Speaking of classless...

JustInFudge

https://sports.yahoo.com/tyreek-hill-reportedly-wants-legal-action-taken-patriots-fan-threw-beer-195600257.html

Apparently, the New England Patriots banning the fan who threw beer on Tyreek Hill wasn’t enough for the Kansas City Chiefs receiver.

Via ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Hill and his agent Drew Rosenhaus want legal action to be taken against the fan. Schefter reported that Hill and his agent are discussing their options with the league and NFLPA.

CBS Boston said the fan, a 21-year-old male from Mansfield, Massachusettes, was identified by Foxborough Police and will be charged with disorderly conduct.

Hill and Rosenhaus are focused on the larger issue of player safety.

Tyreek Hill wants fan to be prosecuted

Rosenhaus had a brief comment to Schefter about the situation.

“That type of behavior is unacceptable,” Rosenhaus told Schefter. “Players have to be protected. We want that fan to be prosecuted.”

It is something the NFL doesn’t want to see happen again. The next time something worse than a beer shower could happen, though no fan has the right to throw beer or anything else at a player. The Patriots took the correct measure of banning the fan who threw the beer from the front row. A fan also flipped the middle finger at Hill after his third touchdown. If Hill can find a legal reason to pursue prosecution, it would send a strong message to other fans about what’s not acceptable at football games.

NFL doesn’t want more bad fan behavior

It’s worth pointing out that a bad fan or two doesn’t represent all Patriots fans. But it’s not like there aren’t other stories of NFL fans acting inappropriately at games.

The Patriots said in their statement that the matter was turned over to local law enforcement, and we’ll see if Hill and Rosenhaus continue to push the matter. But, if nothing else, it’s a good moment for the NFL and the union to assess what can be done at stadiums to prevent this type of behavior, before something worse happens.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they should prosecute fans who do that, they need to set an example that this behavior will not be tolerated.  Fans can boo, yell, scream all they want.  Under no circumstances should they hit or throw anything at a player, coach, ref, etc...

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Players need to stay the hell away from fans as well unless it is your home teams fans.

Did Hill taunt the fan?  Because if not, I don't see the problem with this action.  A beer seems harmless enough but what if it's hot coffee, or a something harder than a paper cup?  What if a fan threw something at Anderson and he had to come off the field during actual game time to clean up?  Patriots did all they could, but I don't know that drunk fans will see that as enough of a deterrent.  

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Did Hill taunt the fan?  Because if not, I don't see the problem with this action.  A beer seems harmless enough but what if it's hot coffee, or a something harder than a paper cup?  What if a fan threw something at Anderson and he had to come off the field during actual game time to clean up?  Patriots did all they could, but I don't know that drunk fans will see that as enough of a deterrent.  

Only takes a teaspoon of liquid to drown.

Patriots fan should be given the death penalty. Will make the world immediately a better place.

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You cant be serious. 

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I think they should prosecute fans who do that, they need to set an example that this behavior will not be tolerated.  Fans can boo, yell, scream all they want.  Under no circumstances should they hit or throw anything at a player, coach, ref, etc...

It's basically assault. People are freaken morons

In a vacuum I think criminal charges for throwing beer at a player is excessive but I think within context it's important to create clear rules and boundaries for this sort of thing to deter the behavior. Throw anything at a player? Banned for life and criminally charged. Make sure people know it's unacceptable.

54 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Agreed... same with fights in the stands.  That guy should be prosecuted, and the NFL should be the complaintant not the player.  

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Agreed... same with fights in the stands.  That guy should be prosecuted, and the NFL should be the complaintant not the player.  

And dousing other fans with beer like the Yankee fan did to the A's fan in the wild card game. 

You're responsible for your actions. If Hill was at a bar and this happened, he might have beat the s out of him, and the fan sued. The fan/idiot threw beer on an adult, he knew what he was doing. If he didn't, well, he should have drank less. The less people who are wasted at games acting a fool, the better/safer the environment is for everyone else around the game. 

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

A ban and disorderly conduct charge isn't enough?

He threw 4 onces of beer at a guy with a helmet on

now spitting would be a while different story

but a wee bit of beer?

Cmon man!

If Hill took the fans beer and threw it on him, we would have a lawsuit.. Fans have to stay in check.. 

12 minutes ago, Hofstra Jet said:

If Hill took the fans beer and threw it on him, we would have a lawsuit.. Fans have to stay in check.. 

No you would have a wet fan

in most lawsuits you have to prove that you were harmed

how was hill harmed?

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Players need to stay the hell away from fans as well unless it is your home teams fans.

If you saw the  play, you wouldn't say that. He was running full tilt and it took him past the end zone. He pulled up and started to turn when the fan sprayed beer on him while the rest of those idiots gave him the finger. I'd sue the stupid bastard just for being a stupid bastard. Besides, Hill can use the money.

100% agree that Hill should be protected from that type of behavior - fans have no right to throw anything at the players, (hey pats* fans) throw beer on the band at a rock concert and watch what happens 

my only concern with legal charges is we are talking about a 21 year with bad taste who made an incredibly stupid decision - a criminal record could impact his life - guess he is old enough to have kids and fight in a war but that would suck

3 hours ago, JiF said:

You cant be serious. 

Completely am.  Buying a ticket to a game does not give you the right to throw anything at players.  Anything.  Remember a few years back when fans were throwing bottles and batteries at outfields and pitchers in the bullpens?   Either you nip it in the bud, or you invite people to see how close they can get to the 'line'.  I'd rather not have a line.  Fan-on-Player, Fan-on-Fan, Player-on-Fan violence should be shut down hard and with extreme prejudice IMO.  

Archived