Robby Anderson arrested again OOF

Matt39

5 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

So now we are supposed to feel sorry because he picked a hose bag for a wife?

He makes Sheldon Richardson look like Bill Nye.

It’s funny because most of this board is drooling over Shorty Mayfield who did almost the same exact thing last year

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You really give this man’s thought process THAT much credit, to where you think he would get on Twitter in the midst of it all and try to give himself a cover up story as quickly as possible? ..I know I don’t. 

Lol no. He was either on drugs or his wife was cheating on him for rule. Most likely. Either way, I’m not making excuses for him. Trade him for 7th rounder lol

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

I'm not sure the cheating wife angle is what I take away out of this.    The last tweet is 34 mins before the time of arrest.  More then likely the TOA was when Anderson was booked at the jail.  If these tweets were made before his contact with the officer, there just isn't enough time.

This whole drama took awhile.  In his report the cop says first Anderson fled, slowed down, and sped up again.  After he puled over, and before the cop approached him, the cop wisely called for back up.  2 other units from his department responded to aide in the arrest, they also had to wait for an officer from the jurisdiction Anderson had fled to.  Then approach him, more then likely perform a field sobriety test, interview him, and get him into the car with some struggle, and transport him to jail.

I suspect Anderson made these tweets while the cop was waiting for all the back up as Anderson realized he was going to be arrested again, and possibility lose his job.  JMO     

Come on man.......

There is ZERO evidence that Anderson coolly and calmly started to tweet information in order to essentially "save" his job but then when under arrest decided to recklessly and insanely threaten to rape the arresting officer's wife!!

Why not just suggest and speculate that Anderson is secretly a apart of "International Murder Incorporated" and that he made the tweet to divert attention from the host of bodies that he has frozen in his garage???

30 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Come on man.......

There is ZERO evidence that Anderson coolly and calmly started to tweet information in order to essentially "save" his job but then when under arrest decided to recklessly and insanely threaten to rape the arresting officer's wife!!

Why not just suggest and speculate that Anderson is secretly a apart of "International Murder Incorporated" and that he made the tweet to divert attention from the host of bodies that he has frozen in his garage???

Didn't say he was trying to cover anything up.  Think he might just have been venting to his "fans" how angry he was , about this injustice. 

Just don't see where the tweets  indicate he caught his wife cheating.  As far as the "My wife" goes, I don't think he's married, so who knows.

The time line doesn't work.  The situation was on going at 1:41am

Brandon Marshall on Jets' Robby Anderson: 'He's hurting himself tremendously'

Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson (11) lays on the ground with a flag after a personal foul was called on New England Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore (24) during the second half of New England's 26-6 win at Gillette Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Winslow Townson-USA TODAY Sports

Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson (11) lays on the ground with a flag after a personal foul was called on New England Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore (24) during the second half of New England's 26-6 win at Gillette Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Winslow Townson-USA TODAY Sports

Brandon Marshall knows Robby Anderson, probably better than most. The two grew close during their one year together playing for the Jets in 2016, and remained that way when Marshall signed with the cross-town rival Giants last offseason. 

Marshall helped train Anderson at his gym (Fit Speed) in Florida. He's been there whenever the 24-year-old needed him. Which is why Anderson's arrest Friday, his second in eight months, hit Marshall hard.

"He has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a Jets' all-time great, and a superstar in this league," Marshall told NJ Advance Media Friday afternoon. "Right now, he's hurting himself tremendously." 

Police in Sunrise, Fla. charged Anderson with two felonies, two misdemeanors and five traffic violations for an incident early Friday morning. According to the police report obtained by NJ Advance Media, an officer was conducting a traffic stop when he observed a white SUV driven by Anderson rapidly approaching. The officer clocked the vehicle at 105 miles per hour in a 45 mile per hour zone for three-quarters of a mile. 

After a short chase in which Anderson blew through two red lights, the wideout finally stopped his vehicle. He was apprehended and put in the back of a patrol car. That's when he started to sound off

According to the officer, Anderson told him "when he got out he was going to find my wife, f--- her, and n-- in her eye. He continued to make other verbal threats towards my family. Based on his statements, it was clear he intended to sexually assault my wife. He also began to brag about how much money he has and how all I was doing was trying to 'ruin his fun.'"

Marshall dealt with his own personal and legal issues early in his career, but turned his life around. He was a leader in the Jets locker room, and someone young players, like Anderson, looked up to. Marshall said he'll be here for Anderson and whatever he needs. 

"Robby is a great kid with a lot of potential," Marshall said. "He's obviously distracted and confused. I'll give him tough love and he'll either take it or not. If I know Robby then he will.

"If I were him I would sit down with coach (Todd) Bowles and ask for help. There's not a better coach or man that can help with this situation."

