With Jets Enunwa returning where would you play Robby Anderson?

SouthernJet

Assume Enunwa healthy, assume Robby suspension issues resolved.

Where do you think Robby would best help Jets Offense?

I think the X WR (split out farthest, deep threat, to keep Defense from stacking the box and opening up TEs, slot WR to slant routes and more YAC.)

Now we have to have a QB and to rebuild OffLine thru Free Agency and draft but that is a given.....

He has proved he can match up with #1 corners but he also can take advantage of the slot. Personally, I would like to see him line up across from Enunwa because of his ability to high point the jump ball so well. Kearse is best used as a slot over the middle. He did very well on crossing routes last year and picked up a ton of YAC.

Enunwa 

Anderson

Kearse 

Hansen

Stewert

Anderson and Enunwa are both probably #2 receivers... So it would be cool to have a pair of those, I guess. You could mix and match them.

But... If he doesn't shape up and grow up soon I'll be just as happy with him warming the bench. 

I think fixing the offense requires some bold moves. 1st fix the oline, we've talked about this ad nauseum. 2nd- Go after 1 really good WR in free agency & that's Jarvis Landry! Last year you drafted Stewart, Hansen, Leggette, that's plenty of players to go to battle without spending anymore money on the offense in free agency (fix oline + Jarvis Landry) Quincy Enunwa was a tough cover running in the Hback spot. You add a player like Landry in the slot with Kearse & Anderson wide. Hopefully with a QB like Kirk Cousins, one of last years draft picks starts making a move out of Stewart/Hansen/Leggette. In the 2018 draft, we can get a stud RB with one of our 2nd rounders. A combo of Sony Michel/McGuire/Powell would be fine. Last year, the Jets oline was putrid & ranked bottom 3 in the league in getting push. We failed multiple times on short yardage & many times our backs were hit during the handoffs. As much as I think Robbie Anderson is a immature douche, he'd be a handful out wide with Enunwa, Landry & Kearse and the threat of a running game. Cosuins has a much better arm, quicker release & is much more accurate than McCown, that alone makes Robbie scary if he gets 1 0n 1 matchups outside. Plus Anderson was developing some nice stop moves, inside & outside back shoulder catches which are almost impossible to stop when a CB has to give room to stop a go route.

Next year is his last year under contract.  He’s not getting any kind of coin from any team at this point.  We might as well see what we have in Stewart and Hanson and use what resources would have been used on him to bring in another WR.

1st time you could chalk it up as a mistake, immature, and reckless behavior.

2nd time illustrates a pattern of poor choices with no consideration to the consequences.  If I’m not mistaken, It’s not like he was drunk so he can’t even blame the bad behavior on alcohol.

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I think fixing the offense requires some bold moves. 1st fix the oline, we've talked about this ad nauseum. 2nd- Go after 1 really good WR in free agency & that's Jarvis Landry! Last year you drafted Stewart, Hansen, Leggette, that's plenty of players to go to battle without spending anymore money on the offense in free agency (fix oline + Jarvis Landry) Quincy Enunwa was a tough cover running in the Hback spot. You add a player like Landry in the slot with Kearse & Anderson wide. Hopefully with a QB like Kirk Cousins, one of last years draft picks starts making a move out of Stewart/Hansen/Leggette. In the 2018 draft, we can get a stud RB with one of our 2nd rounders. A combo of Sony Michel/McGuire/Powell would be fine. Last year, the Jets oline was putrid & ranked bottom 3 in the league in getting push. We failed multiple times on short yardage & many times our backs were hit during the handoffs. As much as I think Robbie Anderson is a immature douche, he'd be a handful out wide with Enunwa, Landry & Kearse and the threat of a running game. Cosuins has a much better arm, quicker release & is much more accurate than McCown, that alone makes Robbie scary if he gets 1 0n 1 matchups outside. Plus Anderson was developing some nice stop moves, inside & outside back shoulder catches which are almost impossible to stop when a CB has to give room to stop a go route.

Good post man. Pretty interesting opinion here. Dunno if I want 2 slot guys in Kearse AND Jarvis though. Enunwa at H back is cool. It worked well with two big guys like Marshall and Decker being focused on. Maybe it has that same impact and maybe it doesn’t.

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Good post man. Pretty interesting opinion here. Dunno if I want 2 slot guys in Kearse AND Jarvis though. Enunwa at H back is cool. It worked well with two big guys like Marshall and Decker being focused on. Maybe it has that same impact and maybe it doesn’t.

Versatility is key in the NFL. Enunwa was a matchup nightmare in 2015/2016. Too fast for LBs & Safeties, too strong for smaller CBs. Landry is strong, snatches with his hands, and had 112 Rec. for 987 yards. When you have 3 guys that can catch over the middle & underneath like Landry, Enunwa & Kearse, you can spread out the entire field if your QB has a strong arm & can make all the throws. I don't even know if I want to resign ASJ, we aready have Sterling/Leggette/Tomlinson. 

