Jump to content
Gas2No99

Ben McAdoo doesn’t like the way Sam Darnold throws the football


Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Sure Sam has a bit of a elongated motion but does Allen’s completion percentage against less than inspiring competition not knock him down a few notches? He doesn’t have great field vision and he has zero anticipation. I’m not going to act like I know more about QB evaluation but C’MON.....r u serious?

He’s your #1 ranked QB and yet he can’t complete nor compete against a sh*t conference?

People can bring up his lack of teammates all day but I say SAVE IT. Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold played in a much harder division with just as bad of talent at WR.

Did Josh Allen light up Stanford’s vaunted D TWICE? Did Josh Allen make a magical comeback at 18-19 years old in the Rose Bowl?

Oh but he did have that one Cotton Bowl game though right???😭😭😭 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will treat this as another positive note about our guy.  That guy is one of the crappiest talent evaluators around, which is one of the reasons why he is looking for a job.  And he would take the guy with the 49% completion percentage in junior college over all the other guys.  At least he's consistent in his dopiness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sure Sam has a bit of a elongated motion but does Allen’s completion percentage against less than inspiring competition now knock him down a few notches? 

He’s your #1 ranked QB and yet he can’t complete not compete against a sh*t conference?

People can bring up his lack of teammates all day but I say SAVE IT. Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold played in a much harder division with just as bad of talent at WR.

What are you talking about?  Jordan Lasley was drafted. Darnold had Smith-Schuster in 2017.  Can you tell me which of Wyoming's WRs we are going to watch on Sundays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sounds like mcadoo-doo is being a little nit picking.  why qb coming out of college doesn't have some flaw?  mechanics seems to be a catch all.  and the pros are full of successful qb's with bad throwing motion.  did he ever watch favre throw off his back leg?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What are you talking about?  Jordan Lasley was drafted. Darnold had Smith-Schuster in 2017.  Can you tell me which of Wyoming's WRs we are going to watch on Sundays?

Allen is a dud.  He has been mediocre in high school, junior college and college.  At some point you have to stop blaming his teammates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

What are you talking about?  Jordan Lasley was drafted. Darnold had Smith-Schuster in 2017.  Can you tell me which of Wyoming's WRs we are going to watch on Sundays?

For one, i’m just talking about this past season

Secondly, Jordan Lasley was just about Rosen’s only weapon. 

JuJu was two years ago but if you are trying to say two guys off of both teams combined are in the NFL and that’s solid help than I would like to call your attempt a reach at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all know about darnolds throwing motion.  He just needs to shorten it a bit.  Hes not byron leftwich bad, but it needs to be worked on.

im sure the coaching staff has addressed it already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sure Sam has a bit of a elongated motion but does Allen’s completion percentage against less than inspiring competition not knock him down a few notches? He doesn’t have great field vision and he has zero anticipation. I’m not going to act like I know more about QB evaluation but C’MON.....r u serious?

He’s your #1 ranked QB and yet he can’t complete nor compete against a sh*t conference?

People can bring up his lack of teammates all day but I say SAVE IT. Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold played in a much harder division with just as bad of talent at WR.

Did Josh Allen light up Stanford’s vaunted D TWICE? Did Josh Allen make a magical comeback at 18-19 years old in the Rose Bowl?

Oh but he did have that one Cotton Bowl game though right???😭😭😭 

Macdoodle is an idiot, and he is just pointing out the top are 1 few weakness darnold has. I’m sure he has been working on it, we shall see in real time pre season games. That could be a reason why he doesn’t start right  away. He could be working on it well in practice under zero pressure.. Just like a hitter will successful change his swing in the cage, but will often go back to bad habits at first in real time games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We all know about darnolds throwing motion.  He just needs to shorten it a bit.  Hes not byron leftwich bad, but it needs to be worked on.

im sure the coaching staff has addressed it already.

i think there is..  " some room for a little fine-tuning "   😉

0702_spo_ocr-l-darnold-26.jpg?w=620

 

😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

For one, i’m just talking about this past season

Secondly, Jordan Lasley was just about Rosen’s only weapon. 

JuJu was two years ago but if you are trying to say two guys off of both teams combined are in the NFL and that’s solid help than I would like to call your attempt a reach at best.

