Gase and Bell - what an idiot Gase is

3 minutes ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

Bell just tweeted about the situation, openly acknowledging that he's aware his HC might not like him.

Gase is pissing off Bell.  

Get Gase out of here.  Guys...out HC is a joke.  And our franchise is a joke.

Wow.

It doesn't sound like he's angry at all. Just determined to prove people wrong.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I'm far from a Gase fan, but this is so completely meaningless.  Regardless of whether his feelings on Bell are true or not, Bell is getting paid lots of money to do a job, and he has no excuses not to do it.  Short of Gase becoming so petty that he refuses to play Bell, nothing about this will make any real difference.  Just about everyone has had to deal with bosses they didn't have the greatest personal relationships with, but in the end you still have to do your job.

• Upvote 2

Gase didn’t want to over pay them which we most definitely did but do You guys really think he’s mad about having a t5 RB in the league? Figures this Bell/Gase BS leaks the day they can the GM who we all wanted gone

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

It doesn't sound like he's angry at all. Just determined to prove people wrong.

Agree.  At least from this tweet, it sounds like Bell is the adult in the room.   How it will play out during the season remains to be seen, but at least for now, seems like he is taking the high road.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If the Jets suck halfway through and he's also not playing Bell, then the fans will make sure he's fired. I'm positive of that. 

This not wanting Bell thing is odd to me. Also is the entire idea and bitching about voluntary workouts. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Gase is pissed that bell didn’t attend last week and he’s not shy in letting him know.  I don’t see anything wrong with this.  Bell didn’t play football last year and he’s new to the team.

You don't see anything wrong with our brand new HC, who has a history poorly handled player relationships, being in a potential squabble with our brand new feature RB? A top 5 RB in the NFL and who is supposed to be Darnold's security blanket?  Ok cool.  This was dumb and mishandled at minimum. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

You don't see anything wrong with our brand new HC, who has a history poorly handled player relationships, being in a potential squabble with our brand new feature RB? A top 5 RB in the NFL and who is supposed to be Darnold's security blanket?  Ok cool.  This was dumb and mishandled at minimum. 

To my knowledge gase hasn’t called out bell at all.  Sounds like bell is reacting to tweets by others that presume to know how gase felt about signing bell.  

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Come on dude. Backs dont last a single season with Gase. We both liked Mangini - but would you sign up for hiring him and giving him full control?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

In this instance, and with Ajayi, both backs are notorious pains in the ass, so I’m giving Gase the benefit of the doubt on it. Coaches are terrible GMs, generally, but the first thing a coach has to do coming into a new locker room is chop the head off the biggest malcontent right away. That’s tough to do when that malcontent is also the prized free agent signing of a desperate and floundering GM.