Mark Sanchez suspended for PEDs

JetsFanatic

Anyone believe him?

Had to look it up to jog my memory, but former NHL goalie Jose Theodore tested positive for something because he took Propecia. NHL was ok with it in the end but he was suspended for 2 years from international play. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark must be so upset this morning and it’s so unfair the way the league has set him up like this. Just awful. 

I am reaching out to the Jets and asking if they can invite him to the MetLife draft party later this month so Jets fans can show him our support and love in his time of need.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark must be so upset this morning and it’s so unfair the way the league has set him up like this. Just awful. 

I am reaching out to the Jets and asking if they can invite him to the MetLife draft party later this month so Jets fans can show him our support and love in his time of need.

SAR I

Yes....... like so many others in a time of emotional crisis the poor boy needs a safe space.

Maybe while here he can come to NY and make some $ doing reenactments of the buttfumble with fans willing to pay for the experience of him running into their azz.

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez is the greatest quarterback in modern Jets history. No Jets QB since the merger was as productive in his first three seasons. 

SAR I

Your statement (while incorrect) is not outlandishly off base.  However, it's really not much to brag about.  Below are the realistic options (I hope I missed some others but I don't think so) for comparison.  Kenny O from UC Davis gets my vote.

Ken O'Brien (I'm listing a 4th year since he only had 5 GS in his 1st year).

image.png

Chadwick:

image.png

Mark Sanchez:

image.png

54 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Yes....... like so many others in a time of emotional crisis the poor boy needs a safe space.

Maybe while here he can come to NY and make some $ doing reenactments of the buttfumble with fans willing to pay for the experience of him running into their azz.

sanchez-c27a6e09-1358-4dd9-b732-7612e230

The Buttfumble was Brandon Moore’s fault, he got elevated and tossed aside like a little rag doll by Vince Wilfork and thrown into Sanchez’ path before the slide even began.

You’ll have to find another myth to crucify Mark for. 

SAR I

14 hours ago, The Crusher said:

*Please READ*

I originally locked this thread but decided to not let a couple people who can’t follow rules screw it up for everyone. So...

Any personal attacks, politics, racism or religion in this  thread and you go away until training camp. Don’t care who you are or who you think you are . 

You been warned. Have fun kids! 

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!!!!!

Oh, wait....

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Buttfumble was Brandon Moore’s fault, he got elevated and tossed aside like a little rag doll by Vince Wilfork and thrown into Sanchez’ path before the slide even began.

SAR I

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

This is 100% fact. What a lot of people miss is that if Moore merely holds his ground vs Wilfork, Sanchez probably picks up forty yards on that run.

I read Mark's statement and thought it was believable. He claims to have passed every drug test ever administered over his career, over 70 of them. Including tests before and after the failed one. Which he says might have been due to not taking the drug itself but for some reason having it possibly adjacent to something he did ingest. I don't know but passing 70 tests says something. And where was the motive. He didn't even play one snap last year. There were rumors Pete Carroll might sign him to back up Wilson. As a player I'm not a fan of Mark's. One of my happiest days as a Jets fan was the day he was released. But he might be due the benefit of the doubt on this one, maybe.

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I read Mark's statement and thought it was believable. He claims to have passed every drug test ever administered over his career, over 70 of them. Including tests before and after the failed one. Which he claims might have been due to not taking the drug itself but for some reason having it possibly adjacent to something he did ingest. I don't know but passing 70 tests says something. And where was the motive. He didn't even play one snap last year. There were rumors Pete Carroll might sign him to back up Wilson. As a player I'm not a fan of Mark's. One of my happiest days as a Jets fan was the day he was released. But he might be due the benefit of the doubt on this one, maybe.

His best defense: "Please, Performance Enhancing Drug!... Have you seen me play football?"

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Sign him to play QB he will be the best QB on the roster before the draft. 

