Speaking of classless...

JustInFudge

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Are you parents proud of you for apparently being indifferent to a guy choking his pregnant girlfriend unconscious? Boo F'n hoo for Hill getting a beer dumped on him.

Oh, now I see your logic. He did something really bad a few years ago. In your world that means everyone he encounters from that point on has license to assault him with scalding hot water. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If someone throws beer on a "regular person", is that considered assault?

Yes.  And most likely battery too if the beer actually hits the person.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And if Isaiah Crowell throws a football into the stands?

Different rules at a sporting event.  When you go, you assume the risk of getting hit by a ball, bat, etc.  It is not out of the ordinary to have a ball go into the stands at a game (unless he fired it at someone with the intent of hitting them).  Now if he picked up a chair and threw it into the crowd, that's a different story.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Assault?  I'm not condoning that behavior but assault?

By basically assault, I wasnt really speaking in legal terms (I don't know), but what I do know is that if someone chucked a beer in my face theres a decent chance my immediate reaction would be to respond physically with a shove or punch  

7 hours ago, flgreen said:

The real solution is to not sell alcohol at games.  Bars are responsible for serving drunken people, why not the NFL?  :)

So a few knuckleheads means drop the ban hammer on everyone? Come on, man. 

And I'm sure we have all seen instances of idiots at games. There's a massive majority who can hold their booze though. 

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

There are idiots who root for all teams. At Yankee Stadium a beer bottle thrown from the stands just missed a Red Sox reliever as he was leaving the bullpen during this years playoff series. Imagine if it hit him in the head. Before that series an A's player was doused with beer by another Yankee fan. I'm glad the Pats organization banned their idiot, haven't heard if the Yankees have done the same to their two.

Wasn't an A's player, it was an A's fan, sitting among Yankee fans. He ended up going to a game with the bloke who threw beer over him.  

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

There are idiots who root for all teams. At Yankee Stadium a beer bottle thrown from the stands just missed a Red Sox reliever as he was leaving the bullpen during this years playoff series. Imagine if it hit him in the head. Before that series an A's player was doused with beer by another Yankee fan. I'm glad the Pats organization banned their idiot, haven't heard if the Yankees have done the same to their two.

How did a beer bottle get in the stands since they don't sell beer bottles at stadiums?

Sounds like a security issue at the front gate. But remember people: CLEAR BAGS ONLY!!!

3 hours ago, Jet9 said:

How did a beer bottle get in the stands since they don't sell beer bottles at stadiums?

Sounds like a security issue at the front gate. But remember people: CLEAR BAGS ONLY!!!

You can get bottles at Metlife

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

It's disgraceful that the fan is receiving any punishment at all. What does that idiot expect running into the crowd away from home.

If anyone pulled that sh*t in soccer they'd probably get stabbed. Suing over beer lol. Go dry off you f*cking loser.

Nailed it, what about provocation.

At events with passions running high. It's a bit of beer, millionaire wide receiver diva has hissy fit. Wants to sue 21 year old, get outta town.

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Players need to stay the hell away from fans as well unless it is your home teams fans.

true enough.  some players just want to antagonize the other team's fans.  look what crowell did in the brown's game.  or how many times do we see players "posing" after they've scored a td or made a big play.  i kind of liked gastineau's sack dance and the players should be allowed to celebrate good plays but they shouldn't go out of their way either.  it looked like hill was getting way too close to the patsie end zone.  no excuse for the fan being stupid but there was also no reason for him to get so close to the monkeys.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

I don't care what stadium this happens in, it is completely unacceptable. Definitely need to prosecute this to send a message. Video cameras exist now people. Nothing is anonymous.

Exactly!  Some of us are taking young kids to a game and although its a teaching point to explain that they should never do something like that, it still shouldn't happen.  I've been to games in many different stadiums while traveling for work but those damn Philadelphia fans (doesnt matter what sport) are the most disgusting/despicable/disrespectful fans I have ever run into.  

11 hours ago, nycdan said:

Switch the parameters a bit.  Say you have a son who plays JV football and he scores a big TD and celebrates.  Then a dad from the opposing team runs up to the sideline and throws a beer on him.  It's cool, right?  Just beer.   Or maybe it's your 14-year old daughter playing soccer or lacrosse. 

Does an NFL player have any less right to not have beer thrown on him than a high school player?  Why are we defending the fan who did this? 

Yeah, Hill is a turd.  But next week it could be any other player.  That fan probably wasn't thinking "yeah, it's okay because of Hill's behavior in college but if it was Kelce I'd throw up a high five".  No, he was a dick who doesn't know how to properly express his frustration because the meanies scored a game-tying TD on his beloved cheaters.  We need less of that in all areas of life, not more.    

Lol you’re creating a hypothetical comparison that isn’t reality. Yes, there is a different standard for professional football. It’s entertainment that we pay to watch. I enjoy the wild atmosphere. Get over it.

