Snacks Harrison to the Lions

sec101row23

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

This is the smart thing to do. It's also something the Jets have never had the courage to do at anytime in their history--shift to a rebuilding strategy mid-season--which is one of the reason's why the team went decades without a franchise quarterback.

I dont know if most teams would do this anyway. I think this is a recent phenomena.

The Giants are doing what they should have done last year. The bad news is that there's no light at the end of the tunnel at QB whether it be in draft or free agency for them. The quarterbacks this season aren't even in the same stratosphere and Herbert is likely to head back to school.

So they will spin this wheel forever until they find one.... see: our Jets

P.S. Thanks again for Darnold

Morons!!!  Their arrogant management finally opened their eyes and noticed that their 
team is a train wreck???  They've wasted two years and passed up on a much stronger QB
class.  They have plenty of pain still coming their way and they're in for a rude
awakening if they think it's so easy to find a QB

19 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

5th seems about right , but it’s crazy how big names go for such low picks in the NFL

It's age and salary. Dude's making close to $10M this year and is owed another $16M over the next two. That's gonna drop the price for a 30-year-old player. 

Already brought up in this thread but the Giants are doing what the Jets should've done two years ago.  The fact that we let Decker, Marshall, Forte, etc...walk and got nothing back was criminal.  The whole idea of trying to salvage the 2015 season and basically bring that whole team back was just a huge mistake.  With that being said, the Giants are now trying to clean up the fact that they made a huge mistake not drafting a QB and ultimately we'll see how this pans out for them.  Too bad the Giants would never trade with us, I'd love to poach a couple of guys off that roster like Sterling Sheppard.

What the NYG have done the past two years is "team malpractice" and they should be destroyed
for it not applauded:

- They hired an awful HC who couldn't last two years

- They benched their 37 year old QB (rightfully so) then screwed it up by listening to the
"whining" of their fans and put him back in.  Never seeing if Davis Webb was anything

- They refused to believe that 2017 was a true indication of the team they had

- They believed an end of season meaningless game against PHI was proof Manning "still had it"

- They believed Flowers was a starting OT

- They made Solder (an average LT) the highest paid OT in the league

- They passed on a very good QB class and drafted a RB

- They loaded up on over the hill free agents like Johnathan Stewart and Connor Barwin

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

His base is $12MM this season, plus he is due over $15MM each of the next two seasons.

Ewww...that's a lot.  He's pretty freaking good though.  Not sure it's worth it though, especially with a deep draft class at pass rusher. 

12 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

Already brought up in this thread but the Giants are doing what the Jets should've done two years ago.  The fact that we let Decker, Marshall, Forte, etc...walk and got nothing back was criminal.  The whole idea of trying to salvage the 2015 season and basically bring that whole team back was just a huge mistake.  With that being said, the Giants are now trying to clean up the fact that they made a huge mistake not drafting a QB and ultimately we'll see how this pans out for them.  Too bad the Giants would never trade with us, I'd love to poach a couple of guys off that roster like Sterling Sheppard.

Um you do realize that Decker, Marhsall and Forte all couldnt play and had no value in the league and Snacks has a ton of value?

Personally I think a 5th round pick is low.  Snacks has 2 years on his contract $6.75 in 2019 and $9 million in 2020 and the 2020 number only has $1.6 of dead money.  The guy is 29 and PFF has him as the #4 run defender.  This was a steal for the Lions and if I was a HC that needed defensive help Id be unhappy with my GM for not pushing the envelope here.

Vernon has a $19 million cap number each of the next 2 years but in 2020 there is only $4 million of dead money.  The bigger issue with him is production as he had 5.5 sacks last season and isnt necessarily an elite player at this point.

11 minutes ago, KRL said:

What the NYG have done the past two years is "team malpractice" and they should be destroyed
for it not applauded:

- They hired an awful HC who couldn't last two years

- They benched their 37 year old QB (rightfully so) then screwed it up by listening to the
"whining" of their fans and put him back in.  Never seeing if Davis Webb was anything

- They refused to believe that 2017 was a true indication of the team they had

- They believed an end of season meaningless game against PHI was proof Manning "still had it"

- They believed Flowers was a starting OT

- They made Solder (an average LT) the highest paid OT in the league

- They passed on a very good QB class and drafted a RB

- They loaded up on over the hill free agents like Johnathan Stewart and Connor Barwin

This past offseason was criminal. Just about every move, from giving odell and solder huge contracts to passing on Darnold were just awful. But at least they are finally doing things right. 

The big question is whether they can unload Odell because I can't see him being able to function through a rebuild. This is not going to be fixed overnight. 

11 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Um you do realize that Decker, Marhsall and Forte all couldnt play and had no value in the league and Snacks has a ton of value?

Personally I think a 5th round pick is low.  Snacks has 2 years on his contract $6.75 in 2019 and $9 million in 2020 and the 2020 number only has $1.6 of dead money.  The guy is 29 and PFF has him as the #4 run defender.  This was a steal for the Lions and if I was a HC that needed defensive help Id be unhappy with my GM for not pushing the envelope here.

Vernon has a $19 million cap number each of the next 2 years but in 2020 there is only $4 million of dead money.  The bigger issue with him is production as he had 5.5 sacks last season and isnt necessarily an elite player at this point.

I'm not saying we would've gotten first rd. picks back for them but even getting 5th-6th rd picks to move them to a contending team you would think would've been a possibility,  I think it came down to the fact that we just didn't want to admit who we were.

Archived