Anderson's first run-in with the cops occurred back in May. Police arrested him while at the Rolling Loud Festival in Miami. They charged Anderson with a felony count of resisting arrest with violence and also obstruction of justice. Anderson will be in court for that incident on March 19.

Jets' Robby Anderson makes bizarre threat during arrest

Anderson signed with the Jets as an undrafted free agent before the 2016 season. He played well as a rookie, before breaking out this year.

Anderson took over as the Jets' No. 1 wideout when the team cut Marshall and Eric Decker, then Quincy Enunwa suffered a season-ending neck injury. He caught 63 passes for 941 yards and seven touchdowns in 16 games.

He looked well on his way to a 1,000-yard season before starting quarterback Josh McCown suffered a season-ending injury against the Broncos in Week 14. 

The Jets wouldn't comment specifically on Anderson's legal issue. 

"We are aware of the situation," a team spokesperson said. "This is a pending legal matter, and we will have no further comment."

Jets' Robby Anderson sent out string of bizarre tweets before arrest

New York Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson (11) pretends to sleep on the football after scoring a 54-yard touchdown in the third quarter against the Carolina Panthers at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory credit: Danielle Parhizkaran/Northjersey.com via USA TODAY NETWORK

New York Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson (11) pretends to sleep on the football after scoring a 54-yard touchdown in the third quarter against the Carolina Panthers at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory credit: Danielle Parhizkaran/Northjersey.com via USA TODAY NETWORK

Police in Sunrise, Fla. arrested Robby Anderson early Friday morning. Shortly before, the Jets receiver decided it would be wise to send out a string of bizarre tweets. 

Anderson, according to the police report obtained by NJ Advance Media, was arrested at 2:15 a.m. The following tweets were sent at 1:27, 1:40 and 1:41 a.m. 

Screen%20Shot%202018-01-19%20at%201.25.0
Jets receiver Robby Anderson sent out these three tweets the morning he was arrested in South Florida. 

Anderson is facing nine charges, including felony fleeing and eluding police with lights and sirens active, felony threatening a public servant or family member, misdemeanor resisting arrest without violence, misdemeanor reckless driving, failure to drive in a single lane and disobeying/avoiding a red light, disobeying/avoiding a red light (second count), exceeding speed limit by 50 mph or more, turning when unsafe/without signaling

An officer was conducting a traffic stop when he observed a white SUV rapidly approaching. As the vehicle approached, Anderson stared at the officer as he passed, then "rapidly accelerated," per the report. The officer clocked the vehicle at 105 miles per hour in a 45 mile per hour zone for three quarters of a mile. 

Anderson then slowed his car to 45 miles per hour at a red light, before running the right light, and a subsequent red light. Anderson was "all over the roadway," according to the report, and "failed to maintain a single lane on numerous occasions." Anderson eventually stopped his vehicle.

As Anderson was taken into custody, he was asked why he was driving so recklessly. He replied by invoking his rights to speak with a lawyer. When officers tried to put Anderson in the back of a patrol car, he "began to brace, tense, and refuse to get in the back of a vehicle." 

Once in the back of the patrol vehicle, Anderson told the officer "when he got out he was going to find my wife, f--- her, and n-- in her eye. He continued to make other verbal threats towards my family. Based on his statements, it was clear he intended to sexually assault my wife. He also began to brag about how much money he has and how all I was doing was trying to 'ruin his fun.'"

This isn't the first time Anderson has gotten in trouble in Florida. In May, police arrested the wideout while at the Rolling Loud Festival in Miami. They charged him with a felony count of resisting arrest with violence and also obstruction of justice. 

Here are the details from that May arrest, via documents obtained at the time by NJ Advance Media.

[Anderson] was fighting with security after being told to leave. [Anderson] refused to leave and was told by Lt. Ortiz to sit on the ground. [Anderson] tensed his body and pushed Lt. Ortiz. [Anderson] was redirected to the ground and continued to fight with police and security.

Full police report, mug shot for Anderson's arrest

Anderson will be in court for that incident on March 19th. 

Anderson, 24, signed with the Jets as an undrafted free agent before the 2016 season. He played well as a rookie, before breaking out this year.

Anderson took over as the Jets' No. 1 wideout when the team cut Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker, then Quincy Enunwa suffered a season-ending neck injury. He caught 63 passes for 941 yards and seven touchdowns in 16 games.

He looked well on his way to a 1,000-yard season before starting quarterback Josh McCown suffered a season-ending injury against the Broncos in Week 14. 

9 times out of 10 that "resisting arrest" is a BS lie they use to add charges or assault you. 

I can find you countless videos of terrible cops screaming "STOP RESISTING" to someone on their knees, laying on the ground, etc, just before being kicked in the face, beat to hell, shot, or straight up beaten murdered beyond recognition while begging for mercy and choking on their own blood. 