Assuming they keep the WR set as is, pretty much all of the guys have the ability to play both inside and outside, and will likely all move around in a constant rotation.  That said, based on their strengths and skill sets, Anderson is probably the one more suited to playing outside, while Kearse more on the inside, but they both moved back and forth last year, and Enunwa did the same the year before, so no reason to expect that to change much.  The only thing that could change this all would be if they actually go out and get themselves a true #1 WR, which none of these guys really are.

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Versatility is key in the NFL. Enunwa was a matchup nightmare in 2015/2016. Too fast for LBs & Safeties, too strong for smaller CBs. Landry is strong, snatches with his hands, and had 112 Rec. for 987 yards. When you have 3 guys that can catch over the middle & underneath like Landry, Enunwa & Kearse, you can spread out the entire field if your QB has a strong arm & can make all the throws. I don't even know if I want to resign ASJ, we aready have Sterling/Leggette/Tomlinson. 

You'd be comfortable going into 2018 with Sterling/Leggett/Tomlinson and their 26 combined career catches? ASF had that many catches in his first five weeks.

2 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

You'd be comfortable going into 2018 with Sterling/Leggett/Tomlinson and their 26 combined career catches? ASF had that many catches in his first five weeks.

i'd rather the jets take mayfield in the first, then grab andrews in the mid-2nd round.  

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He has proved he can match up with #1 corners but he also can take advantage of the slot. Personally, I would like to see him line up across from Enunwa because of his ability to high point the jump ball so well. Kearse is best used as a slot over the middle. He did very well on crossing routes last year and picked up a ton of YAC.

Enunwa - broke his neck. may never play again. Only a fool GM would "plan" for his return in the offense

Anderson - 2 arrests in two offseason... he did enough to not get immediately cut, but fck. cmon... long term? 

Kearse  - above avg JAG who can play the slot. Why pay Landry? 

Hansen - fck all

Stewert - fck all

To me, that is top 5 worst WR corps in the NFL.

Is this what you guys are pitching to Kirk Cousins?? LOL

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Enunwa may never play again and Robbie is 2 for 2 getting arrested in the off-season.

This is not going to work. 

surprised. all I have read so far and heard from beat writers is Jets Dr's say he Enunwa looking good and will be fine by camp. maybe he had a setback I didnt hear about.

Just now, Paradis said:

To me, that is top 5 worst WR corps in the NFL.

Is this what you guys are pitching to Kirk Cousins?? LOL

Huh? 

First of all, are we really writing Enunwa off before he even gets back on the field? He had a freak injury and will be given an opportunity to return. No one said this would/should be the final depth chart come September . . . You assumed that on your own. 

Second of all, Anderson’s arrest probably isn’t even going to get any league disciplinary action at the end of the day..if it does..4 games at the most. He is still a good WR. Yes. Can he be trusted? No. But until something else makes the situation boil over he will still be on the field come September and he will still put up numbers.

Third of all, WTF is an “above average Jag”? Kearse played really solid this year and is still young enough to keep getting better. His production over the middle is something you want from a slot guy and I see zero reason for anyone to be able to bash his involvement and production on this team. Sorry but “above average jag” isn’t enough reasoning for me to be convinced otherwise.

Hansen/Stewert are big question marks but Hansen has the size and has flashed a little bit for the limited reps he has gotten. To write any of the two off after their number of snaps is asinine. Stewert will start to look like an actual WR the day that he is used as an actual WR and not a little Percy Harvin gadget player. Bates will make that decision soon with the advantage of knowing Morton made the wrong one.

and BTW.. I think we should all stop using the term “jag” to describe sh*t players, because those Jags just won double digit games and went to the AFCCG. Just saying. 

Enunwa should absolutely be used as an H-Back, who can be split out wide with Robby Anderson being an outside WR and Kearse being the slot.

It is more scheme then talent when it comes to WRs, which is why I dont want to spend money on someone like Allen Robinson who struggles to get off the line, and put up most of his stats in garbage time.

This offense, whether its with Cousins or Darnold/Mayfield needs to keep the defense off balance, as we dont have an Antonio Brown/D'Andre Hopkins type player who can beat any coverage on his own.  The best way to do that is to put ASJ and Enunwa on the field together with Kearse and Robby. 

Anderson is going to get a cushion and/or safety help, which can make the read to his side of the field easier on the QB.  But more importantly, if the defense stays in a base package, treating Enunwa like a second TE, we split him out where he will beat a LB 90% of the time.  If the defense views him as a WR and moves to nickel, we can run the ball with him and ASJ as blockers.  This will make things a lot easier for whatever QB we have.

A healthy Enunwa, with his size, can really create mismatches for this offense and be a lot more valuable then split out as a traditional WR. 

2 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

surprised. all I have read so far and heard from beat writers is Jets Dr's say he Enunwa looking good and will be fine by camp. maybe he had a setback I didnt hear about.

