A Couple of New Coaches (DL and LB)

Gen X Jet

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Is he? I have no idea who either of them are. Give me something to chew on.

Bush has over 30 years of experience in the league, spent time as a coordinator in Houston, has coached LB’s/DB’s/ST, was a personal favorite of Mike Shanahan’s, was an assistant HC under Dennis Green and Adam Gase, etc.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well Dolphins fans are laughing at us. Calling those two coaches bums.

They’re Dolphins fans

Who expects them to give the Jets credit for a solid hire?

These are the same dummies who trashed Gase going to the Jets but are now defending the decision to hire Brian f*cking Flores as HC.

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Was it a formal announcement or a writer’s expectations?

He has some legit credentials and since the Jets have been very tight lipped it's strange that this has come out. We'll find out soon enough.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Oh. Well if a couple guys on a Miami fan board don't like them, let's forget these two guys, LOL... I mean this is crazy. One guy puts out a tweet, nothing concrete yet, and two fan bases are all worked up.

BTW these two have been around for quite a while. I'm sure they're solid. 

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

They’re Dolphins fans

These are the same dummies who trashed Gase going to the Jets but are now defending the decision to hire Brian f*cking Flores as HC.

My cousin who is a lifelong Fins fan from the early 70's thought we had a good hire in Gase. People need to stop reading the comments section of PFT.  

44 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Didn’t bush work with Williams before? This is a good sign actually.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think they've both worked with Williams before. And didn't the Jets secondary coach work under Williams with the Rams?

Correction: bush has worked for Williams before the other guy played for Tennessee the year after Williams left to coach the bills. But he is a well known and respected D line coach.

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

My cousin who is a lifelong Fins fan from the early 70's thought we had a good hire in Gase. People need to stop reading the comments section of PFT.  

And Twitter

Jesus Christ 

That goof vin over at the Hampur is actually trying to quote anonymous twitter posters in the comment section as legit sources.

There isn’t a bigger breeding ground for mouthbreathing f*ckheads than the Twitter comments section.

Less than two weeks ago 80% of Jets twitter wanted Matt Campbell as the HC.

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Oh. Well if a couple guys on a Miami fan board don't like them, let's forget these two guys, LOL... I mean this is crazy. One guy puts out a tweet, nothing concrete yet, and two fan bases are all worked up.

BTW these two have been around for quite a while. I'm sure they're solid. 

Yeah...I was just saying man.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

And Twitter

Jesus Christ 

That goof vin over at the Hampur is actually trying to quote anonymous twitter posters in the comment section as legit sources.

There isn’t a bigger breeding ground for mouthbreathing f*ckheads than the Twitter comments section.

It's sad but one of the reasons I left. Most posts are "Who Had?" followed by rihsb. 

19 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

They’re Dolphins fans

OMG this place is on overload with irony. You do realize that Jet fans just...nevermind 

28 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I can see that, when bowles named kacy his dc some people here were lauding how great a job he did when he was the dl line coach with the fins.

Nothing against either hire per se, but as others have pointed out, it's certainly peculiar to be hiring defensive position coaches before you even have a DC.

I also don't really love the idea of how much of this coaching staff is coming together as a copy of a group of guys who have all already failed together.

Archived