Draft Prospects Info

KRL

I love Corey Davis. I would not take him at 6 though. With his ability I don't see him lasting until the Jets pick in the second round. Fournette has ability but for some reason I don't like the guy enough to pick him. Just a gut feeling. Trubiskey, Kizer, and Watson will most likely be gone when the Jets pick. If Mac really is committed to Hack I don't see him picking a QB in the 1st round anyway. It all depends on what the bears do. If the Bears go the FA route with their QB situation one of those guys could fall to the Jets. I'm betting it will be Kizer though and it will take a good QB coach to groom him. Not a good prospect with the coaching staff fighting for their job's this season. All in all I'm not optimistic about the coming season but I'm a Jet Fan. Need I say more? LOL.

1 hour ago, NYDreamer said:

Interesting grades:  Myles Jack is # 1 prospect with a 7.6...  Fournette is 2nd with a 7.1 if he makes it past Jacksonville, could be a choice for the Jets.  Williams comes in at 6.8 grade

thinking the same thing about myles.  i don't know if these grades across positions can be compared but he is graded higher in relation to the 2nd guy by the greatest differential. interesting that leo had a similar grade differential and the highest grade in 2015 as did tunsil in 2016.  fyi myles jack has one of the highest scores and differentials.

Fournette and offensive line help would really benefit a young quarterback.

If this assessment is true, we've never had a back like this.  And don't tell me of Hector or Riggins.  Martin was a completely different, cutback, shifty runner. 

NFL Comparison: Bo Jackson

11 minutes ago, Dupe said:

If this assessment is true, we've never had a back like this.  And don't tell me of Hector or Riggins.  Martin was a completely different, cutback, shifty runner. 

Don't ever compare anyone to Bo Jackson ever, dude was the most physical gifted man to walk the earth.

35 minutes ago, Dupe said:

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/jetsb_logo.gif

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU 

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/LSU_logo.gif

LSU_logo.gif 
I've been slotting Mitch Trubisky here for a while now, citing some news story that the Jets had interest in him. Charlie Campbell squashed those reports in his Senior Bowl Rumor Mill. The scuttlebutt is that Christian Hackenberg has developed well behind the scenes, so perhaps the Jets won't give up on him without seeing him play after all. 

If this is true, Leonard Fournette suddenly becomes the favorite for this pick. The Jets don't have a viable starting running for the future, and Fournette is a stud. Fournette is considered the top running back prospect since Adrian Peterson, as he's received higher grades than Todd Gurley and Ezekiel Elliott. He was slowed by an injury in 2016, but his tape in 2015 was some of the best a running back prospect has ever displayed. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php#wW57Qwe470mphRV0.99

3 hours ago, Dupe said:

fournette makes sense on some levels, cold weather outdoor team, needing to control clock and keep your defense on the sidelines, but I worry that he has said he seeks contact how healthy he could stay at the NFL level.  I know he is a big dude, but the hits add up when you are dealing with NFL defenses

14 hours ago, Dupe said:

You ever hear of a guy named Freeman  McNeil?

14 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Don't ever compare anyone to Bo Jackson ever, dude was the most physical gifted man to walk the earth.

But i didnt the original article did.  Give me a game changer please.  That comparison has to make you take another look even if you want an olb.  Even if he is more Earl Campbell than Roger Vick it would do so much for our offense. 

12 hours ago, Larz said:

fournette makes sense on some levels, cold weather outdoor team, needing to control clock and keep your defense on the sidelines, but I worry that he has said he seeks contact how healthy he could stay at the NFL level.  I know he is a big dude, but the hits add up when you are dealing with NFL defenses

It would be so Jetsy to draft a 3rd string RB @ #6.   Maybe Macc can start a trend and redshirt Fournette in 2017?  

25 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

It would be so Jetsy to draft a 3rd string RB @ #6.   Maybe Macc can start a trend and redshirt Fournette in 2017?  

Help me understand what you said. The most highly thought of running back prospect since Adrian Peterson is a 3rd string running back. That's what you're saying?

2 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

3rd string RB. I guess the Cowboys did ok this season with their 3rd string RB and Fournette is higher rated coming out of college than Zeke was. 

