Live vs TV

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

do u like to have sex with your wife in ur house or would you prefer to drive deep into New Jersey and watch 60,000 of the worst extant people from Long Island and Staten Island have sex with her while you eat a twelve dollar pretzel. This is a metaphor 

@T0mShane

Did you forget something today? 

Image result for weekly medicine holder

Live is always better, having said that I have become so annoyed with people the last few years it is a close call.  I gave up my CFL season tickets a few years back because there was more phone looking morons and beer getting twits than real fans.

I also became a curmudgeon so that may be a factor.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve had Ranger and Jet season tickets.

Enjoyed both for years. However the combination of my getting older, the need for teams to make attending a game an “experience” where you are bombarded with either music or artificial noise during every stoppage of play, and the travel back and forth soured me on attending games.

Once I began working mostly at home instead of in Manhattan, the desire to keep the hockey tickets began to wane. The atmosphere at the Garden also changed. I moved down from the blues to the red seats which exaggerated that, but the whole arena became more corporate in feel.

As for the Jets, it simply became a grind to attend the games. The commute from Eastern L.I. was no fun. I remember setting up my “man cave” with a big screen tv as the beginning of the end. Every game I attended the last year or two I had the seats I questioned what the heck I was doing it for. Then I got hooked on golf. Early tee times on Saturday and Sundays, became the norm late thru November, and when I bought a place in Myrtle Beach, that was that.

I can honestly say I have no desire to attend a game, even when I’m up north as I am now. I’ve turned down free tickets to 3 Mets games already this season. I’ve gone from someone who attended between 50 to 100 live games a year to having no desire to attend one.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

do u like to have sex with your wife in ur house or would you prefer to drive deep into New Jersey and watch 60,000 of the worst extant people from Long Island and Staten Island have sex with her while you eat a twelve dollar pretzel. This is a metaphor 

Is it?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think someone sold you and the Mrs a ticket to a different game. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Let's be honest, it can often become a situation of hindsight, as there is a direct correlation between how the game went and what would have been the ideal choice for that game.  Sure, there are plenty of benefits to watching the game from the couch, there's no doubt about that, but when you're watching a truly great game, nothing will ever match up to be there to see it live in front of you.  The first game I managed to make it to last year was vs the Broncos, and while every Jets fan watching of course enjoyed it, I was thrilled to have been there, and had way more fun than I could have at home.  On the other hand, we've all been at those horrible games that makes you wonder why you ever possibly wanted to deal with those people around you and the painstaking trip home.

Let's all hope we have a truly good team (long-term) coming to us soon, and this will suddenly be a much easier question for many.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Are we talking an outdoor TV under a gazebo?

Yes a LARGE BIG SCREEN HDTV, fire pit nearby burning oak and cherry firewood emitting an aroma of a black and mild cigar or your uncles corn cob pipe back in the day.

A smoker and grill cooking your game time football Sunday favorites. 

A refrigerator full of beer, Titos vodka with plenty of mixers bottles of Fireball and Jameson and a bathroom close by.

Thats what i'm talking about. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes a LARGE BIG SCREEN HDTV, fire pit nearby burning oak and cherry firewood emitting an aroma of a black and mild cigar or your uncles corn cob pipe back in the day.

A smoker and grill coking your game time football Sunday favorites. 

A refrigerator full of beer, Titos vodka with plenty of mixers bottles of Fireball and Jameson and a bathroom close by.

Thats what i'm talking about. 

Fireball? Lolol 

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Let's not go here.

Edited by Maxman
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s pretty clear you’re not married, married guys don’t like having sex with their wives

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

TV. I spent five hours and multiple hundred dollars getting to and from the Meadowlands this past year to watch the Jets wilt against the sh*ttastic Dolphins in a large scale air conditioner looking stadium surrounded by the vermin of North Jersey. 

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Paying 100s of dollars  to watch a team lose is pretty much, getting screwed

• Upvote 1