Jets 2019 opponents Home/away set

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Wow. So should I go to the Redskins game in Maryland or the Baltimore game in Maryland. Maybe both? Anyone have any experience at either. 

Ravens fans tend to be enthusiastic but not complete a**holes - if you return the favor by being civil. It's a nice stadium, right off the interstate but also downtown. Easy access, reasonably edible food/beer. But I'd try to go for food before or after somewhere near the waterfront or Little Italy. You can park ahead of time for food in one of the close by waterfront lots, and then walk to the stadium. There's even tram access right in front of the stadium (shares the grounds with Camden Yards,) from other points if you want to avoid traffic downtown altogether, but I don't know details on that. I had good experiences even in the upper bowl attending with a couple of Ravens season ticket holders I know.

The Foreskins: stadium access and parking sucks monkey d**k. Out in the middle of nowhere. No public transit access - on purpose, so Snyderbas**rd can rip you off for parking.  Once of the worst large venue experiences - and I go back to Shea Stadium - just as shabby, only bigger. Terrible, pricey food and beverages. One plus is that the stadium will probably be half full of Jet fans, as the home team has alienated fans about as much as humanly possible, and opposition fans show up en mass. Some of the home fans are rooting for Snyder to move the team to LA once all those teams vacate, and then they'll hope the league grants them an expansion team in a few years. I kid you not. I used to live in DC, and my old friends down there and the local press are all over it.

8 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Wow. So should I go to the Redskins game in Maryland or the Baltimore game in Maryland. Maybe both? Anyone have any experience at either. 

I have been to both, even doing TailgateJoe parties at each. I have actually been to Baltimore 2-3 times for games. If you have a choice, do Baltimore. The stadium is right in the city, it’s a nice stadium, Baltimore has some good restaurants and there is nightlife close by near the harbor. Hotels are not as expensive either. Just make sure you stay in a good area. 

Washington is in the middle of nowhere, and the stadium truly sucks. Way too many obstructed view seats, and I’m not just talking about the columns and poles, there are actual roofs that are too sloped, cutting field views. Total sh*tshow of a stadium.

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Our editor Glenn Naughton lives over there now. He retired from the Air Force and moved over there. He runs the content side of things for JetNation.

If the Jets are definitely over there we plan on setting some things up. I really hope to be able to make this trip myself.

Good love a meet up.

On 12/31/2018 at 11:19 AM, playtowinthegame said:

Last time we played the NFC East and NFC North we won 10 games in Todd Bowles first season as head coach in 2015. The NFC East is pretty much garbage, but the AFC North will be tough next year. We get Baker Mayfield vs Sam Darnold II at MetLife. I bet that is a Sunday Night game in week one.

The NFL is not putting two losing teams on Sunday night in week 1.  Sorry.

10 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Except the stadium will be half filled with opponents' fans for non-division home games - NYG, Dallas, Pitt and Oakland.  

It will be fun seiing their faces when their teams lose to the "lowly" Jets.

Seriously, I recall sitting in a stadium filled with Steelers fans late in 2007 and the Jets kicked the sh!t out of them beating them in OT.  Nothing more pleasing than to see all of them leave so miserably in the freezing rain. 

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

It will be fun seiing their faces when their teams lose to the "lowly" Jets.

Seriously, I recall sitting in a stadium filled with Steelers fans late in 2007 and the Jets kicked the sh!t out of them beating them in OT.  Nothing more pleasing than to see all of them leave so miserably in the freezing rain. 

I remember that game very well.  Was a lousy season for us and filled with Steelers fans.  

Same thing happened again in 2014 with Vick as our QB. 

I am so looking forward to this home slate.  This is the  best lineup I can remember in a long, long, long time.  They will stick the Giants game late in the season, December no doubt.  Sam will get the spotlight for sure. 

On 12/31/2018 at 9:14 AM, Jetlife33 said:

Happy to see we’re home vs Oakland, Pittsburgh and Dallas. Ravens in Baltimore are always tough. Jets have never beaten the eagles. Not a bad schedule though. What qb’s scare you outside of Brady and wentz if healthy?

Not sure who will run our D next year but after seeing Tannehill torch a Todd Bowles defense with his legs this past year I'm sure glad we'll be facing Lamar Jackson in a post-Bowles world.

On 12/31/2018 at 3:23 PM, joebabyny said:

I have been pretty excited about this schedule for a while! This is my 10th anniversary season for TailgateJoe, 2009-2019, so we are planning on doing some road games. Interestingly, in the course of doing TGJ, I have actually done road game parties at each of those stadiums at least once already. I will figure out how many of those games we will travel to once the actual schedule comes out.

I was at your tailgate in Philly several years ago when Sanchez imploded.  Great tailgate, bad game and one helluva story about seeing Brian Baldinger at a strip club after the game. lol

11 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I was at your tailgate in Philly several years ago when Sanchez imploded.  Great tailgate, bad game and one helluva story about seeing Brian Baldinger at a strip club after the game. lol

Sanchez imploded?  it wasn't Holmes fumbe returned for a TD on the first possession or the D allowing 38 more points. It was Mark Sanchez that imploded.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Sanchez imploded?  it wasn't Holmes fumbe returned for a TD on the first possession or the D allowing 38 more points. It was Mark Sanchez that imploded.

Mother of ButtFumbles!

WTF is wrong with you?  This thread is about the Jets 2019 home and away slates.  Do your Sanchez ball licking somewhere else please.  

43 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Mother of ButtFumbles!

WTF is wrong with you?  This thread is about the Jets 2019 home and away slates.  Do your Sanchez ball licking somewhere else please.  

When I see stupid comments I will correct people.  

I'd prefer we keep this pinned thread to a simple discussion of our 2019 opponents, schedule, and going to the games home and away.  Wouldn't that be fun?  Isn't that why people will look at this pinned thread?  You clearly tried to derail the thread based on your unnatural man-love for Sanchez.  Why ruin this thread?  It is delusional to think that you are ever going to change anyone's mind about Sanchez.  Let it go or take it somewhere else dude.  Sick of derailed threads.  Stay on course please.  Thank you.

Which opponent do you think will be our home opener?

One of the division rivals or  one of the juicy matchups like Jets-Giants or Darnold-Mayfield?

If the Jets land Lev Bell, how about a home opener vs the Steelers!?

Can't wait.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

One of the division rivals or  one of the juicy matchups like Jets-Giants or Darnold-Mayfield?

Can't wait.

I'd bet money that the Jets and Browns are the early MNF game Week 1.  

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

Can't wait.

Week 1 MNF Jets Browns is my prediction.  

I also think we play the Giants on a Thursday night.  It seems like we get a home TNF game every other year.  

7 hours ago, JETSY said:

Does this mean a possible road trip to Vegas in 20 or 21  vs Raiders since we have them home at home this year???

We are scheduled to play the raiders at home in 2020.  If we finish with the same record that season we will play at Vegas in 2021.  The next scheduled road game should be in 2023 unless they change scheduling formula by then

Archived