Buster Skrine to IR?

joewilly12

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets slot CB Buster Skrine's concussion is his fourth in three years.

Coach Todd Bowles admitted the obvious when he called it "concerning." Skrine could be looking at a trip to injured reserve.

During FA I wanted us to sign Aaron Colvin to replace Buster in the slot but now I see Colvin is on the IR list.

I hope it's not serious Buster good luck in your recovery. I forgive you for all the torment you have caused with all the dumb penalties, take this time too figure out the difference between a good penalty and bad penalty.

Dam, no mercy on the board.  I'm all for bashing but when it comes down to health related issues, especially a potentially life changing  issue, that's where I draw the line. 

Best of luck to you Buster, I hope you get better and there are no long term effects.

21 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Wow - IR for his first concussion of the season? To think we used to call it getting your bell rung and you were back in on the next play. 

I'm not sure it's his first this year.  I recall him getting his bell rung vs. Detroit and one other game.  

If he is put on IR you won't be seizing him in a Jet uniform again. We paid that dude way too much. And for some reason, maybe his goofy hair, refs always picked him out for penalties. The guy had a reputation & every ref in the league knew it, every opposing OC attacked him. When you have a guy with a target ? from both the refs & the opposing QB, you gotta say to yourself, what is Todd Bowles seeing that we don't? 

I don't want any long term ramifications for Buster but this is definitely addition by subtraction. It forces Todd to find another way to get things done.

Archived