Colin Cowherd video "Adam Gase to the Jets is a really good hire"

Jetsbb

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

hell ya baby

You had to enjoy the below at least, it's basically a statement of the fine work you've been doing here for years.

"And jets fans are clueless, I mean they're dopes. They don't know anything"

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

You had to enjoy the below at least, it's basically a statement of the fine work you've been doing here for years.

It's on signs all over the Jets complex at Florham Park.

Cowherd is correct. Jets don’t need some youngster that has to learn how to be a head coach. Also Gase is the smartest guy in the room and a smart guy isn’t gonna listen to other people’s crap when he thinks and knows he’s smarter. Sure he’s arrogant and that’s for a reason. A smart guy is logical and if he’s being arrogant it’s for a reason. Belicheck is an arrogant a$$hole. Gase is a good hire. 

2 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Cowherd is correct. Jets don’t need some youngster that has to learn how to be a head coach. Also Gase is the smartest guy in the room and a smart guy isn’t gonna listen to other people’s crap when he thinks and knows he’s smarter. Sure he’s arrogant and that’s for a reason. A smart guy is logical and if he’s being arrogant it’s for a reason. Belicheck is an arrogant a$$hole. Gase is a good hire. 

Right...so WHY IN THE WORLD WERE WE ABOUT TO HIRE MATT RHULE!?!?!??!!??!

This is my point: What are the Jets doing?!??!?!

They're lost. Lost.

36 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

TRUTH and FACTS > “Not a sexy hire”

And no Gase isn’t perfect and wasn’t my top choice. But if we land a good DC, I think this will be a great hire.

I hear if Vance Joseph doesn't get the Bengals job he's his 1st choice.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wasn’t he the one to send them out though?

Yeah and they got rid of both for pretty good reason.

Ajayi had knee issues....had a good run at the end of last year and then went down with a knee injury and missed 12 games this year. The combo of Gore/Drake/Ballage had 1700 yards rushing. My bigger problem with Gase was his use of Drake, or lack thereof. But the running didn't suffer without Ajayi who is nothing more than a glorified Crowell with a bad knee. 

Landry averaged about 100 catches and 1000 yards with the Fish and wanted a mega deal (5yrs for 75 million). He put up 80/980 with 4 receiving TDs on the Browns. Landry  is a very good possession/slot WR but giving out 15 million a year for that is a little questionable especially if there were injury issues. 

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wasn’t he the one to send them out though?

Landry was the OBJ/ Terrel Owens/ Santonio Holmes of the Dolphins. 

He was becoming an UFA and did not get along with HC. Dolphins received a 4th and 7th round pick in exchange.

CONTRACT TERMS:5 yr(s) / $75,500,000 SIGNING BONUS$7,500,000 AVERAGE SALARY$15,100,000 GTD AT SIGN:$34,000,000 TOTAL GTD:$47,000,000 FREE AGENT:2023 / UFA

Ajaya had health issues coming into the draft and only played in 9 games. By 2017 his stats were dropping quickly. Miami moved him for a 4th rd. pick and he only played 4 games this year before tearing his ACL.

Both good moves IMO

23 minutes ago, CTM said:

That was my favorite line in the video.

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Ajayi had knee issues....had a good run at the end of last year and then went down with a knee injury and missed 12 games this year. The combo of Gore/Drake/Ballage had 1700 yards rushing. My bigger problem with Gase was his use of Drake, or lack thereof. But the running didn't suffer without Ajayi who is nothing more than a glorified Crowell with a bad knee. 

Landry averaged about 100 catches and 1000 yards with the Fish and wanted a mega deal (5yrs for 75 million). He put up 80/980 with 4 receiving TDs on the Browns. Landry  is a very good possession/slot WR but giving out 15 million a year for that is a little questionable especially if there were injury issues. 

You beat me to it. How can you complain about these trades. The Jets are always the team that holds on to players tooooo long or extends them with big paydays and they FLOP!!!

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

+1. It was mind boggling...and frustrating (from a FF perspective)

17 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I hear if Vance Joseph doesn't get the Bengals job he's his 1st choice.

Who did you hear this from? I hear shouldn’t be allowed on messages boards, kind of like cursing.

I hope it’s Williams therefore it won’t be Williams.

41 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Going into the whole hiring process that was my primary view: having a rookie HC would be extremely detrimental to Darnold's development.  Plus, they needed an offensive coach to development.

That's why McCarthy was my top choice.  Gase was there as well.  I didn't want any of the college because hiring them violated one of these two principles.

CC is a douche, but he's right on this point. He's always been high on Darnold and this HC hire has to be about what is best for Darnold.

3 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

Who did you hear this from? I hear shouldn’t be allowed on messages boards, kind of like cursing.

I hope it’s Williams therefore it won’t be Williams.

A former head coach could be joining Gase's staff in Florham Park. Ex-Broncos coach Vance Joseph may join Gase's staff as defensive coordinator if he is not hired as the Cincinnati Bengals' next head coach, Rapoport reported. Joseph was Gase's DC in Miami in 2016 before he was hired in Denver....

not too difficult to find... next time give a try.

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

A former head coach could be joining Gase's staff in Florham Park. Ex-Broncos coach Vance Joseph may join Gase's staff as defensive coordinator if he is not hired as the Cincinnati Bengals' next head coach, Rapoport reported. Joseph was Gase's DC in Miami in 2016 before he was hired in Denver....

not too difficult to find... next time give a try.

That had already been posted here. I thought you had a original source not just posting retreads.

give it a try ?

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Any time Cowherd has spoken, historically, he's proven to be wrong roughly 99.9 % of the time.

If he told me it's sunny out, I'd need to check with at least 3 other sources to believe he's correct.

Is Cowherd's statement the 00.1%: "And jets fans are clueless, I mean they're dopes. They don't know anything"

Archived