Not saying he had a set back, but his injury was career threatning. Still a long ways to go and even if he does get clearance, how likely is he to be 100% for the remainder of his career? All i'm saying is, i'm not looking at his future in my "guarantees" pile of names.

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

Enunwa should absolutely be used as an H-Back, who can be split out wide with Robby Anderson being an outside WR and Kearse being the slot.

It is more scheme then talent when it comes to WRs, which is why I dont want to spend money on someone like Allen Robinson who struggles to get off the line, and put up most of his stats in garbage time.

This offense, whether its with Cousins or Darnold/Mayfield needs to keep the defense off balance, as we dont have an Antonio Brown/D'Andre Hopkins type player who can beat any coverage on his own.  The best way to do that is to put ASJ and Enunwa on the field together with Kearse and Robby. 

Anderson is going to get a cushion and/or safety help, which can make the read to his side of the field easier on the QB.  But more importantly, if the defense stays in a base package, treating Enunwa like a second TE, we split him out where he will beat a LB 90% of the time.  If the defense views him as a WR and moves to nickel, we can run the ball with him and ASJ as blockers.  This will make things a lot easier for whatever QB we have.

A healthy Enunwa, with his size, can really create mismatches for this offense and be a lot more valuable then split out as a traditional WR. 

Here is the thing. Chan Gaileys offense called for this H back set and he had big bodies on both sides to accommodate for the coverage. West coast is a little different. But I agree otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Huh? 

First of all, are we really writing Enunwa off before he even gets back on the field? He had a freak injury and will be given an opportunity to return. No one said this would/should be the final depth chart come September . . . You assumed that on your own. 

Second of all, Anderson’s arrest probably isn’t even going to get any league disciplinary action at the end of the day..if it does..4 games at the most. He is still a good WR. Yes. Can he be trusted? No. But until something else makes the situation boil over he will still be on the field come September and he will still put up numbers.

Third of all, WTF is an “above average Jag”? Kearse played really solid this year and is still young enough to keep getting better. His production over the middle is something you want from a slot guy and I see zero reason for anyone to be able to bash his involvement and production on this team. Sorry but “above average jag” isn’t enough reasoning for me to be convinced otherwise.

Hansen/Stewert are big question marks but Hansen has the size and has flashed a little bit for the limited reps he has gotten. To write any of the two off after their number of snaps is asinine. Stewert will start to look like an actual WR the day that he is used as an actual WR and not a little Percy Harvin gadget player. Bates will make that decision soon with the advantage of knowing Morton made the wrong one.

and BTW.. I think we should all stop using the term “jag” to describe sh*t players, because those Jags just won double digit games and went to the AFCCG. Just saying. 

Look, you're easily one of the more even-keeled posters here. Respect your work... 

With that said, I think you're living in lala land with your assessment.  Put your business cap on.

Are we really "planning" a future around on the return of Enunwa?... Anything we get from him is a bonus. Expecting more is sh*tty management. Later you said he doesn't have to be on the final depth chart, agreed, but your post suggested thats our WR corps for September. 

Secondly, fck Anderson. Guy hasn't even got paid yet and he's telling police he's going to nut in their wife's eye. You think that problem is going to better when he gets paid. I'll take him for 2018 (i guess), but man... he's a ticking time bomb. If i'm the GM, i'm looking for long term replacements.

Kearse played really well, agreed. He's above average. Good enough that i wouldn't entertain a replacement in FA, including Landry. 

Hansen and Stewart are total questions marks, and in Stewarts case, already disappointing.

You're confusing "writing off" with prudent management. What you're looking at there is one of the worst WR corpse in the NFL, next to present day SF, BUF, IND... as a manager, you cannot enter 2018 with that corps and be considered competent at your job. WSH's even in better shape than we are, hence the Cousins jab.

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Huh? 

No Enunwa (who I love) is a serious risk to never play again. He went down with a neck injury that ended his season and I believe he wasnt even hit on that play. I love his play, his style his strength and his attitude but he is 50/50 at best.

Anderson, dumb ass that he is is DEFINITELY getting a suspension from the league this year. The only question is how long. I love that kid's play but he isnt that bright. Despite the pleas to cut him I wouldnt. Whatever games I can get from him on that cheap contract I'm taking. 

I thought J.A.G was "just another guy"??? Have I been wrong all these years? hahahaha

3 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

Assume Enunwa healthy, assume Robby suspension issues resolved.

Where do you think Robby would best help Jets Offense?

I think the X WR (split out farthest, deep threat, to keep Defense from stacking the box and opening up TEs, slot WR to slant routes and more YAC.)

Now we have to have a QB and to rebuild OffLine thru Free Agency and draft but that is a given.....

Q might not be the same after that neck injury, and I wouldn't just assume Anderson's suspension will be resolved and he'll continue with the team

Archived