UDFA's- Jet signings

PepPep

https://www.jetnation.com/2019/04/28/new-york-jets-look-for-depth-on-o-line-and-edge-with-undrafted-free-agent-additions/

A lot to like if you ask me:

Edge/OLBs: Macc did a great job of going after guys that have a nose for the ball and can put pressure on the QB. If J.Polite works out as a starting Edge, the depth at this position will be a strength not a weakness. Should be fun to watch these guys fight for roster spots. A lot of guys that with great motors. 

S: HOLY SMOKES. Battle and Ramirez play like their hair is on fire. Hard hitting safeties with a relentless motor. Jamal Adams will love these guys. I would not be surprised if one if not both supplanted the veteran backups we have now at the Safety position. 

CB: The one CB they got was Kyron Brown out of Akron. Tall, lanky man cover CB who has great ball skills but lacks the speed you need to start as a CB in the NFL. With the depth the Jets have at CB I think this is a PS guy. Maybe he will have a shot as a backup FS b/c of his ball and cover skills. 

WR: Pretty disappointed they didn't go after more WRs b/c there was some great talent out there. Smith has great speed but is a gadget guy. QB converted to WR. Super raw. I think he is a PS/camp body. However, I watched some tape on Dortch and he looks like he could find a way onto the roster as a returner/backup slot WR. Very fluid with great hands. Lacks top end speed. But I think he will have a chance if he outplays Bellamy. The tape ive seen on him is pretty fun to watch.

RB: Not too impressed with the one RB they got in Moore. Camp body. Maybe P/S but will probably be cut. 

D-line: Nobody really jumped out at me out of the DTs they picked up. With the depth the Jets have already on the D-line and the edge rushers they picked up I think these guys are mostly camp bodies.

TE and QB: nobody was signed as far as I know. Maybe as I am writing this the Jets have added more UDFAs.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

We got like 12 UDFAs

Ok. I found a list. Only one WR though....but I like what i've been able to find on him right now 

Overview

Smooth, fluid slot receiver whose smallish build is overshadowed by his toughness in the middle of the field and talent as a return man. Dortch is productive, but has issues finishing contested catches and will need to run his routes with greater focus and urgency in order to maximize separation from defenders. He has the hands and quickness to become a future starting slot, but there will be teams who scratch him from their board due to his lack of size.

2 minutes ago, PepPep said:

where can I find the list?

UDFA Thread (Before it got hijacked by memories of Paradis and Jetstream's SD road trip several years ago.

NEW YORK JETS

Wake Forest WR Greg Dortch
LSU S John Battle
UCF T Wyatt Miller
Alabama LB Jamey Mosley
Akron CB Kyron Brown
App State RB Jalin Moore
DT Trevon Sanders – Troy
S Santos Ramirez - Arkansas
DT Fred Jones - Florida State
DT Myquon Stout – Appalachian State
DE Kyle Phillips – Tennessee
LB Jeff Allison – Fresno State

Link to brief profiles of each guy:

http://turnonthejets.com/2019/04/new-york-jets-udfa-tracker-running-breakdown/

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, PepPep said:

After trading down twice and taking a blocking TE, a low upside special teams LB and a CB with hig upside but MAJOR injury red flags on day 3 I was SURE Macc would be all over the UDFAs trying to add WRs and Pass Catching TEs as well as a C/G or OT. And it looks like we've been quiet, signing DE-Kyle Phillips out of Tennessee- THAT'S IT! This is very UN-MACC. 

WRs that were on my radar like Jazz Ferguson and Preston Williams are already gone. Looks like David Sills, E.Hall and Keelan Doss are still out there. 

TE- D.Parham is still out there.

OG- Beau Benzschawel is still out there.

Shouldn't we be going after these guys?? 