A reach?  UCLA had 2 WRs that are being carried by NFL teams RIGHT NOW.  Lasley was drafted by the Ravens and the Patriots are carrying Darren Andrews on the non-football injury list. Same for USC.  Deontay Burnett is on the Titans. Steven Mitchell is with the Rams.  Tyler Vaughns will be in the NFL one day - he was a top 3 WR prospect. Same probably goes for Pittman Jr, who was a top 10 WR prospect. Allen's top 2 guys were underclassmen.  A converted point guard and CJ Johnson.  Maybe they will get in an NFL camp, but the idea that they rise to the level of USC/UCLA talent is laughable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

A reach?  UCLA had 2 WRs that are being carried by NFL teams RIGHT NOW.  Lasley was drafted by the Ravens and the Patriots are carrying Darren Andrews on the non-football injury list. Same for USC.  Deontay Burnett is on the Titans. Steven Mitchell is with the Rams.  Tyler Vaughns will be in the NFL one day - he was a top 3 WR prospect. Same probably goes for Pittman Jr, who was a top 10 WR prospect. Allen's top 2 guys were underclassmen.  A converted point guard and CJ Johnson.  Maybe they will get in an NFL camp, but the idea that they rise to the level of USC/UCLA talent is laughable. 

Lasely was a 4th rounder and the only one out of both teams combined that will have any kind of impact. Burnett wasn’t even drafted...i have no idea who Steve Mitchell is and Tyler Vaughn probably will be drafted, does that mean he’s some kind of super talented WR that moves the needle on how great his weapons were? 

That’s a terrible angle to argue from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Allen is a dud.  He has been mediocre in high school, junior college and college.  At some point you have to stop blaming his teammates.

I am not making any analysis of Allen at all.  I am saying that USC and UCLA have considerably more WR talent than Wyoming.  It is a fact, it isn't really something to debate.  It may not matter.  Wyoming played teams with worse talent too, but the idea that their skill positions were comparable to the monster than USC trots out there is a joke. 

 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lasely was a 4th rounder and the only one out of both teams combined that will have any kind of impact. Burnett wasn’t even drafted...i have no idea who Steve Mitchell is and Tyler Vaughn probably will be drafted, does that mean he’s some kind of super talented WR that moves the needle on how great his weapons were? 

That’s a terrible angle to argue from. 

USC and UCLA had considerably more WR talent than Wyoming.  That is a fact.  Whether guys "move the needle" in the NFL is not really relevant. I have no angle, just pointing out your ridiculous statement was wrong.  Since you don't know who Darnold's #3 WR was, maybe you don't want to have this discussion.  Especially when that #3 is in an NFL camp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am not making any analysis of Allen at all.  I am saying that USC and UCLA have considerably more WR talent than Wyoming.  It is a fact, it isn't really something to debate.  It may not matter.  Wyoming played teams with worse talent too, but the idea that their skill positions were comparable to the monster than USC trots out there is a joke. 

 

USC and UCLA had considerably more WR talent than Wyoming.  That is a fact.  Whether guys "move the needle" in the NFL is not really relevant. I have no angle, just pointing out your ridiculous statement was wrong.  Since you don't know who Darnold's #3 WR was, maybe you don't want to have this discussion.  Especially when that #3 is in an NFL camp

I honestly think you just like to argue lol...because nothing about that statement was false. Yeah, Wyoming has sh*t weapons but if you compare the toughness of both conferences and the lack of talent from USC/UCLA to Wyoming

it sorta evens the playing field out in my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I honestly think you just like to argue lol...because nothing about that statement was false. Yeah, Wyoming has sh*t weapons but if you compare the toughness of both conferences and the lack of talent from USC/UCLA to Wyoming

it sorta evens the playing field out in my mind.

I don't mind arguing, but mostly I hate seeing nonsense spouted as fact.  Sorta evens the playing field is very different than what you initially said.  You have apparently edited it, but you said they had "just as bad of talent at WR." I quoted it.

Quote

People can bring up his lack of teammates all day but I say SAVE IT. Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold played in a much harder division with just as bad of talent at WR.

The above is false. They played in a harder division yes, but their talent at WR was considerably better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×