Albert Breer gets to the bottom of what happened

9 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I love articles like these that seem to be primarily fact based.  I agree wholeheartedly that it would be worth it if we already have Douglass basically done and a guy with his rep can come in here.  I don't like a lot of the other stuff about the indecisiveness of the coaches and how KC viewed Lee, but oh well. It's not the biggest deal in the world. We probably got taken advantage of there, but again if w get a legit GM out of this its pretty small in the grand scheme. 

If the GM is worth his salt, he won't need to do anything more than get the coaches opinions on players and go from there.  I'm really hoping we can get this guy or at least someone with similar pedigree. I have to admit I was a bit jealous watching the Colts war room vids.  But the article does raise a very stark reality that we are not just a losing franchise. We are deeply dysfunctional. That could give anyone not named Idzik cold feet.  

Thanks for posting. 

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s just making fun of the Jets and adds no new information. 

Gase being the man behind the Mosley signing is new information. Prior to that I heard he was against spending big money on ILB

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I edited my post. I missed that he went deeper into it beyond his opening salvo 

They call that being a quick draw. So many negative applications for that one.  At least that's what my wife says.  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You don't develop a young qb when the GM ignores O line for 4 years and has him throwing to a bunch of UDFAs.....

Mac sucked. And he was actually HINDERING the development of the QB. (Spencer Long and Jonatthon Harrisin? Kelvin Beachum? LOL) Sam had stretches of games where he was literally working with 3-4 former UDFAs at WR. 

Pathetic. Good riddance.

The Bell money would have been better spent on Tyrell Williams and getting depth at wr

• Thumb Down 5

6 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Everything in this video I said 4 months ago, but even I didnt expect Macc to be fired in May. 

This is one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen that could have been COMPLETELY avoided if Chris simply moved on from Macc 4 months ago along with Bowles. 

Folks are saying "Better late than never" as if Bowles and Macc shouldnt have been fired last year. It was already late, and ownership has figured out how to make it the most inconvenient situation possible. Why? This situation occurring is exactly what I said would happen if you left Macc and Bowles here to draft Sam Darnold in a fake "Rebuild 2.0" as if that is something that can really happen. The outcome has clearly shown that a 2nd rebuild is ridiculous. If we fired Macc in January and hired a new GM a week or two later, would you honestly believe that Chris Johnson would fire that GM becuase he and Gase didnt get along???? No. This happened because there is no such thing as a 2nd rebuild because there is no such thing as pretending like your 1st rebuild didnt happen. THAT'S why Bowles and Macc should have been fired last year. Such a stupid ownership the Jets have. 

You get to see how a GM goes about building a roster by seeing how they sign players in free agency, deal with scouting information which will lead up to their draft picks in the draft. This new GM that we bring in will basically be a placeholder for a year outside of putting together his scout team to evaluate players for next season. But we have to wait until next season to see what this GM is even capable of. So this is why it didnt make sense to fire Macc in May, Macc essentially did everything you required a GM to do for you heading into the upcoming season. You fire him in JANUARY! 

I swear, there have been moments where this situation has upsetted me given that I knew that this would happen, but not 4 months after not firing him. But for the most part all I've done is laugh. This should be expected from this organization. I've followed this team for over 25 years, and there are folks who are on this board that were alive to root for Namath in the Superbowl. Nothing has changed about this organization whatsoever the past half century. 

This is a circus....to the point that Dave Gettleman is no longer in the new cycle. The Jets have literally done the impossible. lmao! And the incompetence is so visible that the lies that Gase and Johnson say to the fans by way of the media is totally revealed to be such just days after lying into the face of their fans via the press. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, CTM said:

Gase being the man behind the Mosley signing is new information. Prior to that I heard he was against spending big money on ILB

I read or heard the remark about Mosley being "a transformational defensive player."  That is why I did not pay attention to the rag comments on the radio and in the press.

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I edited my post. I missed that he went deeper into it beyond his opening salvo 

I know. While I was tempted to jump down your stupid fat throat I decided to give civility a try.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

The whole "Macc indecisiveness" thing makes me laugh.  Macc was trying to get a 5th rounder for Darren Lee but KC only wanted to trade a 6th.  Gase's first day as interim-GM he trades Lee for a 6th. 

It's easy to be "decisive" when you just give in to the other team's demands - lol.

EDIT: if the Chiefs viewed Lee as "one of the best pure cover LBs in football", why is it so bad that Macc was holding out for a little more compensation?  Keep in mind that KC's pick will likely be toward the very bottom of the round.

Shortly after Maccagnan was fired, Kansas City sensed opportunity, and called to offer their 2020 sixth-round pick for Lee, who the Chiefs view as one of the best pure cover linebackers in football.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Btw, Breer agrees with the so-called "SOJF crowd".  And here's a non-google link:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/05/16/new-york-jets-mike-maccagnan-adam-gase-joe-douglas

You did all of this and then fired him. If this was all part of a greater plan, it doesn’t look like a very good plan. And if it wasn’t? Well, it’s fair to reason that’s even worse, since that GM led the head-coaching search.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The whole "Macc indecisiveness" thing makes me laugh.  Macc was trying to get a 5th rounder for Darren Lee but KC only wanted to trade a 6th.  Gase's first day as interim-GM he trades Lee for a 6th. 

