Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I’m redisigning my whole house.  My wife is >20 years younger than me and the in color is matte black for everything.  I hated it at first, but it’s growing on me.  I am 100% sure after this experience our helmets will be matte black.  I’m also around 75% sure that anyone on here 40 years old and up will probably not like the new uniforms, but it will grow on them. 

You lucky man and nope. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I would be fine with this but I am afraid they are going to be more elaborate. 

I doubt they will be this simple.  I am expecting to not like them but like I said months ago it will come down to if we win in them.  If we win we'll eventually love them.  

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'm getting the gist that WHITE is not considered a team color. 

So Arz would just be Red and they've added Black as an accent 3rd color only in the past 10 years I think. 

Vikings and Chiefs did the same with yellow trim, not sure exactly when though...

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Since 2012 the NFL has been advised by the medical / concussion community that it is safer for players to have a single helmet in a given season, so no longer can teams in the NFL flip between a white helmet and a blue helmet etc.  One helmet, that’s it.

So if the Jets eschew a white helmet and go for a different color like black, green, or gray it would mean that we would never be able to dress in our 1968 AFL uniforms as our throwback. Considering how good they look, how important Super Bowl III was to league history, and the upcoming 60th anniversary season commemorating the AFL in 2020, I don’t see the Jets abandoning the white helmet. 

SAR I

Jets are not designing their new, bold jersey in whatever color you want so that IF they use the current uniform as a throwback they'll have the white throwback helmet.

If they were that concerned with throwbacks they would have actually worn one over the 5 or so years.  We havent seen one since the Titans uniforms.  

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Jets are not designing their new, bold jersey in whatever color you want so that IF they use the current uniform as a throwback they'll have the white throwback helmet.

If they were that concerned with throwbacks they would have actually worn one over the 5 or so years.  We havent seen one since the Titans uniforms.  

We couldn’t wear the NY Titans uniforms because the Jets helmets could not be blue.  

We didn’t have throwbacks because we have been wearing them since 1998. 

So when we get brand new and modern uniforms for the first time in team history in 2019, we will finally be able to use the 1968 jerseys as a true throwback. 

The 1968 AFL uniforms are to the identity and culture of the New York Jets what the pinstripes are to the New York Yankees. And like the San Diego Chargers, they will be perennial best sellers and since this is all about money, there’s no way we are going to lose the best or second-best looking jerseys the AFL ever created by picking a bad helmet color that doesn’t work with them. 

Embrace the white helmet.  It’s happening.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We couldn’t wear the NY Titans uniforms because the Jets helmets could not be blue.  

We didn’t have throwbacks because we have been wearing them since 1998. 

So when we get brand new and modern uniforms for the first time in team history in 2019, we will finally be able to use the 1968 jerseys as a true throwback. 

The 1968 AFL uniforms are to the identity and culture of the New York Jets what the pinstripes are to the New York Yankees. And like the San Diego Chargers, they will be perennial best sellers and since this is all about money, there’s no way we are going to lose the best or second-best looking jerseys the AFL ever created by picking a bad helmet color that doesn’t work with them. 

Embrace the white helmet.  It’s happening.

SAR I

NO team, anywhere is doing a bold, exciting, their words, uniform and dialing back that uniform with an eye on a throwback uniform. It makes no sense.  We didnt give a damn about throwback all these years, could have worn the 80-90s unifrm wth a white helmet if they wanted to  but now its a game changer?  Like I said, could be white but throwbacks arent the reason why.  Jets uniform sales arent even in the top 10.   Not one player is in the top 25.  

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

We literally did it this year against the Colts for the 50th anniversary of SB III.

Not really, we wore our regular uniform, just all white like they wore in the SB.  Still this uniform, the one we wore week 1 in Detroit

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Jets uniform sales arent even in the top 10.   Not one player is in the top 25.  

Ranked 11th in worse to first. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-redskins/photos-ranking-all-32-nfl-uniforms#slide-28

Not having the superstar marquee players and franchise QB for years has hurt jersey sales. 

Darnold,Adams and winning some games should change all that. 

Unless these new uniforms are horrible. 

7 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

The fact that new uniforms has went this many pages just shows how bad our organization really is.  Hope Sam turns it around.

Well actually it just shows what we talk about instead of discussing the up and coming 2019 Super Bowl.....uniforms are fine we have more concerns wish others would see this, and what other organization in professional sports has a contest and lets fans pick the new uniforms.. 

The God dam* Jets that's who!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Not really, we wore our regular uniform, just all white like they wore in the SB.  Still this uniform, the one we wore week 1 in Detroit

No, they did other things to throw back to super bowl 3 including the gray facemasks. Week 1 in Detroit were the “white out” color rush ones. Different tweaks.

On 1/25/2019 at 6:40 PM, joewilly12 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-redskins/photos-ranking-all-32-nfl-uniforms#slide-28

Not having the superstar marquee players and franchise QB for years has hurt jersey sales. 

Dont really care where theyre ranked look wise, they look great but thats not the point.  He said they were a top seller and theyre not.  I love the way they look doesnt make them top sellers.  

Baker is a top seller, Darnold isnt.  Adams is a exciting player.  No reason they cant sell more than a blip.  The Giants are at the top, they suck

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

No, they did other things to throw back to super bowl 3 including the gray facemasks. Week 1 in Detroit were the “white out” color rush ones. Different tweaks.

Wow, grey facemasks?  Real throwbacks.  

They wore their regular all white unis, they look LIKE the SB unis, not exact like a throwback looks.  You look at the Colt games, 69 and 18.  

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

so no longer can teams in the NFL flip between a white helmet and a blue helmet etc.  One helmet, that’s it

Not true. The Rams have been flipping between two helmets this season. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/27/rams-get-permission-to-wear-throwbacks-five-times-this-year/amp/

1009_SPO_LDN-L-RAMS-1009-JM-21__24660663

merlin_149504622_7ce0af20-7760-4986-813b-4ab4c5b476d3-articleLarge.jpg.41e66b09069f296f6f0c829d6687e867.jpg

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

May have been discussed, but I always thought the different NFL helmets throughout a season are actually the same helmets with new or added decals. And something like different NCAA helmets are actually different helmets. I may be waaay off. 

27 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

la.jpg

cr5.gif

cr4-jpg.jpg

Same helmet, different decals and facemasks.  The Jets did the same thing with the Color Rush helmets and that White Out helmet.  A change in facemask and decals makes a marked difference.

Note the importance of the throwback uniform to the Rams organization and the fans; they even requested to wear them in the Super Bowl.  After a few years in the Jets hot new modern uniforms have made their splash we will want to see them again in their '68 throwbacks and with white colored helmets a mere decal-swap and facemask-swap makes it all possible.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

la.jpg

cr5.gif

cr4-jpg.jpg

Same helmet, different decals and facemasks.  The Jets did the same thing with the Color Rush helmets and that White Out helmet.  A change in facemask and decals makes a marked difference.

Note the importance of the throwback uniform to the Rams organization and the fans; they even requested to wear them in the Super Bowl.  After a few years in the Jets hot new modern uniforms have made their splash we will want to see them again in their '68 throwbacks and with white colored helmets a mere decal-swap and facemask-swap makes it all possible.

SAR I

You are right. My mistake. That is the same navy blue helmet the Rams are using, just with different colored horn decals. For some reason I was thinking it was a different shade of blue. I agree with you regarding the importance of the 1968 throwback helmet. 

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You do realize the Rams are changing their uniforms and helmets in 2020, right?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

It also didn't help that they announced a uniform change last year so most probably wanted to wait to get the new stuff when it comes out.  If they didn't announce the change they would have been much higher on that list.