CB Poole to the Jets

Team archer

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poole signed with the Falcons as an undrafted free agent in 2016, after playing football for the Gators under Will Muschamp. During his NFL career, he has 198 total tackles, five sacks, 20 pass break-ups and four picks. Basically plays nickel and slot corner, so probably a replacement for Skrine.

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Scrappy little f*cker at the nickel that I bet Gregg Williams fell in love with. 

Similar coaching tree I believe, Seattle teaches a similar technique to one used by Greg so there will be some technique and scheme similarity making it a good fit 

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We're drafting a CB no later then the 3rd round guys.

No they aren't... 1st is pass rusher, then wr, then c... Maybe c and wr are flipped but there is no way they are drafting one before the 4th at best

Poole PFF = 61.7 vs. Skrine 57.3 so pretty similar rankings.  One thing Macc probably factored was Poole = 1 yr deal vs. Skrine signing for 3 yr deal with Bears (assuming they think they have something in Nickerson)...

FWIW Claiborne PFF = 62.7 vs. Daryl Roberts 68.9 vs. Tru Johnson 74.9 

He should be competing with Nickerson for that nickel spot.

The Cornerback position is in an odd state in general. We've got the highly paid and underwhelming Trumaine Johnson, and then Poole, Roberts and a lot of young experiments on rookie contracts like Rashard Robinson and Derrick Jones.

I don't know if I'm okay with the idea of going to war with that set, but I might feel better about the idea with some killer pass rushers coming off the edge. Like if they added Houston and Bosa and I'm good with going cheap with this spot.

Archived