Another QB possibly worth a first round pick?

AFJF

Some of you might remember Eric Galko, the sporting news draft guru who we had on JN radio before the draft.

I know he was the first writer I saw who said Patrick Mahomes would go in the first round way before everyone else jumped on that bandwagon, and he says he said the same thing about Paxton Lynch very early on.  

Here's his pick for which QB who isn't' getting any hype now could be a first round pick.  

Western Kentucky's Mike White.

19 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Some of you might remember Eric Galko, the sporting news draft guru who we had on JN radio before the draft.

I know he was the first writer I saw who said Patrick Mahomes would go in the first round way before everyone else jumped on that bandwagon, and he says he said the same thing about Paxton Lynch very early on.  

Here's his pick for which QB who isn't' getting any hype now could be a first round pick.  

Good stuff. I was reading a little about White today on another forum today actually so it's pretty funny to see him talked about here too.  

In any other QB class, I would agree that he could make a case for himself, but I just don't see it with this one.  There are, in my opinion, at least 4-5 "first round" QB prospects in this class and for that reason alone some of them are going to drop.  My top 5 right now are:

1 - Sam Darnold

2 - Josh Rosen

3 - Mason Rudolph

4 - Josh Allen

5 - Luke Falk

Most people have Allen above Rudolph but I just don't see it yet.  

Those 5 are all worthy of a first round grade but I'd be stunned if all of THOSE guys went in the first, let alone a smaller known guy like White distinguishing himself enough to throw his name in there and leap frogging them.  Not saying he won't be someone to watch, but first round in this class would take a TON.

Nice.  The more prospects the better.  I'm looking forward to reading updates and discussing college QBs all season long.  May even watch a college game or two (never really have).

I'm sure we'll all be expert college QB scouts by the time this year is over.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Josh Rosen will fall like a rock, dude will be toxic waste nobody will want to touch.

Rosen's coach has already said he has had a great attitude coming into camp this year.  The kid may be somewhat of a "jerk" but hes also not dumb nor is his father, so I would imagine he turns his attitude around bit when $10+ million is on the table.

Also dont forget to include Lamar Jackson in the first round conversation, hes right there with the rest of these guys.  Could see 8+ QBs go in the first 2 rounds this year.

41 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Looks like another one read, air-raid type of QB who's throwing to receivers who consistently smoke the guy that's covering them.  No thanks.

Yep...we'll probably draft the guys who are covering the receivers.

I know A LOT can change but the upside of next year's draft is that the QB class looks to be fairly deep right now meaning even if we do not end up with the #1 pick, if we can position ourselves in the top 10 there should be an opportunity at the very least to trade down for 1.  Not rooting for the team to stink but I would much rather go 3-13 than 6-10.  Unless Hack looks like a stud.

5 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Nice.  The more prospects the better.  I'm looking forward to reading updates and discussing college QBs all season long.  May even watch a college game or two (never really have).

I'm sure we'll all be expert college QB scouts by the time this year is over.

Warning: The more college football you watch the more you will become disgusted with professional players. Watching some senior kid who isn't destined for the NFL leave his guts out on the field in a final bowl game simply because he loves the game and he wants to enjoy his big moment before he graduates is probably one of the best things in sports to see.  Then you can turn over to ESPN and watch Odell Beckham act like a petulant child because he thinks he should be the highest paid player in the NFL.

20 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Ehh...we have Hackenberg we can draft another backup in 5 or 6 years when Hack crosses the 30000 career passing yard mark.......

I wonder what these guys who have already discarded Christian will write about and say when he shows he is the man here,.

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

This is better than the same regurgitated names we hear all the time. I'll check him out. 

The answer is going to be Luke Falk in the very beginning of the second round. This is because I think the Bills, 49ers, Rams, Bears and possibly Colts and Chargers end up picking before us. We take an OLB in the first and work on getting a top 3 second round pick to take Falk. Falk isn't the most athletic and doesn't have the cannon the other guys will display in the pre draft process. He'll drop and we end up with the best QB in the draft.

5 hours ago, BCJet said:

Rosen's coach has already said he has had a great attitude coming into camp this year.  The kid may be somewhat of a "jerk" but hes also not dumb nor is his father, so I would imagine he turns his attitude around bit when $10+ million is on the table.

Also dont forget to include Lamar Jackson in the first round conversation, hes right there with the rest of these guys.  Could see 8+ QBs go in the first 2 rounds this year.

Lamar by all accounts from pro scouts will most likely be top 3 QB in this draft class. I'm pretty sure scouts, and team investigators will not give 2 sh*ts about what someone close to Rosen is spewing to hide his jerk off personality, and lack of leadership to put it lightly.

9 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Yes...  we should spend a 2nd round pick on him and with any luck next year we will have him, Hack and Petty on the roster.:D

...leaving our 1st round pick available for another ILB, DE-DT, or OLB with 4.9 speed. Or maybe we'll change gears and go TE or RT.

Well another name thrown into the mix. I'm sure others will be as well before next seasons draft. We can be assured that the "draft gurus' all over the country will be chiming in with their thoughts as well. As we all know the draft is not an exact science and the guy who tweeted what he did is touting his ability to identify a 1st round pick but not a viable NFL QB as yet. So while he has demonstrated he can identify a 1st round draft pick it really doesn't mean he has proven his ability to judge talent as neither of the guys he was "in on" have done squat yet.

I'm not going to write off Jackson yet because apparently Louisville is trying to install a more pro style system for him.

I'd be very interested to see how he does this year because I think he's more Vick than Pryor. If he can make reads in the pocket and throw with more anticipation, I think he has the potential to be a stud. Unfortunately the wide open spread system takes away many progressive reads so it'll be interesting to see how he does.

I will beat the drum for Ryiepen in this draft, albeit he's undersized.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived