Mission: Get Sam Darnold a hot, rich wife!

He's right.  Brady's brand, and ultimately his bottom line, is better served by winning, than by making a few million more each year.  His wife may afford him the luxury to think this way, but it's true nonetheless.  Frankly, any Saturday he wanted to, Brady could go make a million dollars off of kids and middle-aged weirdos who care about autographs by sitting in a hotel ball room for 8-hours pretending to care about the fans.  I'm not sure this would work for any NFL players besides top-end QBs, but it certainly works in this case.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

He's right.  Brady's brand, and ultimately his bottom line, is better served by winning, than by making a few million more each year.  His wife may afford him the luxury to think this way, but it's true nonetheless.  Frankly, any Saturday he wanted to, Brady could go make a million dollars off of kids and middle-aged weirdos who care about autographs by sitting in a hotel ball room for 8-hours pretending to care about the fans.  I'm not sure this would work for any NFL players besides top-end QBs, but it certainly works in this case.

Brady is going the Michael Jordan route. 

Jordan is worth about 2 Billion dollars, but he only made 90 million playing NBA ball during his 15 years. 

The "Jordan Brand" however is one of the largest on the planet, and he's gone from rich to wealthy based on his name recognition and branding. 

Jordan transcends culture and sports. 

It will take just 1 generation for folks to forget every "gate" Brady was part of. Once that happens, dude will be that type of figure. 

There are some records that Brady has that will probably never be broken. Being the starting QB in 9 SB's will probably never be broken. It's been dreadful living through this sh t as a Jets fan. 

• Upvote 3

Lets not all pretend that Tom Brady's numerous side-hustles and "special arrangements" don't also factor into his oh-so-selfless attitude towards his "salary".  

Of all the ways the Patriots cheat, the one that actually bothers me is the way they've skirted the salary cap rules with Tom Brady.  The other stuff, I take the Phil Nekro view, if you're not cheating you're not trying, all is fair in love and football.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Actually TB makes more than his wife. Parade Mag. had a salary article a few weeks ago and Cindy makes like $19 mil while his wife makes "only" $10 mil.

Her net worth is more than double Brady's. He doesn't need to make a dime but probably agrees to take one to keep the players union happy.

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lets not all pretend that Tom Brady's numerous side-hustles and "special arrangements" don't also factor into his oh-so-selfless attitude towards his "salary".  

Of all the ways the Patriots cheat, the one that actually bothers me is the way they've skirted the salary cap rules with Tom Brady.  The other stuff, I take the Phil Nekro view, if you're not cheating you're not trying, all is fair in love and football.  

You aren't kidding. The Patriots buy their water from Tom Brady water company.   They might be paying him cheap on the football field, but they find a way to compensate him being one of the top Qb's in the game.( you bet your arse they are circumventing the salary cap. Broncos did the same thing with J Elway- and the league looked the other way.

• Upvote 2

The more I think about it, I think we might see about starting a Gofundme for a training supply company to help offset Sam's salary demands. 

Of course we'll have to keep mum about it cuz the league doesn't like fudging salary numbers.

#phucktombrady

All this bullcrap about Brady being a selfless guy sacrificing for the team really pisses me off.  It's the worst kept secret in football that the Pats pay him millions of dollars every year through his vitamin company so it doesn't get counted against the cap.  And the NFL does nothing about yet another form of Patriot cheating because they don't want to take another public relations beating like they did with Deflategate.  Meanwhile, Russell Wilson will count three times more against the salary cap.  Is that fair?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

You aren't kidding. The Patriots buy their water from Tom Brady water company.   They might be paying him cheap on the football field, but they find a way to compensate him being one of the top Qb's in the game.( you bet your arse they are circumventing the salary cap. Broncos did the same thing with J Elway- and the league looked the other way.

so the other 31 owners just look the other way?  i can't imagine how these billionaires who are competitive in the rest of their lives allow this to stand.

also from a business perspective i doubt having the same team win over and over is smart.  

the pats might be doing this - would not be suprised but why would the nfl look the other way.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

All this bullcrap about Brady being a selfless guy sacrificing for the team really pisses me off.  It's the worst kept secret in football that the Pats pay him millions of dollars every year through his vitamin company so it doesn't get counted against the cap.  And the NFL does nothing about yet another form of Patriot cheating because they don't want to take another public relations beating like they did with Deflategate.  Meanwhile, Russell Wilson will count three times more against the salary cap.  Is that fair?

can you share a link to this millions of dollars payment to vitamin company?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/12/19/patriots-pay-business-owned-tom-brady-and-partner-with-dubious-past/C4zMzcPDgU62WMMg10qeBL/story.html

The article doesn't talk amounts but if it was less I hardly think they would go to the trouble.

