, then you, sir, shall have my agreement in spades.   Still, however, does not change my opinion of Gailey.

Jets did right by Chan. Rather than fire him they announced his "retirement ". Sure that was discussed, give him a chance to announce his retirement rather than ending his tenure with an outright firing. All good, time for a change.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I have yet to see anybody give an actual accurate account on what Kacy Rodgers does. Rap says he called plays late in the season, Cimini said he basically ran the defense in meetings, people on here said he lost play calling privileges.

What did this guy do?

He's Bowles buddy who will continue to run Bowles schemes. I'm sure Bowles wasn't going to bring in a new guy to change up his defense.

Just now, SAR I said:

If this is true and not just professional window dressing of a firing, it's unbelievable.

SAR I

I can't believe this is not the main topic of conversation. This is a failure of epic proportions. It says a lot about the thinking behind signing and starting Fitz too. The only explanation was that Bowles legitimately believed that they could potentially win it all this year. And if that's the case, then we have another serious problem.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I have yet to see anybody give an actual accurate account on what Kacy Rodgers does. Rap says he called plays late in the season, Cimini said he basically ran the defense in meetings, people on here said he lost play calling privileges.

What did this guy do?

Good question cause if you lose play calling privileges during the season that should be considered a BAD THING!!!

1 minute ago, TexJet said:

Jets did right by Chan. Rather than fire him they announced his "retirement ". Sure that was discussed, give him a chance to announce his retirement rather than ending his tenure with an outright firing. All good, time for a change.

Mcc was all set to fire Gailey.  Problem ensued because it's traditional to ask a competent TE to deliver the news.  Sadly, we didn't have one.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

If you want me to agree that Schitty was worse than Chan, then you, sir, shall have my agreement in spades.   Still, however, does not change my opinion of Gailey.

Fair enough.  We are on the same side plenty of times. 

I could have strangled Schitty for that aggressive deep drop he called on 3rd and 17 in Pittsburgh.  I was at that game with my father, and turned to him and said "run a draw and punt, right?" 

"Yup," he replied.

Nope... Schitty thought it was a good idea to try and get a 1st down there.  Strip sack, TD Steelers. Schitty sucks.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Still don't think we have an ownership problem?

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What did this guy do?

He refills Toilet's chips ahoy stash when it's low and downloads Gladys Knight songs for him onto his phone.

Just now, RoadFan said:

Fair enough.  We are on the same side plenty of times. 

I could have strangled Schitty for that aggressive deep drop he called on 3rd and 17 in Pittsburgh.  I was at that game with my father, and turned to him and said "run a draw and punt, right?" 

"Yup," he replied.

Nope... Schitty thought it was a good idea to try and get a 1st down there.  Strip sack, TD Steelers. Schitty sucks.

Dude, so many parts of that game still haunt me.  And by "haunt" I mean cause me to either kick barnyard animals or proceed to projectile vomit for 10-15 minutes.

3 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Is DeFilippo the same guy who was the quarterbacks coach for the New York Jets under Rex Ryan in 2009?

yes

As coach:

Fordham (2000)
Quarterbacks coach

Notre Dame (2001–2002)
Graduate assistant

Columbia (2003–2004)
Quarterbacks coach

New York Giants (2005–2006)
Offensive quality control coordinator

Oakland Raiders (2007–2008)
Quarterbacks coach

New York Jets (2009)
Quarterbacks coach

San Jose State (2010)
Quarterbacks coach

San Jose State (2011)
Offensive coordinator & quarterbacks coach

Oakland Raiders (2012–2014)
Quarterbacks coach

Cleveland Browns (2015)
Offensive coordinator

Philadelphia Eagles (2016–present)
Quarterbacks coach

32 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Enjoy your retirement Chan. 

Some of us recognize that although you were far from perfect, you were the least of the problems of the 2016 Jets sh*t show.

Yup. But that said maybe a complete overhaul is what they need.

Archived