Seattle Listening To Offers for Frank Clark

SR24

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MindOverMatter said:

Not sure what it would take to get this guy but I would explore every possibility. Darron Lee + a 3rd this year? Not sure if that's enough but Clark has proven to be a effective pass rusher. He jumped close to 40 inches in the vertical at the combine.

Says in the article they're looking for the offer to start with a 2nd. I'd offer next years 2 and then a 4th and see what they say. Highly doubt we'll be able to match that production with a 2nd round pick anyway. Also greatly increases our flexibility with the #3 pick. Could look at Juwan, stay the course and pair Clark with Oliver/Quinnen/Allen or trade down given the fact we added an elite edge rusher already.

3 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Says in the article they're looking for the offer to start with a 2nd. I'd offer next years 2 and then a 4th and see what they say. Highly doubt we'll be able to match that production with a 2nd round pick anyway. Also greatly increases our flexibility with the #3 pick 

That works for me. We haven't had a player like Clark since Abe. Jets haven't exactly made much use of their 2nd round picks anyway.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

3rd rounder + Darron Lee. 

Take or leave it. He’s not reporting to training camp without a deal. They better get what they can.

this is the new MO for players on the franchise tag.

I feel like the trade for Clark is contingent on signing him to a new deal. Now is the time to do it with Darnold on his rookie deal. I’d be more than ok with paying big money to Mosley, bell, KO, and Clark while we can afford it.

47 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Not sure what it would take to get this guy but I would explore every possibility. Darron Lee + a 3rd this year? Not sure if that's enough but Clark has proven to be a effective pass rusher. He jumped close to 40 inches in the vertical at the combine.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

3rd rounder + Darron Lee. 

Take or leave it. He’s not reporting to training camp without a deal. They better get what they can.

this is the new MO for players on the franchise tag.

Why would Seattle want Darron Lee?

51 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

dude we need that 3rd rounder for a center.

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

dude we need that 3rd rounder for a center.

If I can get a 10 sack a year edge rusher in his prime for a 3rd rounder I’m taking that all day

They don't have a second round pick.  BUT...

What if you They offer Frank Clark, their 1st (21), and their 3rd pick (84), for our number 3? 

They could then take that number three and replace Clark with Bosa or Allen, or they could trade down and recoup the 2nd and 3rd pick?

That puts us in the mix for guys like Andre Dillard or Greg Little.  Might put us in place for Greedy Williams.  Better yet, I would bet Garrett Bradbury would be in play.

How good would Frank Clark, Garrett Bradbury, and 3 3rd rounds pick look?

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

The article says he has history of domestic violence, hasn't it been wildly reported that Mac / Yets won't sign guys with this history?

Pretty sure that’s from back in college.

Enunwa had a domestic incident in college and it didn’t prevent Macc from giving him a $9 million a year extension.

Just now, CTM said:

The article says he has history of domestic violence, hasn't it been wildly reported that Mac / Yets won't sign guys with this history?

Seems like he's turned it around since becoming a pro + Mac needs to add talent and add it quickly. The way I see it is our 3 top needs that are keeping us from becoming real contenders are Edge,OL and CB. If we can solidify one of these units before the draft we absolutely have to. Adding Clark accompanied by a trade down (hopefully NYG 6,17) this roster could be completely revamped. Clark +Juwan Taylor at #6 and Greedy Williams at 17,+ Jalen Hurd and another OL in the 3rd round? sign me up. 

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

How good would Frank Clark, Garrett Bradbury, a 2nd round pick, and 3 3rd rounds pick look?

That would give us an opportunity to overhaul the o line and add a proven pass rusher. 

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

They don't have a second round pick.  BUT...

What if you They offer Frank Clark, their 1st (21), and their 3rd pick (84), for our number 3? 

They could then take that number three and replace Clark with Bosa or Allen, or they could trade down and recoup the 2nd and 3rd pick?

That puts us in the mix for guys like Andre Dillard or Greg Little.  Might put us in place for Greedy Williams.  Better yet, I would bet Garrett Bradbury would be in play.

How good would Frank Clark, Garrett Bradbury, and 3 3rd rounds pick look?

Just remember though don't we also have to pay Clark? #3 plus that contract is a ton to give away even though the return is nice 

12 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Just remember though don't we also have to pay Clark? #3 plus that contract is a ton to give away even though the return is nice 

Now is the time to pay the big time non-qb players. It’s a proven model (eagles, rams, Seahawks). Once Darnold is on contract #2 we won’t be able to afford to splurge like this

Just now, J_Smith said:

Now is the time to pay the big time non-qb players. It’s a proven model (eagles, rams, Seahawks). Once Darnold is on contract #2 we won’t be able to afford to splurge like this

While I agree this is the time for the big splashes I'd still rather hold on to #3. I think we can land him without #3

If we assume Clark is worth a second, Seattle would have to offer a TON to get to 3, something like Clark their first, third and next years first and second. I would do that in a flash. I would start with something like next years second and fourth and this years fourth for Clark and Seattles 3rd.

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

I think everyone is proposing a 3rd + Lee for Clark. #3 is not in the discussion.

I was responding to post #25. Idt a 3rd+Lee gets it done I wish it would lol

Archived