*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Kinda both, the best I've seen is 2% ish on introductory rates . My grandfather used to drill into my head to save save save but that's when a savings account or 1 year CD would get you north of 10%

A little north of 2% isn't bad compared to 0.01 that you get at most commercial banks.  At least for money you don't want open to volatility.  I'm not talking big wins here.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

A little north of 2% isn't bad compared to 0.01 that you get at most commercial banks.  At least for money you don't want open to volatility.  I'm not talking big wins here.

Right, I was curious what you meant by high.  I was doing crowdfunded rehabs for awhile which was nice until one went belly up

24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Too bad we have to wait until tomorrow night....I ******* HATE the new draft format and the attempt to turn it into a damn award show so the wimmens will watch...

?

I was thinking about it the other day, its not this huge big show, but it makes sense to do. But they used the Jets fans for years to drive eyeballs to the event  and have all but abandoned us. Much like the NFL beginning. I mean the NFL itself is only the NFL because we beat them in the first AFL NFL championship game called the superbowl.

Its interesting to me that we have basically as a team and our fan base created the NFL and draft and now they pretend liek we didnt.

Im ok with the big show now, but i wish they would give us a little credit verse justy trying toi belittle our contribution.

• Upvote 1

I saw Rex on ESPN this morning and he thinks Q. Williams is the best player in this draft. And the best he's seen in several years. OK? He also talked about the Jets trade up for Mark Sanchez and gave a few details on offers they got and trade strategy. He lives in Nashville btw. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I saw Rex on ESPN this morning and he thinks Q. Williams is the best player in this draft. And the best he's seen in several years. OK. He also talked about the Jets trade up for Mark Sanchez and gave a few details on offers they got and trade strategy. He lives in Nashville btw. 

Not sure which opinion is more worthless; that of Rex Ryan or Charlie Caserly, the latter babbling on NFLN right now. 

• Upvote 1

ESPN has Josh Allen going to the Bucs.  Sort of brings flashback when we picked Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp. 

Get er' done McCoffee!

Vernon Gholston, DE/LB, Ohio State, 2008., Blair Thomas, RB, Penn State, 1990, Johnny “Lam” Jones, WR, Texas, 1980, Roger Vick, FB, Texas A&M, 1987, 1987, Kyle Brady, TE, Penn State, 1995, Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama, 2013, Dewayne Robertson, DT, Kentucky, 2003

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Kinda both, the best I've seen is 2% ish on introductory rates . My grandfather used to drill into my head to save save save but that's when a savings account or 1 year CD would get you north of 10%

2 is probably the best you'd find and is still better than what it has been for the last 3-5 years ago. CDs are a joke for the most part and have been for a while. Want to not be able to access your money for years unless you pay a penalty for the reward of below inflation interest? SIGN ME UP.

For most people, paying off high interest debt and then putting savings regularly into a low-expense total market, total bond, total international stock mutual fund i.e. something like vanguard is the way to go in the long term. (For those not willing to research, find a good money fiduciary responsible person, or want to be conservative with their risk) 

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Hmmmmmmm....

Nothing to Hmmmmmmmmm... about.  They're just saying speculation is over and now it's showtime, in effect.

You think the social media intern knows who they're drafting, and is then going to broadcast it?

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The uncertainty at the top of the board makes this one of the most compelling NFL drafts in a long time. 

How many years in a row have we been hearing about teams picking 1st already basically agreeing to terms on a contract with their guy prior to draft day?  Sure, Baker Mayfield at 1 was a surprise last year, but at the very least we were all confident the Browns would be taking a QB, it was just a matter of which one.  This year, the team picking 1st could pick a QB OR grab their top defensive player, and its anyone's guess which they choose.

Its possible the NFL told the Cardinals to be super secret about things and that they've wanted Murray all along, but either way, we don't know that to be true at this time.  Everyone is flipping the script now and saying the Cardinals will be sticking with Rosen.  Fun stuff.   

100% the NFL is influencing all this hype talk.  It's basically the WWE these days....."The Cards are going to surprise at #1"?  Really?  What are they taking?  A spaceship? Otherwise, I'm pretty sure they're going to be a top NFL prospect. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

100% the NFL is influencing all this hype talk.  It's basically the WWE these days....."The Cards are going to surprise at #1"?  Really?  What are they taking?  A spaceship? Otherwise, I'm pretty sure they're going to be a top NFL prospect. 

That would be stellar.  Out of this world, even.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1