NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KRL said:

The season of "misinformation is in full swing!!!  The one thing I don't want to see from Maccagnan this

off-season is trading away ANY picks.  We need to be obtaining more not giving them away for anybody

If you think this, you're a bad fan being manipulated by the media... I just learned that right here in this thread.

3 hours ago, KRL said:

So true, every year before a big QB is supposed to come out everyone says we should tank.  Then when 

that QB is in position to be drafted he gets picked apart.  Didn't we go through this with Watson last year?

And now we may actually have a chance to draft him and some are saying let's pass

What is your thought on this KRL......Would you draft DeShawn Watson at #6, or would you be more inclined to trade for a guy like AJ McCarron and get an additional pick?

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

What is your thought on this KRL......Would you draft DeShawn Watson at #6, or would you be more inclined to trade for a guy like AJ McCarron and get an additional pick?

You didn't ask me, but the answer is neither.

Don't trade picks, and don't overdraft a QB.  Add a veteran insurance policy, hell, even Geno Smith.

Let Hackenberg fail or shock us all, and then address the position aggressively next year.

Just now, gEYno said:

Don't trade picks, and don't overdraft a QB.  Add a veteran insurance policy, hell, even Geno Smith.

Let Hackenberg fail or shock us all, and then address the position aggressively next year.

NOT GENO SMITH.... get over it

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I'm personally not sold on Watson because of the whole "college gimmick" offense that he's coming from.  So

I think I would trade Richardson to CIN for McCarron and a #3 or #4

Just now, KRL said:

I'm personally not sold on Watson because of the whole "college gimmick" offense that he's coming from.  So

also a lot of picks.  with watson i don't see the serious upside, where is his true strength besides running?

Just now, Augustiniak said:

also a lot of picks.  with watson i don't see the serious upside, where is his true strength besides running?

I think his biggest upside is the 'stuff you can't measure'. He's a born winner and has the 'IT' factor... He also is apparently very smart - I read an article the other day comparing his football IQ to Peyton Manning based off of his combine interview.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

I think his biggest upside is the 'stuff you can't measure'. He's a born winner and has the 'IT' factor... He also is apparently very smart - I read an article the other day comparing his football IQ to Peyton Manning based off of his combine interview.

i don't think any of these teams are taking qbs before the jets.  they're all filling the void and they can get a defensive stud instead.  the first teams to maybe reach for a qb in the first round are cleveland at 12 and buffalo.  if the jets like either watson or trubisky, i would hope they trade back in the first and take him there, not at 6.  

that said, i don't like drafting qbs on an 'it' factor as the main selling point.  

By trading SR the Jets get out of his cap hit.  That has huge value.  The best case scenario is a 3rd round comp pick in 2019.  That could cost 8mm.  A QB that spares the jets from paying that, with perhaps another pick, is a good deal.

McCarron and Siemian are cheap.  Siemian has 2 years of contract, McCarron 1.  SR is one year for 8mm with a cheaper franchise tag than a QB.  Sounds like terms for a good trade to me.

SR could transform both Broncos and Bengals and help them get to the playoffs.  Those QBs are keeping the Jets from Cutler and filling a hole.  Those teams would get a much better deal.

5 minutes ago, KRL said:

I am in this boat too.  I don't think AJ gets enough love.  He was a pretty decent project coming out of College, and the thing is he has sat a few years and learned from a pretty decent QB in Dalton.  Richardson is an asset, but not worth what many think he is worth.  If you get a 3/4 out of Cincy AND a QB, take it and run.

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

I am in this boat too.  I don't think AJ gets enough love.  He was a pretty decent project coming out of College, and the thing is he has sat a few years and learned from a pretty decent QB in Dalton.  Richardson is an asset, but not worth what many think he is worth.  If you get a 3/4 out of Cincy AND a QB, take it and run.

I'd make the deal because they may be lucky to get a 3 or 4 anyway and McCarron is dirt cheap.  OTOH, I am kind of tired of chicken arms.  Bad as Petty was, it was nice to have a qb that could sling it down the field. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'd make the deal because they may be lucky to get a 3 or 4 anyway and McCarron is dirt cheap.  OTOH, I am kind of tired of chicken arms.  Bad as Petty was, it was nice to have a qb that could sling it down the field. 

harder to score, i remember pennington needed perfect drives to score tds.  you need a big arm and guys who can rip off big plays.

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

By trading SR the Jets get out of his cap hit.  That has huge value.  The best case scenario is a 3rd round comp pick in 2019.  That could cost 8mm.  A QB that spares the jets from paying that, with perhaps another pick, is a good deal.

McCarron and Siemian are cheap.  Siemian has 2 years of contract, McCarron 1.  SR is one year for 8mm with a cheaper franchise tag than a QB.  Sounds like terms for a good trade to me.

SR could transform both Broncos and Bengals and help them get to the playoffs.  Those QBs are keeping the Jets from Cutler and filling a hole.  Those teams would get a much better deal.

Nice overview/summary

Lets see we have petty who has an arm but still doesn't seem to know how to process pro ball.

Hackenburg is a joke

We just had a season where our likeable but weak armed Qb could not longer make plays.

Cutler has a rocker arm.

Cutler is tough, has played with bears teams with awful olines.  He will actually nag in to make a play and take a shot.

He's no big leader or men that is for sure.

I'd rather have him on a one or two year deal than trading for freakin Siemian, that will be an awful move.

30 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Fair point. I am just of the opinion that Sheldon needs to go by any means necessary. Third round compensatory pick is fine with me.

If Sheldon is a FA in 2018 then the comp pick doesn't arrive till 2019.

19 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I'd love nothing more for my son to be proudly rocking a Christian Hackenberg jersey for the next 15 years!  I will even buy him every version the Jets make, White, Green, Pro Bowl, and any other Alternative Jersey options available.

A guy can dream.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

I'd love nothing more for my son to be proudly rocking a Christian Hackenberg jersey for the next 15 years!  I will even buy him every version the Jets make, White, Green, Pro Bowl, and any other Alternative Jersey options available.

A guy can dream.

That's the sentiment I want t see around here > What happens,  happens, but we can show our support for drafted Jets

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

That's the sentiment I want t see around here > What happens,  happens, but we can show our support for drafted Jets

I think most fans would say the same thing. We would love for Hackenberg, or hell anyone we draft to be the legit Franchise QB we have been looking for, for decades 

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I also have a realistic side of my thought process thou, and the most realistic outcome is the Jets are scrambling for an answer at QB again this time next season.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

I also have a realistic side of my thought process thou, and the most realistic outcome is the Jets are scrambling for an answer at QB again this time next season.

Quite possible, but it's nice to be nice . I want Richardson traded, but I would never call him a cancer .

Archived