WRs

1. Emanuel Hall, Missouri

2. Stanley Morgan, Nebraska
3. Anthony Johnson, Buffalo
4. Jon'Vea Johnson, Toledo
5. Jalen Guyton, North Texas
6. Jason Moore, Toledo (UPDATE: Agreed to terms with the Los Angeles Chargers, team announced)
7. DaMarkus Lodge, Mississippi (UPDATE: Signing with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports)
8. David Sills, West Virginia
9. Jakobi Myers, North Carolina St.
10. Antoine Wesley, Texas Tech
11. Keelan Doss, Cal Davis
12. Greg Dortch, Wake Forest
13. Jazz Ferguson, NW State-Louisiana (UPDATE: Signing with the Seattle Seahawks, Pelissero reports)
14. Jamal Custis, Syracuse
15. Cody Thompson, Toledo (UPDATE: Agreed to terms with the Kansas City Chiefs, per Teope)
6. Ryan Davis, Auburn
17. Ashton Dulin, Malone
18. Brody Oliver, Colorado School of Mines
19. Brian Burt, Fresno State
20. Tyre Brady, Marshall
21. Jovon Durante, Florida Atlantic
22. Nyqwan Murray, Florida State
23. Jamarius Way, South Alabama
24. Jaylen Smith, Louisville (UPDATE: Signing with the Baltimore Ravens, per Pelissero)
25. Felton Davis III, Michigan State
26. Alex Wesley, Northern Colorado
27. Johnnie Dixon, Ohio State
28. Emmanuel Butler, Northern Arizona
29. Tyron Johnson, Oklahoma St.
30. Olamide Zaccheaus, Virginia (UPDATE: Agreed to terms with the Atlanta Falcons, per Rapoport)
31. Jeff Smith, Boston College
32. Michael Walker, Boston College
33. Malik Taylor, Ferris State (UPDATE: Signing with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Rapoport reports)
34. Trevion Thompson, Clemson (UPDATE: Agreed to terms with the Los Angeles Chargers, team announced)
35. Preston Williams, Colorado St. (UPDATE: Signing with the Miami Dolphins, per Pelissero)
36. Trinity Benson, East Central (OK)
37. Deonte Harris, Assumption (UPDATE: Agreed to terms with the New Orleans Saints, per Teope)
38. Kelvin McKnight, Samford
39. Trayone Gray, Hawaii
40. Anthony Ratliff-Williams, North Carolina
41. Joe Horn Jr., Missouri Western
42. Shawn Bane Jr., Northwest Missouri St.
43. Damion Jeanpiere, Nicholls State
44. Jauan Wesley, Northern Illinois

Tight ends

1. Dax Raymond, Utah State
2. C.J. Conrad, Kentucky
3. Kendall Blanton, Missouri
4. David Lucero, UTEP
5. Romello Brooker, Houston
6. Kano Dillon, Oregon
7. Donald Parham, Stetson
8. Keenen Brown, Texas State
9. Matt Sokol, Michigan St. (UPDATE: Signing with the Los Angeles Chargers, Rapoport reports)
10. Daniel Helm, Duke (UPDATE: Agreed to terms with the Los Angeles Chargers, team announced)
11. Jerome Washington, Rutgers
12. Tyler Petite, USC
13. Milan Richard, Clemson
14. Jeremy Patton, Arkansas
15. Hale Hentges, Alabama
16. Trey Lansman, Nebraska-Kearney
17. Darnell Jenkins, Rocky Mountain
18. Mik'Quan Deane, Western Kentucky
19. C'yontai Lewis, Florida
20. Brandon Dillon, Marian (UPDATE: Signing with the Minnesota Vikings, per Rapoport)
21. Ian Bunting, California
22. Davis Koppenhaver, Duke
23. Jake Powell, Monmouth
24. Micky Crum, Louisville
25. Cole Herdman, Purdue
26. Logan Parker, Southern Utah
27. Zander Neuville, Wisconsin
28. Seth Hebert, Central Missouri
29. Ravian Pierce, Syracuse
30. Mavin Saunders, Kansas
31. Isaiah Searight, Fordham
32. Tyree Mayfield, Wyoming (UPDATE: Signing with the San Francisco 49ers, Pelissero reports)

Offensive tackles

1. Tyler Roemer, San Diego St.
2. Mitch Hyatt, Clemson
3. Yosuah Nijman, Virginia Tech
4. Donnell Greene, Minnesota
5. Brandon Knight, Indiana
6. Blake Hance, Northwestern
7. Alex Bookser, Pittsburgh
8. Chidi Okeke, Tennessee St.
9. Willie Wright, Tulsa
10. Ethan Greenidge, Villanova
11. Devon Johnson, Ferris State
12. Paul Adams, Missouri
13. Derrick Puni, Central Missouri
14. Brian Wallace, Arkansas
15. Derrick Kelly, Florida State
16. Brian Fineanganofo, Idaho State
17. Juwann Bushell-Beatty, Michigan
18. Tyree St. Louis, Miami (UPDATE: Signing with the New England Patriots, Pelissero reports)
19. Brandon Hitner, Villanova
20. William Sweet, North Carolina
21. Garrett McGhin, East Carolina
22. Patrick Lawrence, Baylor
23. Patrick Mekari, California
24. Tariq Cole, Rutgers
25. Ryan Pope, San Diego St. (UPDATE: Signing with the Detroit Lions, Rapoport reports)
26. Brock Ruble, Toledo
27. A.T. Hall, Stanford
28. Koda Martin, Syracuse (UPDATE: Signing with the Los Angeles Chargers, Rapoport reports)
29. Jaelin Robinson, Temple
30. Travis Vornkahl, West Texas A&M