"Resisting arrest" ... SMH GFY 

These days, it's hard to root for anybody. Even when rooting for Robbie, his behavior on the field alone was making me sick, llike his posing in front of camera after a good play to plug himself for the probowl, and stuff like that.  No matter how hard I try, it's harder and harder to root for these guys.

34 minutes ago, Hitman Harris said:

9 times out of 10 that "resisting arrest" is a BS lie they use to add charges or assault you. 

I can find you countless videos of terrible cops screaming "STOP RESISTING" to someone on their knees, laying on the ground, etc, just before being kicked in the face, beat to hell, shot, or straight up beaten murdered beyond recognition while begging for mercy and choking on their own blood. 

"Resisting arrest" ... SMH GFY 

Driving 110 while the cop has his lights on is basically the same thing no?

The situation? 5-11, 5-11 and still no sign of a QB. Arrests, veterans outright quitting. Most pathetic organization in sports. Can the coach make any sort of useful statement? Ever?  You can say nothing when you’re winning. The team is currently an outright dumpster fire.

Please find me an example of a team that gave a full statement on a player’s pending litigation. I’ll continue to sit here growing old while I wait.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Please find me an example of a team that gave a full statement on a player’s pending litigation. I’ll continue to sit here growing old while I wait.

Was referring to the overall state of the franchise. Two terrible seasons in a row, doubling down at safety in the draft(lol) Revis and Mo(highest paid players) quitting, arrests, no QB, no real urgency to find a QB, OC revolving door etc. Bowles has said nothing about any of it. He got an extension lol. As fans, it'd be nice to be cued in a little bit more in terms of where the Jets are going, because it's getting worse. Instead we get vague statements, punts for no reason in game, a "GM" that's seemingly working on the Penske file, and no real explanation of anything. I've never seen anything remotely like this with the Jets. It's as if Woody gave up.

The Jets need to cut him, and when they do it, it will go down as the day that this franchise finally turned around. It will be a message of absolute accountability for behavior and performance as a professional employee of the organization. It sets the standard for all others to follow. Do it, endure the short term consequences and establish ourselves as a “professional” football organization once and for all.

52 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Was referring to the overall state of the franchise. Two terrible seasons in a row, doubling down at safety in the draft(lol) Revis and Mo(highest paid players) quitting, arrests, no QB, no real urgency to find a QB, OC revolving door etc. Bowles has said nothing about any of it. He got an extension lol. As fans, it'd be nice to be cued in a little bit more in terms of where the Jets are going, because it's getting worse. Instead we get vague statements, punts for no reason in game, a "GM" that's seemingly working on the Penske file, and no real explanation of anything. I've never seen anything remotely like this with the Jets. It's as if Woody gave up.

You left out surrendering and also not even giving our 2nd round pick QB a single snap in 2 seasons.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

I don’t particulary care for his coaching. His in game coaching Is horrific.

But the fact that he is a meh coach has no relation to this incident.

Using this incident to support the notion that Bowles is a bad HC, even if that notion is true, is unfair and wrong.

And if you can’t undestand that then I don’t know what to tell you

I didn't use this incident to prove he is a bad coach.  we know he has been a bad coach so far(I hope that changes), I mentioned it b/c when he got the extension the media was desperate to find something positive so the story was how he cleaned up the LR which just isn't true and is further proven by this Robby Anderson mess.

The Jets need to cut him, and when they do it, it will go down as the day that this franchise finally turned around. It will be a message of absolute accountability for behavior and performance as a professional employee of the organization. It sets the standard for all others to follow. Do it, endure the short term consequences and establish ourselves as a “professional” football organization once and for all.

Ike what other “professional” organization?

Steeler? Pats?

You just don’t cut your only talented offensive player.

To whom are you proving this point, that everyone seems to wants to prove?

This is a league that not alone tolerates but mostly condones disrespecting police.   Not sure how this is going to play out.  

after hearing his lawyer and with what is likely to be his current defense - - I think it's unlikely he'll be suspended until after some type of conviction - which could take quite some time.

On 1/19/2018 at 1:26 PM, Beerfish said:

This is where you are totally wrong, coaches do have to be baby sitters at times.  Bowles has coddled vets he favours since he got here.

As for Mac?  Yes it has to do with the Gm because it is his job to draft guys or sign guys that are not nut jobs.

He was given major cred for finding this UDFA gem, now the gem is going to be suspended part of next year.

Anderson has/had potential for greatness....and individuals, not coaches, are responsible for their own actions. 

