Would Eli To The Jets Be A Possibiity?

TuscanyTile2

I don't want Eli or any other retread. Pay whatever it costs to get into the top 3 so we can land Rosen or Darnold. No signing a big money free agent and no waiting till the second round for the scraps like Falk and Browning who both suck.

This franchise has screwed this position up for long enough. Stop being gutless losers and get a young franchise QB. The Niners pick is definitely in play and Cleveland may have the same thoughts after trying to trade for Macarron.

I don't want to hear about Eli Manning or Alex Smith or even consider paying Cousins 200 million. Do the right thing for once and get this team a great young QB.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know I'll get bashed for this post but whatevs...

The Giants might end up cleaning house after yesterday's brutal loss.  If they end up getting a top draft pick and take someone like Darnold/Rosen, do you think they'd trade Eli?  I get the feeling Eli still wants to play and I wouldn't be surprised if he could still do it.  I'd rather have Eli than overpay for Cousins.  And while I like Alex Smith, he might be overvalued considered the weapons he has in KC (which I'm guessing are inflating his #'s).  I think Eli is a solid QB who stays on the field and has a history of playing well in big games.  I'm not saying he's ideal but we could definitely do a lot worse.

I have no idea what Eli would cost though.  Would a 2nd rounder do the job?  And I will say that if the price tag were equal, I'd probably take Alex Smith over Eli, just because he's younger.  I just get the feeling KC will ask for a lot for Smith, given the season he's having.

d789d810-7dd7-4935-af8d-5889e67de407.gif

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Don't want him

He is an aging player, who, in his prime, was massively over rated.

Yes, he has 2 SB wins, but his greatest play was throwing a ball high and late over the middle of the field that someone came down with.  Is he better than anyone we have had in 20 years, yep.   Is he, right now, that much better?  No.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Don't be so hasty.

My neighbor's nephew is the guy we need. He's only 12 years old but you can just tell he's going to be great when he's eligible for the NFL draft in 2026. We'd be fools to waste a first round pick on anyone until then. Build a perfect core around the QB position, and on defense as well, and then in 2025 we bench that entire core so we can get the #1 pick and take him. Added bonus is none of them will have injuries entering 2026, and they'll be super well rested.

After a year of holding a clipboard as a rookie - we have to do this the right way so he isn't ruined - he'll start to show what he's got in year 2 a little, and by 2028 he'll be deadly good.

And then we take the precious...and we be the master!

47 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Don't be so hasty.

My neighbor's nephew is the guy we need. He's only 12 years old but you can just tell he's going to be great when he's eligible for the NFL draft in 2026. We'd be fools to waste a first round pick on anyone until then. Build a perfect core around the QB position, and on defense as well, and then in 2025 we bench that entire core so we can get the #1 pick and take him. Added bonus is none of them will have injuries entering 2026, and they'll be super well rested.

After a year of holding a clipboard as a rookie - we have to do this the right way so he isn't ruined - he'll start to show what he's got in year 2 a little, and by 2028 he'll be deadly good.

And then we take the precious...and we be the master!

Just saw a friends daughters sonogram.. kid looks legit...2039

4 hours ago, kelly said:

&... 

170px-Brett-Favre-Jets-vs-Rams-Nov-9-08.

similar in one regard, Eli would be old and near the end when we acquired him but at least Favre was once great(something Eli never was) and he was coming off a good season and would have a great season after he left us to play for a team he wanted to play for.

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know I'll get bashed for this post but whatevs...

The Giants might end up cleaning house after yesterday's brutal loss.  If they end up getting a top draft pick and take someone like Darnold/Rosen, do you think they'd trade Eli?  I get the feeling Eli still wants to play and I wouldn't be surprised if he could still do it.  I'd rather have Eli than overpay for Cousins.  And while I like Alex Smith, he might be overvalued considered the weapons he has in KC (which I'm guessing are inflating his #'s).  I think Eli is a solid QB who stays on the field and has a history of playing well in big games.  I'm not saying he's ideal but we could definitely do a lot worse.

I have no idea what Eli would cost though.  Would a 2nd rounder do the job?  And I will say that if the price tag were equal, I'd probably take Alex Smith over Eli, just because he's younger.  I just get the feeling KC will ask for a lot for Smith, given the season he's having.

Even Goober ain't that stupid.

3 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Even Goober ain't that stupid.

If Eli were our QB this year, we'd probably be 6-3.

Believe me, I want to draft a QB.  I'm just not sure how we pull that off now.  And both Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins (our other realistic options) will be expensive to acquire.  Unless you want another year of McCown, where exactly are we going to go for our QB next year?

41 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Eli were our QB this year, we'd probably be 6-3.

Believe me, I want to draft a QB.  I'm just not sure how we pull that off now.  And both Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins (our other realistic options) will be expensive to acquire.  Unless you want another year of McCown, where exactly are we going to go for our QB next year?

Given the level of competition they  have played so far they should be 7-2 no matter who the qb.

21 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Eli won 2 Superbowls.  McCown went 2-20 in his previous 22 games before coming here.  It's certainly possible Eli is a has-been but McCown is a never-was.

This year McCown has 4 wins w/ a team that was supposed to win 1 or 2, Eli has 1 win w/ a team that was supposed to be a Super Bowl contender.

22 hours ago, JiF said:

The 2019 QB class is going to be rich.  Once every 20 years type rich.  Any QB needy team will be set.  Especially if Darnold and Rosen return.  So it’s all good in the hood.  

lol where did I hear this before? I think it was last year around this time? but it was about the 2018 draft class hahaha

Archived