*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i wonder if the main reason mccagnan would do this is b/c he knows the bills wouldn't be getting a qb.  

Jets aren't getting a QB either.  Wouldn't you rather trade with a team that is getting a QB?  More value, doesn't take a position player off the board.

12 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Would love a fact check on the last time teams in the same division made a top of the draft trade.

The highest trade I could find with a little bit of searching was in 2006 between the Ravens and Browns who swapped 12 and 13.

Ravens paid a 6th rounder to move up and took Ngata.  Winner!

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Jets aren't getting a QB either.  Wouldn't you rather trade with a team that is getting a QB?  More value, doesn't take a position player off the board.

my point was that the jets wouldn't consider trading with a division rival if they knew the bills were targeting a qb.  but i don't think mccagnan would care if he helped the bills get Q if he got good compensation.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

my point was that the jets wouldn't consider trading with a division rival if they knew the bills were targeting a qb.  but i don't think mccagnan would care if he helped the bills get Q if he got good compensation.

I got the point.  I still wouldn't do it, and I don't think there's any prescient for it.

6 minutes ago, jack48 said:

sp...does drafting Kyler make KK unfireable?  For at least, say, 5 years?

I think if you're Arizona you have to let him do it if he wants. Why the **** else would you hire him? Go all-in on the experiment with the 2 of them and if it bombs, hey you tried. Pretty clear Rosen is a jackbag and no defensive player is going to be enough to compensate for that. If you have the #1 overall pick and you just made a hire like Kingsbury you might as well go for it.

Murray is the overwhelming choice to be top Qb drafted and overall no. 1 selection. He was phenomenal last year and in addition to passing yards gained over 1000 on the ground.  But look the guy is under 6' tall.  And as for running Qbs we've seen this before like with RG3. These types of Qbs don't last long in the NFL. Murray has only started one season. The rule of thumb used to be two to three seasons in college as a starter. Like 30 starts.  He wouldn't be my pick at overall #1. https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/2180829/kyler-murray

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ian Rap saying that we’re most likely going to trade out within the top 10. Macc doesn’t really love the idea of leaving the top 10. Would have to be a great deal.

Holy cow he should get a commission if it happens lol

Some pre-draft cookie monster humor for the board to break up the monotony.

Now...I'm off to see Endgame.  I'm hoping to turn on my phone in about 4 1/2 hours and hear that the Jets have traded back and picked up at least a 2, 3 and a 1st rounder next year.

Some teams trade back for lesser compensation, but not us.  Not us.

As an aside.  A trip to Nashville is well worth it.  I was lucky enough to go to a 4 day conference there a few summers ago.  The city is really well layed out and Broadway and that area (where the draft is) is a very cool place.  Awesome entertainment and excellent food.

Just some tremendous musical talent even if you are not a big country fan.  Just a fun and interesting place to visit.