On 2/4/2017 at 7:20 PM, Lupz27 said:

Two word's: Herschel Walker. The guy is still a great athlete. I heard an interview with him and Gurley and Gurley admitted Herschel could probably beat him in foot race today. The guy is still in great shape and is a freak of nature.

On 2/4/2017 at 7:20 PM, Lupz27 said:

I agree. 100%. 

I will say though that A LOT of the "Compares To:" should not be taken seriously and are completely inaccurate.

Having said that. Fournette DOES look  like a special talent at RB the likes of which we have not seen in a long time. He is like a faster version of E.Elliott. Now, I'm ot saying he will turn into the same type of player at the NFL level or that he will be as productive or that he will not be mired by injuries. But purely talent-wise, he is exceptional.  

On 2/4/2017 at 10:54 AM, JetFaninMI said:

Trubiskey, Kizer, and Watson will most likely be gone when the Jets pick.

On 2/4/2017 at 10:54 AM, JetFaninMI said:

If Mac really is committed to Hack I don't see him picking a QB in the 1st round anyway.

I agree RE: the Jets not going QB in the first round (even in a trade down scenario). Unless they absolutely fall in love with someone, it simply does not make sense with the current QB situation (Hack and Petty).

But if Kizer, Watson and Trubinsky all go ahead of the Jets, this really works in the Jets favor. Why? It means either Hooker, Allen, Garrett or Fournette will be available. ELITE talents. Pretty much as sure fire as it gets in this draft.

Now, I personally believe there will only be ONE QB taken in the top 5. And it will be SF going after Trubinsky.

My Prediction:

1. Garrett- CLE

2. Trubinsky- SF

3. Allen- CHI

4. S.Thomas- Jax

5. Hooker- TENN

6. Fournette- NYJ (but I could easily slot Fournette to Jax and the Jets will be in a tough spot either trying to trade down if a teams wants Kizer or Watson OR taking Barnette or J.Adams or another prospect who you would not quite consider top 5).  

But if it turns out the way you are suggesting...this is what I see happening. And it works out nicely for the Jets.

1. QB- CLE (Watson) 

2. QB- SF (Trubinsky)

3. QB- CHI (Kizer)

4. Allen- Jax (they could go Garrett or Fournette but Allen makes much more sense and you can't go wrong with the value either). 

5. Garrett- Tenn (Tenn wants Hooker, but they can't pass on the Leonard Williams of the 2017 draft)

6. Jets can go Fournette or Hooker and I would be very much happy with either pick. But the reason this works out for the Jets is that if Jax or Tenn decide to take anyone else, the Jets will have an opportunity to take Garrett or use Allen as trade bait- or even take Allen and have no qualms about trading Richardson or maybe even Wilk. It just gives them more options.      

I know a lot of Jet fans who want us to draft offense will get io me for this. 

But PLEASE trade down with the Browns, get their 12th pick. Take S.Jones- CB, Washington at 12, take T.Mckinley-OLB/Pass Rusher, UCLA or C.Harris- DE/Pass Rusher, Miss. in the 2nd round. Use the Browns second round pick (added via trade- first pick in rd. 2) to draft Garrett Bolles- OT, Utah.

Boom! Done. Take BPA the rest of the way. Draft 5 kickers for all I care (JK). This would help in solving 3 major problems- secondary, lack of pass rush, OT. 

I love all these prospects, and the Jets would be fairly lucky to get all of them. But, in this scenario, its not unrealistic.  

On 2/4/2017 at 6:43 PM, NYDreamer said:

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/jetsb_logo.gif

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU 

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/LSU_logo.gif

LSU_logo.gif 
I've been slotting Mitch Trubisky here for a while now, citing some news story that the Jets had interest in him. Charlie Campbell squashed those reports in his Senior Bowl Rumor Mill. The scuttlebutt is that Christian Hackenberg has developed well behind the scenes, so perhaps the Jets won't give up on him without seeing him play after all. 

If this is true, Leonard Fournette suddenly becomes the favorite for this pick. The Jets don't have a viable starting running for the future, and Fournette is a stud. Fournette is considered the top running back prospect since Adrian Peterson, as he's received higher grades than Todd Gurley and Ezekiel Elliott. He was slowed by an injury in 2016, but his tape in 2015 was some of the best a running back prospect has ever displayed. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php#wW57Qwe470mphRV0.99

Be really nice if all this was true.

Archived