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

this article which i saw says they pay 200 bucks an hour - assuming that the workers get 50 bucks an hour - that's 150 dollars per hour "extra" for TB.  let's assume they get 20 hours a week of extra work - $3k a week for the company.  that's 150k a year.  nowhere near the millions people say.  

8 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/12/19/patriots-pay-business-owned-tom-brady-and-partner-with-dubious-past/C4zMzcPDgU62WMMg10qeBL/story.html

The article doesn't talk amounts but if it was less I hardly think they would go to the trouble.

are you upset with the patriots sending players there or the fact that he company gets to do it on location?  i suspect he has to pay fair market rent for the space.   the first part, i doubt is alot of money.

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-patriots-pay-a-brady-owned-company-run-by-suspect-partner/

..or the Boston Globe if you prefer: https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/12/19/patriots-pay-business-owned-tom-brady-and-partner-with-dubious-past/C4zMzcPDgU62WMMg10qeBL/story.html?curator=SportsREDEF

I'm not sure the purpose is an under the table payment to Brady as it seems more likely that kraft is a just crackpot who believes in a flat earth, faked moon landing and tb12. It's pretty hard to understand how given the payments, lack of payment to be the "official provider of the pats" and Brady's ownership stake making him the recipient of the money..aren't a violation.

There's also rumors (that don't have a lot of evidence, but barring an actual state or federal investigation it would be hard to obtain such evidence and that while it would be a violation of NFL rules, it's not illegal) that kraft makes unusual investments in companies that brady invests in including tb12.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

this article which i saw says they pay 200 bucks an hour - assuming that the workers get 50 bucks an hour - that's 150 dollars per hour "extra" for TB.  let's assume they get 20 hours a week of extra work - $3k a week for the company.  that's 150k a year.  nowhere near the millions people say.  

That's only one aspect of it.  They are also partners in the dopey vitamin water stuff, which is where the real money is coming from.   It is basically a phony gatorade and it costs $15.00 a bottle and they sell it at Gillette Stadium.

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

are you upset with the patriots sending players there or the fact that he company gets to do it on location?  i suspect he has to pay fair market rent for the space.   the first part, i doubt is alot of money.

I mean no offense but you are sounding very naive/defensive about this whole crooked deal.  Are you suggesting that the Pats and Brady wouldn't cheat?  Because there is certainly a lot of evidence indicating otherwise.  You aren't related to him, are you?

The youngest billionaire is one of the Jenners.  but i believe she has a boyfriend.  that would have been ideal.

but we don't need to worry about this for another 3-4 years when his first contract is up.

second, i do think that there will be more than one QB that decides to take the low salary route to win more championships.  these days you can play for 15-20 years easy and can make 300-500mm in your career.  i think more than 1 will decide to take 5mm less per year if they think it will help them win a super bowl. 

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

The youngest billionaire is one of the Jenners.  but i believe she has a boyfriend.  that would have been ideal.

but we don't need to worry about this for another 3-4 years when his first contract is up.

second, i do think that there will be more than one QB that decides to take the low salary route to win more championships.  these days you can play for 15-20 years easy and can make 300-500mm in your career.  i think more than 1 will decide to take 5mm less per year if they think it will help them win a super bowl. 

The worst starting QBs in the league will make 20.  Top ten guys will be getting 30+ after the Cousins and Wilson contracts.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

That's only one aspect of it.  They are also partners in the dopey vitamin water stuff, which is where the real money is coming from.   It is basically a phony gatorade and it costs $15.00 a bottle and they sell it at Gillette Stadium.

how many $15 bottles are they selling?