8 hours ago, CTM said:

By basically assault, I wasnt really speaking in legal terms (I don't know), but what I do know is that if someone chucked a beer in my face theres a decent chance my immediate reaction would be to respond physically with a shove or punch  

I thought you damn hippies were a peaceful people? 

So based on this thread, the Jets should start a tradition.  Everyone that sits around the visiting teams tunnel, needs to be double fisted at kick off and prepared to pour beer all over the opposing team before they get set to come out and warm up.  Because hey man, no big deal, it's just beer and they're wearing pads and they're going to sweat and stuff.  Hell, we should just pour beer all over each other in the stands too because it creates such a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.

Some of you need to get your head a checked.  My god.  What's next?  Let's start pissing in our beer cans and throwing it on the players too? It's just piss.  It's liquid.  They're going to sweat and they have pads on anyway.  It's fun!  Makes for a great environment. 

Society doesnt really shock me with it's stupidity anymore because it's rampant but I'm actually drinking my coffee in a little bit of awe right now.  You want to argue the merits of charging the dude, cool...but defending the fans actions?  Wow, just wow.  

Does nobody remember Ron Artest?  You people are fools.  I'm sorry.  I'm not one to usually insult a group of people....but sometimes its warranted. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

So based on this thread, the Jets should start a tradition.  Everyone that sits around the visiting teams tunnel, needs to be double fisted at kick off and prepared to pour beer all over the opposing team before they get set to come out and warm up.  Because hey man, no big deal, it's just beer and they're wearing pads and they're going to sweat and stuff.  Hell, we should just pour beer all over each other in the stands too because it creates such a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.

Some of you need to get your head a checked.  My god.  What's next?  Let's start pissing in our beer cans and throwing it on the players too? It's just piss.  It's liquid.  They're going to sweat and they have pads on anyway.  It's fun!  Makes for a great environment. 

Society doesnt really shock me with it's stupidity anymore because it's rampant but I'm actually drinking my coffee in a little bit of awe right now.  You want to argue the merits of charging the dude, cool...but defending the fans actions?  Wow, just wow.  

Does nobody remember Ron Artest?  You people are fools.  I'm sorry.  I'm not one to usually insult a group of people....but sometimes its warranted. 

It’s kind of shocking. I actually thought this would be one of those circle-jerk threads where we all decided the fan was obviously wrong and everything associated with the pats is crap anyway, so screw ‘em.

Nycdan is fighting the good fight, but I decided early on to sit this one out, based on how many people actually think defending the fan is the way to go here. 

I hope people can stay civilized during this discussion but defending this guy is a stretch for me. Not sure what environment throwing a beer on someone actually increases the experience. I’ve had a couple beers spilled on me before and to the best of my knowledge I reacted like it was an accident. But having someone throwing a beer in your face and aggressively  at you? Is that to be ignored or laughed off? 

Also the argument the player is a jerk and has it coming is just truly bizarre. Doesn’t matter who the player is, you still don’t have the right to do anything other than not like them, boo them or I guess nowadays rag on them tweeting. 

The poster who said it should of been hot water needs to stay home and watch Disney films or something. You need to seriously think that through because maybe someone doesn’t think that much of you or some you love either. Truly a horrible thing to say. 

Yikes... at this thread. 

44 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I hope people can stay civilized during this discussion but defending this guy is a stretch for me. Not sure what environment throwing a beer on someone actually increases the experience. I’ve had a couple beers spilled on me before and to the best of my knowledge I reacted like it was an accident. But having someone throwing a beer in your face and aggressively  at you? Is that to be ignored or laughed off? 

Also the argument the player is a jerk and has it coming is just truly bizarre. Doesn’t matter who the player is, you still don’t have the right to do anything other than not like them, boo them or I guess nowadays rag on them tweeting. 

The poster who said it should of been hot water needs to stay home and watch Disney films or something. You need to seriously think that through because maybe someone doesn’t think that much of you or some you love either. Truly a horrible thing to say. 

Yikes... at this thread. 

It's unbelievable.  Like I said, I dont get surprised by much but I really didnt see this thread going this direction.  We literally saw a brawl happen on an NBA court because of something like this but people are condoning it?  Could you imagine this becoming a thing?  All around sports, fans are just throwing beer on players because hey man, it's fun!  It's just liquid!  No big deal! 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's unbelievable.  Like I said, I dont get surprised by much but I really didnt see this thread going this direction.  We literally saw a brawl happen on an NBA court because of something like this but people are condoning it?  Could you imagine this becoming a thing?  All around sports, fans are just throwing beer on players because hey man, it's fun!  It's just liquid!  No big deal! 

Or just walking around throwing beer on everyone. Grocery stores, department stores, schools playgrounds, church and even AA meetings.  It’s fun, no big deal. 

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Or just walking around throwing beer on everyone. Grocery stores, department stores, schools playgrounds, church and even AA meetings.  It’s fun, no big deal. 

I'm bringing it to the office.  Good morning boss!  ////splash!!!!

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm bringing it to the office.  Good morning boss!  ////splash!!!!

Actually when you put it like that....

Archived