Jets need a real option at HC to fire Todd Bowles in season.

Lupz27

And Bowles has done a terrific job of making sure there is zero candidates on his coaching staff.

So to that I say **** it, you already have a bunch of his offensive staff in place, fire Bowles, and hire Mike Shannahan, and send Rodgers out with Bowles, and maybe promote Greene? 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

And Bowles has done a terrific job of making sure there is zero candidates on his coaching staff.

So to that I say **** it, you already have a bunch of his offensive staff in place, fire Bowles, and hire Mike Shannahan, and send Rodgers out with Bowles, and maybe promote Greene?  I don’t really have a answer for the defense, but TBH a untrained monkey couldn’t do worse.

Do you realize this can't be done in season. Can Bowles, promote Dennison to HC, promote whomever on defense and clean house at the end of the season.

3 hours ago, RobR said:

Do you realize this can't be done in season. Can Bowles, promote Dennison to HC, promote whomever on defense and clean house at the end of the season.

Why can’t this be done in season?  Every offensive coach on the Jets was an assistant for Mike Shannahan and both Dennison and Bates did the exact same thing for him pass coordinator/QB coach, and Run game coordinator 

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Why can’t this be done in season?  Every offensive coach on the Jets was an assistant for Mike Shannahan and both Dennison and Bates did the exact same thing for him pass coordinator/QB coach, and Run game coordinator 

It's not that simple....

Any coach worth a damn would want a training camp to evaluate the roster and set the tone for the season....Shanahan or anyone else isnt coming in off the street to get this team ready to play

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

So to that I say **** it, you already have a bunch of his offensive staff in place, fire Bowles, and hire Mike Shannahan, and send Rodgers out with Bowles, and maybe promote Greene?  I don’t really have a answer for the defense, but TBH a untrained monkey couldn’t do worse.

Agreed.  Bowles is ruining these young kids....

I agree that Bowles has done a good job of not adding any credible successors to his staff.

Todd Haley available?  Show no interest in him, and promote your QB coach to the OC gig.

Having a guy like Haley here would have made firing Bowles in season a much easier proposition.

The only guy on the staff with legit HC experience is WRs coach Karl Dorrell, who was HC at UCLA for several years. He didn't have a great record, but at least he has experience in the top job. Let him finish out the season, then go get an offensive innovator as the next HC.

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Todd Bowes has surrounded himself with bigger morons than he is.  

I never liked him and never will. 

It is amazing he has survived this long.  It was obvious since week 17 2015 he was not a head coach and we are 11-25 since then

53 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I agree that Bowles has done a good job of not adding any credible successors to his staff.

Todd Haley available?  Show no interest in him, and promote your QB coach to the OC gig.

Having a guy like Haley here would have made firing Bowles in season a much easier proposition.

The only guy on the staff with legit HC experience is WRs coach Karl Dorrell, who was HC at UCLA for several years. He didn't have a great record, but at least he has experience in the top job. Let him finish out the season, then go get an offensive innovator as the next HC.

Haley is also an idiot 

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

It is amazing he has survived this long.  It was obvious since week 17 2015 he was not a head coach and we are 11-25 since then

I been saying it for awhile and there were many who were very critical of it now the board is filled with Fire Todd Bowles threads. 

I like the idea of hiring Mike Shanahan. I wanted them to hire him when Rex was canned. But they can't do it midseason. No way he or any other coach worth a damn goes for it. 

You either stick with Bowles for the rest of the season, or fire him and promote one of the assistants in the interim. 

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I been saying it for awhile and there were many who were very critical of it now the board is filled with Fire Todd Bowles threads. 

People have been defending Bowles and Macagnan for years.  My favorite excuse is Idzik’s 2014 draft like somehow it takes 20 years to recover from that

11 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

At least he's a passionate, hard-driving idiot.  That would be an upgrade.

You don’t want that guy anywhere near Sam.  He’s inept and abrasive Ben Roethlisberger couldn’t stand him and he acted like a joke in Kansas City

The Baker-lovers will be making him their scapegoat by the end of this season

7 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I like the idea of hiring Mike Shanahan. I wanted them to hire him when Rex was canned. But they can't do it midseason. No way he or any other coach worth a damn goes for it. 

You either stick with Bowles for the rest of the season, or fire him and promote one of the assistants in the interim. 

Isn’t he involved with the 49ers since his son is there?

If we are hiring a new GM (which I don’t think is going to happen Mac has better job security than the Queen of England) the guy who I think we actually would be able to hire who would be way better is Scot McCloughan formerly of the Redskins who drafted Russel Wilson, Kirk Cousins and Richard Sherman 

34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If we are hiring a new GM (which I don’t think is going to happen Mac has better job security than the Queen of England) the guy who I think we actually would be able to hire who would be way better is Scot McCloughan formerly of the Redskins who drafted Russel Wilson, Kirk Cousins and Richard Sherman 

Scot McCloughlan didnt draft Wilson or Sherman, John Schneider was and still is the GM at Seattle.  McCloughlan started working for the Redskins in 2015, long after Kirk Cousins was drafted.  Cool story but none of it is true.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

They aren't firing him in season, I'll not convinced our do nothing current owner will level fire him in the offseason but I'd be less shocked if the Jets be won the super bowl this year than if we fired Bowles during the season.

If things don't turnaround this season, he will get fired. The Jets lowered sesaon tickets for two years (2018 & 2019) and are changing uniforms next season (signaling a new era) for those business reasons alone, Bowles cannot survive a disaster season.

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

Not that I’m advocating it, but Rex would show up tomorrow if asked.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

McCloughn is on the Browns staff. He’s why Mayfield went 1.

He didn’t draft those guys, but he did build the 49ers into a contender. Guy is a legit scout. I agree, but facts are wrong.

Bowles will not be fired in season, it’s very rare for that to happen in the nfl. Plus as mentioned, he has surrounded himself with morons, nobody even worth thinking about to replace him. He is on his way to getting fired though. Even though the Johnson’s are usually late to the party when it comes to management moves their hand might be forced if the team goes 2-14 or so. I think Mac will stay. He will argue he drafted a franchise qb and has the team set up with a lot of cap room. Maybe Mac can convince bill o’ brien to come? He just signed an extension so  may have to give up a pick for him.

9 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Please OP, or MODs... I know no harm intended here... but delete the "monkey" comment.   Very insensitive when discussing Bowles.  The guy sucks... but don't use that word.

Archived