NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I'd have no problem signing Cutler. It could make us competitive. He's the best available FA Qb after Romo. 

Let's take it from the sign Fitz to 18 million in 2016 fan club president!

Cutler signing would only be trumped by the Fitz signing last season as worst Jets QB FA signings!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Augustiniak said:

if the jets are destined to suck this year, and they want a veteran, why not bring fitz back?  he's got nowhere else to go, he'd at least compete for a starting job, they could obviously get him on the cheap, and he'd continue to mentor the young qbs including any rookie they draft.  i don't see why they'd take cutler and his antics over someone like fitz, if you're hellbent on signing someone.  

Fitz is Cutler lite.  Look at how he acted against the organization when he felt insulted they wanted to bench him after leading the nfl in INTs the first several weeks.  I do not want Fitz back, didn't want him back last year.  I'd rather Sanchez back on a 1 year deal then go back to Fitz, even if he wasn't even starting.

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Fitz is Cutler lite.  Look at how he acted against the organization when he felt insulted they wanted to bench him after leading the nfl in INTs the first several weeks.  I do not want Fitz back, didn't want him back last year.  I'd rather Sanchez back on a 1 year deal then go back to Fitz, even if he wasn't even starting.

Agreed, I don't want fitz on this team in any capacity whatsoever. 

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Cutler is 100 times better than Geno.

no he's not.  

he sucks... his teams have had way more firepower than anything Geno has had and they usually suck..  he's a whiny baby that mopes around like an entitled bi=tch...  and he doesn't pretend to care what any fans think.

It would be a complete disaster.

Just now, Pac said:

no he's not.  

he sucks... his teams have had way more firepower than anything Geno has had and they usually suck..  he's a whiny baby that mopes around like an entitled bi=tch...  and he doesn't pretend to care what any fans think.

It would be a complete disaster.

Lmaoo it can't get any worse we are already at the bottom of barrel .. complete disaster has been the jets Since Week 2 last year till now .. 

if Macc and Bowles wanna hop on cutler tail to being fired then do be it that's there choice ., 

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

It really doesn't matter who the QB is .. we won't win more than 4 games this season .

so as long we aren't giving out any crazy guarantees  I'm okay with it 

How do you figure. I mean, seriously. FA is not over and the draft has yet to happen. But you automatically assume we will win no more than 4 games. How do you come up with that number? Why do people just throw out those kinds of statements. I truly do not understand. 

So you are telling me if the Jets trade for Cousins and have a great draft, sign some vets to fill holes, they will not win more than 4 games??? They will not, lets say, win 6 game??? 6 games is out of the question. 

Explain. 

Just now, PepPep said:

How do you figure. I mean, seriously. FA is not over and the draft has yet to happen. But you automatically assume we will win no more than 4 games. How do you come up with that number? Why do people just throw out those kinds of statements. I truly do not understand. 

So you are telling me if the Jets trade for Cousins and have a great draft, sign some vets to fill holes, they will not win more than 4 games??? They will not, lets say, win 6 game??? 6 games is out of the question. 

Explain. 

4 games would be pretty good, considering it's 2 games per good player on the team.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

There is not one single logical explanation for a Cutler signing, given the current state of the team.  So, yeah, we can probably count on it.  Also, he'd be the best QB we've had since half a season of Favre.

he's also coming off shoulder surgery.  i just don't think mccags wants him there, and i can't see bowles allowing him to throw those risky passes.  if he came here he'd be benched, which is ironically what they're going to do with any of these guys anyway this season.

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Explain. 

this.... FA hasn't even officially started. everyone take a deep breath and....

R-E-L-A-X

Just now, PepPep said:

Explain. 

the jets aren't trading for cousins , FA isn't that great and we haven't signed anybody worth a damn . We have the worst QB situation in the league .,  Relying on Rookies in there first year isn't realistic or a winning theory .. so if u can't see writing on the wall I don't know what to say .. but it's pretty obvious 

11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

There is not one single logical explanation for a Cutler signing, given the current state of the team.  So, yeah, we can probably count on it.  Also, he'd be the best QB we've had since half a season of Favre.

i just read they're trying to trade for trevor simien.  wtf

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If Cutler is signed and it is not cheap. I am done with this franchise and fanbase. The synergy of idiocy will continue

Actually I've come around on this...

sign Cutler for big money.

Clearly this fanbase just expects the worst which usually means that the worst will happen.

People just want them to fail. And it pisses me off because these are, for the most part, good people. I have never seen a franchise where everybody wants them to do the wrong thing

20 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Let's take it from the sign Fitz to 18 million in 2016 fan club president!

Cutler signing would only be trumped by the Fitz signing last season as worst Jets QB FA signings!

I never said to sign Fitz for 18 mil last year. That figure was just an unsubstantiated rumor. He was willing to sign at 1 year for 12 two months before he signed with the Jets. I thought it was a fair offer for him and for the team. 

Archived