This would have been worse if drinking or drugs were involved but think about that for a moment.  It appears that no alcohol or drugs were involved and he totally flipped on an officer who basically was chasing trying to catch him in a high speed chase.   This dude totally has some screws missing.  The team should order an immediate psychiatric evaluation and send him to counseling before they let him back on the field.

Brandon Marshall: "If I were him I would sit down with coach (Todd) Bowles and ask for help. There's not a better coach or man that can help with this situation."

Lol ... that's the root problem. Nobody listens to preacher, teacher, police chief Bowles who can't snap 5-11 and ruthlessly fires a one-year OC when his hallmark defense put the Jets in a hole on a routine basis. And where was Brandon Marshall when they needed him? That's right, Bowles ran him out of town because he can't work with vet celebs who been around the block and don't fall for his kindergarten kumbaya mind control tricks. Bowles can only preach to rookies fresh off the cookie pan and even they don't listen.

I love this board. The same people mocking the front office for targeting high character guys kills the same front office when one guy is a loose cannon. 

It's the NFL. Every team has a crack head like Anderson. Do I like it? No. Do I want him cut so another team can pick him up and become a solid weapon? Hell no.

The Vikings are considered a well run organization and they had no problem drafting dalvin cook.

The chiefs are a well run organization and they had no problem drafting tyreke hill.

The giants have put up with Odell and his nonsense. (Yeah yeah, I know he hasn't been arrested but he's been erratic and a distraction)

No one is suggesting the cowboys cut Zeke.

Aqib talib was once arrested for gun and assault charges and the broncos love him. 

But for some reason the Jets aren't allowed to have their own knucklehead? 

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I love this board. The same people mocking the front office for targeting high character guys kills the same front office when one guy is a loose cannon. 

It's the NFL. Every team has a crack head like Anderson. Do I like it? No. Do I want him cut so another team can pick him up and become a solid weapon? Hell no.

The Vikings are considered a well run organization and they had no problem drafting dalvin cook.

The chiefs are a well run organization and they had no problem drafting tyreke hill.

The giants have put up with Odell and his nonsense. (Yeah yeah, I know he hasn't been arrested but he's been erratic and a distraction)

Aqib talib was once arrested for gun and assault charges and the broncos love him. 

Well whenever the Jets do something, they’re total idiots. You should know by know that’s how it works around here. 

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I didn't use this incident to prove he is a bad coach.  we know he has been a bad coach so far(I hope that changes), I mentioned it b/c when he got the extension the media was desperate to find something positive so the story was how he cleaned up the LR which just isn't true and is further proven by this Robby Anderson mess.

What locker room problems are there??

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

This would have been worse if drinking or drugs were involved but think about that for a moment.  It appears that no alcohol or drugs were involved and he totally flipped on an officer who basically was chasing trying to catch him in a high speed chase.   This dude totally has some screws missing.  The team should order an immediate psychiatric evaluation and send him to counseling before they let him back on the field.

What's to evaluate?  Someone who, 100% sober, would do what he did is either a complete moron, or a low class thug, or a combination of the two.

I don't care what the Jets do.  The Jets are a business, they're in it to win games and titles, not to win community service awards, and Anderson has asset value to them.  No one is going to stop watching or paying the Jets because of Anderson, so the business decision is obvious.

What I care about is what the COURT SYSTEM does.  If Anderson walks, it'll be yet another example that justice and law enforcement ISN'T based on skin tone, it's based on socio-economic class status.  The poor (often black, but plenty of whites too) get ****ed, the rich (mostly white, but some black too) get to walk.

Anderson deserves the book thrown at him for what he did, both for the risk he caused innocent folks he could have hit and killed in his little tantrum, and to set judicial precedent that being rich and (semi)famous is not a get out of jail free card.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Steelers QB is a serial rapist.  They're often considered the gold standard of organizations.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This post, specifically the highlighted sentence is specifically why so many are frustrated with people that are simply here to hate on the Jets.  

NFL players doing stupid things and getting arrested is NOT unique to the Jets - my guess is they've actually had less incidents than the average team.

11 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I hope that a group of former troublemakers of the NFL reach out to this kid to straighten him out. It's possible to turn over a new leaf and become a leader, or at the very least, just another guy in the locker room.

ASJ for one. 

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

What locker room problems are there??

let's see, in 3 years we had our starting Qbs jaw broken by a teammate, 2 of our biggest stars battling it out so badly that it carried over another year when they weren't even on our team, the numerous arrests, players calling out coaches for their gameplans, etc...  other than that it's been great.

On 1/19/2018 at 7:33 PM, batman10023 said:

I don’t think all of us go around saying we going to f@ck a cops wife. :-)

I told a cop to suck my ====D  and swallow when I was 24.... Didn't get arrested , I never did drugs, I was never in trouble.  But I was young, dumb and immature.    

Archived