Where and who will you be watching the Draft with?

jetstream23

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

In other words, who will be hearing your profanity and will it be your TV or some sports bar's TV that gets a beer glass thrown at it?

As for me, I'll be home having a few family and friends over to watch.  An early pick improves the chance of being mostly sober and not ruining a 55" TV.

Given that the draft begins 2am my time it'll just be me and the oled

1 hour ago, TheGreenGhost said:

At MetLife with a few friends who are dumb enough to go with me.

Less likelihood of me breaking anything I own there, but a higher possibility of a riot breaking out when the pick is announced. :comb:

Same.

Kinda hoping there’s open access between the giants and jets fans, given our draft slots. Could be fun...until the giants take Rosen, or even worse: Rosen’s still on the board and we pick the wrong Josh.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m going to be at a vegan restaurant for a fundraiser during the draft so my anguish will be super awkward but **** those grifters.

Being a vegetarian for going on a full decade this year, I can safely say that gluten free and vegans are the bane of my existence. “No sir, nothing that used to have a face, but hell ******* yes I want parmesan cheese on my gluten-filled pasta!”

I'll be in Indianapolis for the week for the IAFF Instructors Conference...held at the Indy Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium. I've stepped off the ledge long enough to probably go to the Champions Sports Bar at the Marriott and watch the first round, probably just enough time to see the Jets do something moronic and to be driven back into a Jets Hating Rage and return to self imposed exile. The fact that Downtown Indy will be overrun with around 10,000 Firefighters and public inebriation will be acceptable, if not an actively encouraged activity, I'll blend in and be unnoticeable in my drunken hate-bubble.

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

By my damn self because I’m a lonely and miserable SOB.

I will pay $100 for anobody who records the psycho anti mayfield fans like that dude Phil who butt fumbles everyone who even mentions his name ? only if mayfield is picked lol

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

I will be in the Metlife parking lot. Except for the 20 minutes the Jets are kind enough to let us all in the stadium before kicking us out lol.

Hope you have actual spring warm weather thurs max ha. I assume plenty of giants fans will be up there too? Maybe first time both NY teams picking back to back in top 3. We can at least always brag we had to trade 3 2nd round picks to join the gutter team giants who earned their way to #2 all by themselves Lol

The Mrs due date was 4/20.

So who TF knows where I’ll be.

If I’m lucky, and she’s not...they will begin to induce labor on Fri midnight and Sat/Sun is the day I can be surrounded by 3 and not 2 women until my heart explodes and they enjoy the fruits of my life insurance. 

Go Jets!

Ill be watching alone and forcing myself to love whoever we pick.

My wife, who I have told at least 100 times that the draft is next week will ask me 2 days after its completed, "when is that draft that you wanted to watch?"

When my partners and I moved our practice from NYC to Ann Arbor we declared the draft a holiday weekend.  We are older and do not travel back for the draft or games anymore.  However, we hold a draft party in our offices for associates, families, customers and special guests.  I come from an AFC East family (NY/NJ, Buffalo, Boston and Orlando), there will be an immense amount of $&!# being thrown back and forth.  It's a lot of fun.

Flying to Dallas on Wednesday night.  My cousin lives there.   He is desperately trying to get tickets inside the draft through business connections.  Still prohibitively expensive on the secondary market right now and he wasn't able to get them through the lottery.  If not, will still be plenty of entertainment outside the stadium regardless.    Never been to a draft before.

19 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

She watches the "real" housewives show and your the idiot ? lol

Exaclty, but it does not matter.  I am always the idiot.  Been that way for 25+ years.  Seems to work for us.

5 hours ago, Lith said:

Exaclty, but it does not matter.  I am always the idiot.  Been that way for 25+ years.  Seems to work for us.

You'd get less time for murder.  j/k ;)  I'm SO lucky that the wife's a football fanatic . If we had a road game she'd ride with me 4 1/2 -5 hours out, sit in the stands weather it was nice or pouring rain for 3 hours, then ride back to Buffalo with me. And this was after only 4 months of dating. She did this several times a year, every year, until I retired from the team.

52 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

You'd get less time for murder.  j/k ;)  I'm SO lucky that the wife's a football fanatic . If we had a road game she'd ride with me 4 1/2 -5 hours out, sit in the stands weather it was nice or pouring rain for 3 hours, then ride back to Buffalo with me. And this was after only 4 months of dating. She did this several times a year, every year, until I retired from the team.

My wife is not a football fan.  And neither is my daughter or daughter in law.  And it works out perfectly.  My son and I do one or two trips a year for football, just the two of us, and I love those weekends.  Last year we did the Jets v Tampa and then the Rose Bowl to see the Dawgs.  This year, we are doing the Bears game and UGA-Mizzou.  I am glad that he and I have these weekends. 2x per year. No wives, just us.

I dragged my wife to a couple of games when I was in grad school down in Georgia in the early 90s, but its not her thing.  Didn't take long to figure out that both of us were happier if she stayed home.

Used to make appetizers and watch with the wife who became a reluctant fan over 23 years .. she passed away this past year. so I'll figure something out. She would have loved to have seen us draft a shiny new QB .. and curse with us a when he ended up being Josh Allen and knew he would not play this year

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Used to make appetizers and watch with the wife who became a reluctant fan over 23 years .. she passed away this past year. so I'll figure something out. She would have loved to have seen us draft a shiny new QB .. and curse with us a when he ended up being Josh Allen and knew he would not play this year emoji846.png

So sorry for your loss Dunnie.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Used to make appetizers and watch with the wife who became a reluctant fan over 23 years .. she passed away this past year. so I'll figure something out. She would have loved to have seen us draft a shiny new QB .. and curse with us a when he ended up being Josh Allen and knew he would not play this year emoji846.png

That’s haunting. Sorry for your loss. 

11 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

lol  Scotch is good. As long as she doesn't start handing you bullets.

For real. Can’t help it brother. I’ve been a Jet fan too long to turn back now. I hoping this is it.

1 minute ago, MaxAF said:

For real. Can’t help it brother. I’ve been a Jet fan too long to turn back now. I hoping this is it.

Me too ! Been a fan from the time Namath signed. Long time. At least I got to see the SB III win.

Archived