Interior offensive linemen

1. Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin
2. Trevon Tate, Memphis
3. Calvin Anderson, Texas
4. Tyler Jones, North Carolina St.
5. Ryan Bates, Penn State
6. Alex Bars, Notre Dame (UPDATE: Signing with the Chicago Bears, Pelissero reports)
7. Lester Cotton, Alabama
8. Ross Reynolds, Iowa
9. Shaq Calhoun, Mississippi St.
10. Fred Johnson, Florida (UPDATE: Agreed to terms with the Pittsburgh Steelers, the team announced)
11. Martez Ivey, Florida
12. Branton Autry, Jacksonville St.
13. Nate Herbig, Stanford
14. Garrett Brumfield, LSU (UPDATE: Agreed to terms with the Pittsburgh Steelers, the team announced)
15. Justin Falcinelli, Clemson
16. West Martin, Indiana
17. Tommy Doles, Northwestern
18. Bunchy Stallings, Kentucky
19. O'Shea Dugas, Louisiana Tech (UPDATE: Agreed to terms with the Cincinnati Bengals, per Teope)
20. Gavin Wiggins, Youngstown St.
21. Damian Prince, Maryland
22. Joe Lowery, Ohio
23. Marquez Tucker, Southern Utah
24. Terronne Prescod, North Carolina St.

They signed a lot more then that

47 minutes ago, Lith said:

UDFA Thread (Before it got hijacked by memories of Paradis and Jetstream's SD road trip several years ago.

NEW YORK JETS

Wake Forest WR Greg Dortch
LSU S John Battle
UCF T Wyatt Miller
Alabama LB Jamey Mosley
Akron CB Kyron Brown
App State RB Jalin Moore
DT Trevon Sanders – Troy
S Santos Ramirez - Arkansas
DT Fred Jones - Florida State
DT Myquon Stout – Appalachian State
DE Kyle Phillips – Tennessee
LB Jeff Allison – Fresno State

Link to brief profiles of each guy:

http://turnonthejets.com/2019/04/new-york-jets-udfa-tracker-running-breakdown/

So 3 offensive guys and a boatload of defensive guys. Rinse, repeat - Jets football. More defensive linemen than total offensive players.

• Upvote 4

Ok. I found a list. Only one WR though....but I like what i've been able to find on him right now 

Overview Smooth, fluid slot receiver whose smallish build is overshadowed by his toughness in the middle of the field and talent as a return man. Dortch is productive, but has issues finishing contested catches and will need to run his routes with greater focus and urgency in order to maximize separation from defenders. He has the hands and quickness to become a future starting slot, but there will be teams who scratch him from their board due to his lack of size.

Love this kids tape. Guys that make other guys miss like this have a shot at the next level. Will definitely be following Dortch's progress.

From PFF:

GREG DORTCH, WR, NEW YORK JETS

Greg-Dortch-Slot-Grade.png

Dortch was the No. 147 overall player on our big board, so it seems the Jets were lucky to get him without spending any draft capital. Among all wide receivers in the class, Dortch ranked best in PFF grade from the slot over the past two seasons. Lucky for him, head coach Adam Gase’s slot wide receivers have found a great deal of fantasy success in the NFL (Jarvis Landry, Wes Welker). He’ll need to beat out Jamison Crowder for slot duties if he wants to find success at the next level.

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

From PFF:

GREG DORTCH, WR, NEW YORK JETS

Greg-Dortch-Slot-Grade.png

Dortch was the No. 147 overall player on our big board, so it seems the Jets were lucky to get him without spending any draft capital. Among all wide receivers in the class, Dortch ranked best in PFF grade from the slot over the past two seasons. Lucky for him, head coach Adam Gase’s slot wide receivers have found a great deal of fantasy success in the NFL (Jarvis Landry, Wes Welker). He’ll need to beat out Jamison Crowder for slot duties if he wants to find success at the next level.

He's awfully small for the NFL, isn't he? Not saying he can't make it and I'll be rooting for him, but it seems like a long shot.