When you talk about coming back from something, you mean returning to the form you had just before you were injured or suspended. Sanchez' championship games were ancient history by the time he got suspended, all he had been doing for a few years was hanging onto a roster by the skin of his teeth. If Sanchez had never been suspended or busted, his chances of making a roster were still not that great.

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

I blame all his problems past and present on no weaponz. All.

Exactly. 

Confidence is half the battle in the NFL. Rex and Idzik destroyed Mark. This franchise hasn't been the same since.

SAR I

50 minutes ago, BigO said:

I bet Sanchez used a low grade ketchup that caused the supplement contamination. Switch to mustard Mark.

Mark Sanchez is an ethical person who runs several charities and would be just about the last player to cheat by using PED's at this stage of his career.

As for the hot dog incident:

“I wasn’t feeling verygood and didn’t eat much before the game, so  I was feeling a little
queasy.  Toward the end of the game, I probably should have eaten one of
those bars or something, but someone offered [a hot dog], so I grabbed
it and tried to be discreet about it, but obviously not discreet
enough.  So I shouldn’t have done that, and it won’t happen again.”

1) Mark wasn't feeling well and ate to support the team instead of sitting out like Revis or Scott would have and 2) it never happened again.  Oh, and 3) we won 38-0 and Mark had a 107.0 QBR so who did it hurt exactly.

Mark is being set up by the NFL, his appeal will exonerate him I am certain.

SAR I

45 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

I would think this would be the end of his career if the appeal fails.  I’ve always felt he could bounce around the NFL for another 10 years - a la McCown, Fitz, Hoyer, etc.  This might be it.  

Nonsense. He’s still a more competent back up QB than most teams have on their roster. Would you take Clemens, Hoyer, Geno over Sanchez? I think not.  It’s his first offense if found guilty. Not the end of the world. And with the state of lousy QB’s in the league, Sanchez will easily find a job. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez is an ethical person who runs several charities and would be just about the last player to cheat by using PED's at this stage of his career.

As for the hot dog incident:

“I wasn’t feeling verygood and didn’t eat much before the game, so  I was feeling a little
queasy.  Toward the end of the game, I probably should have eaten one of
those bars or something, but someone offered [a hot dog], so I grabbed
it and tried to be discreet about it, but obviously not discreet
enough.  So I shouldn’t have done that, and it won’t happen again.”

1) Mark wasn't feeling well and ate to support the team instead of sitting out like Revis or Scott would have and 2) it never happened again.  Oh, and 3) we won 38-0 and Mark had a 107.0 QBR so who did it hurt exactly.

Mark is being set up by the NFL, his appeal will exonerate him I am certain.

SAR I

So serious Sar. I can only imagine how you’d feel if he had a pizza and coke to go along with the hot dog ? 

1 hour ago, BigO said:

So serious Sar. I can only imagine how you’d feel if he had a pizza and coke to go along with the hot dog ? 

I can tolerate the fact that on an NFL level Mark Sanchez was not a great QB and I can tolerate the fact that since his first 3 seasons he's shown zero growth and doesn't deserve NFL playing time.

But I cannot tolerate Jets fans dismissal of Mark Sanchez while watching them cradle losers like Chad Pennington and Ken O'Brien in their bosom.  Mark Sanchez did a lot more with lesser offenses than Mr. Injury and Mrs. Happy Feet yet Jets fans fawn all over those guys who sh-t the bed in every big pressure playoff situation they ever faced.  Mark was a great Jet and deserves respect from the Mets fans who got teased too much in the junior high cafeteria while clinging to their Rusty Staub bubblegum cards as if they were gold.  He won playoff games and was the best Jet on the field in two consecutive AFC Championship Games.  If Mark's in trouble now he has earned our support.

SAR I

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mark was a great Jet and deserves respect

SAR I

Maybe he didn't get the best coaching or handling.  But he had a great chance in Philly to nail down the starting QB job and blew it.  He can't say he didn't get a second chance-he did.

Archived