Why Quinnen Williams is the best DT prospect since Aaron Donald

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great video. I get why a lot of Jets fans were so meh about drafting another DLineman. But this kid could be our Aaron Donald. If you can get consistent pass rush from the interior, it produces a lot more opportunities for the rest of the defense to make a play. 

He was the best player in the draft by a decent margin. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

That was pretty interesting. 

What was? The 6:00 where he breaks down one play or the 3:00 he plugs the Manscaping products?

The same people all on board with getting a DT in the 1st round for the 10th year in a row because you need pressure up the middle are fine with having a starting center that couldn't beat out wesley Johnson and spencer long.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The same people all on board with getting a DT in the 1st round for the 10th year in a row because you need pressure up the middle are fine with having a starting center that couldn't beat out wesley Johnson and spencer long.

Yea Todd Bowles is retarded and refused to bench Long after multiple games worth of botched snaps due to a broken finger. 8 year old kids watching from home knew he had no business being in the game. His decisions on who did or did not start at center are null and void.

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The way he splits the double team when the tackle had him dead to rights is pretty f'n impressive. If he can do that stuff in the pros we'll have a gem.

But does he play Center?

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Who cares unless he plays offense amirite?

The mac era

DT 1st, 3rd, 6th, 1st, 7th

OLB/ILB: 3rd, 5th, 5th, 1st, 3rd, 3rd

oline: 3,5,5

Since the D'Brick Mangold draft.

1st round picks:

Defense 12

Offesne 3 (two of them QBs)

If you can't understand why people feel they way they do I am not sure what to tell you.

Hell both the Leo Wiiliams and Quinne Williams picks are made in areas that are not strong needs. 

I'm tired of this constant playing of his college film. Let's get a REAL comparison? If all these Nostradamus idiots are correct we should have comparable tape on Aaron Donald? Should we not?

Isn't that a FAIR comparison given the fact that everyone seems to think he's the next Donald?

Someone post background on Donalds career. How many years did he start? What were his statistics? What did his combine look like?

The only fair comparison is to card stack them right next to each other and let everyone decide.......

5 hours ago, Drums said:

At first I was somewhat numb to the pick but I’m definitely excited now. For some reason, the Polite pick made me feel better about Q as well. 

That's cause if we get inside and outside pressure from these 2 that is very hard to stop.

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

I'm tired of this constant playing of his college film. Let's get a REAL comparison? If all these Nostradamus idiots are correct we should have comparable tape on Aaron Donald? Should we not?

Isn't that a FAIR comparison given the fact that everyone seems to think he's the next Donald?

Someone post background on Donalds career. How many years did he start? What were his statistics? What did his combine look like?

The only fair comparison is to card stack them right next to each other and let everyone decide.......

Watch the combine video above, they do a side by side 40 of Q vs Donald. Essentially, Q and Donald have almost the exact same 10 yard split- the most important measure for a pass rushing DT. Donald pulls away a bit from Q at the end of the 40 because Q is carrying 30 extra pounds. Q ran the fastest 40 for a 300 lb player in the last 20 or so years. Guy is a freak.

What the guys who are so hyped about drafting Q don't fugging understand or refuse to understand is that if the offense can't stay on the field or sustain drives it doesn't matter how good he is if he is gassed by the middle of the 3rd qtr. This is what neglecting the OL for the LAST 4 years has done to the Defense. All those 3 and outs take there toll boys and the skill players are not good enough to win games 38 to 35. Sure adding Bell will help but he is one guy. Sorry but adding an often injured slot WR is not going to solve the problem either.

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

the fair comparison for QW is fletcher cox.

1.67/1.64 10 yd split

4.83/4.79 40

303 lb / 300 lb

Archived