Reggie Mckenzie

CotcheryifyouCan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CotcheryifyouCan said:

Just got canned in Oakland. Anyone have interest in him if we fire Macc. I am not saying we should but hes an interesting candidate  if we are looking for a gm. personally i like the idea of promoting heimeridinger

I'd be very interested. Reggie rebuilt that organization, they were a mess when he got there and they had very limited draft capital initially and in cap hell. Not his fault Mark pulled an Al and gave Gruden full control, tore down a great foundation of players. 

3 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

I'd be very interested. Reggie rebuilt that organization, they were a mess when he got there and they had very limited draft capital initially and in cap hell. Not his fault Mark pulled an Al and gave Gruden full control, tore down a great foundation of players. 

Agree. Find a spot for him in the FO. Not sure what CJ and Woody are going to do with Mac, but either way he can and I would think should be added. 

But we are the JETS so we won't.

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Agree. Find a spot for him in the FO. Not sure what CJ and Woody are going to do with Mac, but either way he can and I would think should be added. 

But we are the JETS so we won't.

I'm not sure he'd take a demotion, I think with his resume, he'd get interviews for open GM positions. If he was willing to take another FO position give him VP of player personnel.

Sure I'd be interested in McKenzie. He did a good job with the Raiders and they keep Grudin over him even though with Grudin the team is worse. They don't know what they're doing. First they should have stayed in the Bay area. This will be the second time they left a great fan base. They could have either shared Levi Stadium with the 49ers or entered a joint deal with the A's who are going to build a new stadium in downtown Oakland. Would I take McKenzie over Macc. Yeah, I would he has a much better record than Macc does. He should get a job as a GM but if he doesn't Macc should hire him as Asst. GM. I doubt Macc would do it though. Too much insecurity for his own position. You don't hire a guy you know is better than you are at your job.

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I wonder how many GM openings there will be this offseason. We may be a good possibility since it won’t be as competitive as the coaching search. 

Be interesting to find out how McCarthy got along with McKenzie in GB, and vice versa. If it was a good relationship, we could kill two birds with one stone. Would our idiot owner even think about something like this?

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I wonder how many GM openings there will be this offseason. We may be a good possibility since it won’t be as competitive as the coaching search. 

The interesting thing is while Maccagnan came from Casserly's side.. McKenzie came from Wolf's side with GB. 

IF woody wants to listen to Ron Wolf again

21 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Sure I'd be interested in McKenzie. He did a good job with the Raiders and they keep Grudin over him even though with Grudin the team is worse. They don't know what they're doing. First they should have stayed in the Bay area. This will be the second time they left a great fan base. They could have either shared Levi Stadium with the 49ers or entered a joint deal with the A's who are going to build a new stadium in downtown Oakland. Would I take McKenzie over Macc. Yeah, I would he has a much better record than Macc does. He should get a job as a GM but if he doesn't Macc should hire him as Asst. GM. I doubt Macc would do it though. Too much insecurity for his own position. You don't hire a guy you know is better than you are at your job.

I have recommended exactly this and it worked out very well for our team and myself. If you're so worried about your own position above the team you probably aren't very good at it. You should always want to add the best people to help your team if it's reasonably possible. You can always learn from other people and there's always someone smarter & better than you at what you do.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The interesting thing is while Maccagnan came from Casserly's side.. McKenzie came from Wolf's side with GB. 

IF woody wants to listen to Ron Wolf again

Who knows, maybe Wolf was pushing McKenzie and Woody picked Mac. What I'm saying is if Woody totally cleans house, hire McKenzie and tell him to go get McCarthy. We could, and probably will, do much, much worse.

I think they should bring in Reggie & have him work with Heimerdinger & keep Macc & his scouts and still have Macc in some compacity. But, at least a heirachy would be established.

This dude is really well liked, has done really well in evaluation & knows his football! Could you imagine having Reggie McKensie here, hiring Toub, keeping our special teams coach & having these guys working together to put together the remainder of the coaching staff. Shwing!

Highlights from WIKI.

McKenzie was valedictorian of his 1981 graduating class

McKenzie was employed by the Green Bay Packers from 1994 to 2012. He began as a scout, and gradually rose through the ranks to become the Packers' director of player personnel and eventually the team's director of football operations, while reporting to general managers Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson.[8]

McKenzie promptly fired head coach Hue Jackson

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I have recommended exactly this and it worked out very well for our team and myself. If you're so worried about your own position above the team you probably aren't very good at it. You should always want to add the best people to help your team if it's reasonably possible. You can always learn from other people and there's always someone smarter & better than you at what you do.

You would hope so but it's not reality. Maybe Macc is above this and hires the best people. I think McKenzie will land a GM job. You know Oakland won't fire Grudin because they still owe him 90 mil. 

I'd rather throw a blank check at Ozzie Newsome.  I don't believe he's retiring I think the Ravens are forcing him out b/c they know they can't hold on to DeCosta much longer.  McKenzie wouldn't be a bad second choice though.  Bring in an experienced GM and HC duo, no more time to learn on the job.

He has a scouting roots and a Green Bay pedigree. He also built up the Raiders from ruins and produced a LEGIT 12-4 NFL team under his stead. 

If the Jets hired Ron Graves as assistant GM after what he did in ARZ to work/assist Idzik, then there's NO REASON for the Jets NOT to bring in this vetted and experienced former GM who can AT LEAST be another voice in the war room. 

Bring in McKenzie as a FO staffer and to be the looming noose to remind Mac he's on thin ice and there IS a staff member who can serve as an interim unlike in the coaching staff. 

10 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I'd rather throw a blank check at Ozzie Newsome.  I don't believe he's retiring I think the Ravens are forcing him out b/c they know they can't hold on to DeCosta much longer.  McKenzie wouldn't be a bad second choice though.  Bring in an experienced GM and HC duo, no more time to learn on the job.

He’s definitely retiring.

Would be nice to capitalize on a power hungry irrational decision(by Oakland/making Gruden in power of everything) and get us on the right path.

I’m on record as liking Toub but if we go the experienced HC route, which is reasonable, I’d go McCarthy.

good thing is

He has a connection with McCarthy in GB. You, potentially, kill two birds with one stone. I’m a little weary of McCarty like some are but in reality we have went rookie HC since Parcells left — hasn’t really been kind to us besides two years of Rex. 

McCarthy developed Rodgers and along with a SB ring, has been in the playoffs most years, has a well above average Win % and I truly can’t see how you can leave the opportunity to sign him on the table for another team.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I do if I want to be great and win I do. 

This is a really interesting development.  I was about 90% sure Macc was coming back, nobody jumped out at me as a good replacement.  McKenzie checks all the boxes IMO.

If I'm Woody I get on the phone with him today, just to see what his intentions were, he might want to sit out a year and re-charge.  Things were probably tough on him with the Raiders this year.

If he's anxious to get back , I'd offer him the director of football operations title.  Let him make the call on Macc.

This could be a legitimate opportunity to get the Jets heading in the right direction.  I'm in on McKenzie.

2 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

Just got canned in Oakland. Anyone have interest in him if we fire Macc. I am not saying we should but hes an interesting candidate  if we are looking for a gm. personally i like the idea of promoting heimeridinger

No thank you--and as for Humdinger, he IS part of this front office, so he must bear some responsibility---no?

5 minutes ago, jack48 said:

No thank you--and as for Humdinger, he IS part of this front office, so he must bear some responsibility---no?

yea, but from all reports heimendinger is well respected and one of the reasons we got sam.  as for mckenzie, why no? im not campaigning for him, but curious why you are quick to dismiss? he has a pretty valid track record

Archived