It's easy to be "decisive" when you just give in to the other team's demands - lol.

EDIT: if the Chiefs viewed Lee as "one of the best pure cover LBs in football", why is it so bad that Macc was holding out for a little more compensation?  Keep in mind that KC's pick will likely be toward the very bottom of the round.

Who on the Chiefs camp up with this evaluation?   Are they sure they are talking about Darren Lee?  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Let's wait and see how it works out and I'll tell you whose idea it was.

This organization is now a mish mash of toxic job saving, finger pointing  keno.  When your ball comes up, duck under your desk.

And it all stems from the top. Think of all the momentum slaying, head-scratching,  player personnel acquisitions that have stymied this organization:

-Tim Tebow

-Re-signing Darrell Revis (part deux)

They were orchestrated by the Johnson family. Not in the interest of football fit and continuity. But in the name of marketing and promotion of the club. 

And now we hear that Leveon was of the same ilk. The football God's only know if it will have the same negative effect as those last 2.

There has to be a grown up decision maker on the football side of this organization that heads off marketing type player acquisitions and builds this team in a true football personnel sense. 

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

This organization is now a mish mash of toxic job saving, finger pointing  keno.  When your ball comes up, duck under your desk.

And it all stems from the top. Think of all the momentum slaying, head-scratching,  player personnel acquisitions that have stymied this organization:

-Tim Tebow

They were orchestrated by the Johnson family. Not in the interest of football fit and continuity. But in the name of marketing and promotion of the club. 

And now we hear that Leveon was of the same ilk. The football God's only know if it will have the same negative effect as those last 2.

There has to be a grown up decision maker on the football side of this organization that heads off marketing type player acquisitions and builds this team in a true football personnel sense. 

There's no point in trying to get wins when the retard fanbase will settle for losses that haven't happened yet.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Btw, Breer agrees with the so-called "SOJF crowd".  And here's a non-google link:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/05/16/new-york-jets-mike-maccagnan-adam-gase-joe-douglas

You did all of this and then fired him. If this was all part of a greater plan, it doesn’t look like a very good plan. And if it wasn’t? Well, it’s fair to reason that’s even worse, since that GM led the head-coaching search.

i heard that rhule was mac's boy and the job fell to gase when rhule opted out.  i don't have much remorse in seeing mac launched.  consider if mac did get a 5th for darren lee?  is that the right compensation for "the best cover lb in the league"?  i don't think so.  and if he was you'd think the chiefs would have snapped at it.  they didn't.  and there's little doubt lee knew he was being shopped and went into a funk.  so gase launched him.  even a 6th is worth it at this point.

here's to hoping johnson gets a decent gm and restructures the hierarchy so the gm/hc/dc aren't all on the same level.  get a real football guy in as gm.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

i heard that rhule was mac's boy and the job fell to gase when rhule opted out.  i don't have much remorse in seeing mac launched.  consider if mac did get a 5th for darren lee?  is that the right compensation for "the best cover lb in the league"?  i don't think so.  and if he was you'd think the chiefs would have snapped at it.  they didn't.  and there's little doubt lee knew he was being shopped and went into a funk.  so gase launched him.  even a 6th is worth it at this point.

here's to hoping johnson gets a decent gm and restructures the hierarchy so the gm/hc/dc aren't all on the same level.  get a real football guy in as gm.

Me neither!   Macc had no business getting an extension. Other than the easy 1st rounders that fell to him, did he really make an impact?   It's still the timing that bothers me.  Why couldn't we have hired Joe Douglas this offseason to run the draft and FA? 

35 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Shortly after Maccagnan was fired, Kansas City sensed opportunity, and called to offer their 2020 sixth-round pick for Lee, who the Chiefs view as one of the best pure cover linebackers in football.

If KC really feels that Lee is one of the best cover lb in football they would have ponied up a 5th and not taken a chance on losing him.  Most 5th and 6th round picks are crap shoots as to whether they make the team as special teasers or not.  On a side note, if they truly think he is one of the best cover guys they might want to revisit the film room because I certainly didn’t see it when he was a Jet.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

-Tim Tebow

The Johnsons have been at the heart of all this dysfunction.  I mentioned in another thread yesterday that because they have no real knowledge or real football connections in the league, they are not capable of hiring GMs or head coaches on their own.  That’s why we have seen the alternating HC, GM hiring and then the search firms that have produced some of the very worst hires this organization has ever made.  

Then, like you said, the publicity player signings that were driven by the Johnsons.   The ownership is dysfunctional and it trickles down to the front office.  It’s a shame that the Jets will still be one of the top revenue teams in the NFL despite all this, because there really isn’t any incentive for the Johnsons to change their ways.  Win, lose, front office turnover, HC changes, poor drafts, it all means little to the bottom line.  Johnsons still making hundreds of millions of dollars each year.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Mac is indecisive about many things but I don’t think he was regarding Lee. I didn’t notice that the article was specifically referring to Lee since that would be a poor example of indecisiveness.

Holding out for more value or camp wouldn’t have been a bad thing so I didn’t have an issue with Mac not trading Lee right away. I have an issue with basically 99% of his other moves though. 

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The Johnsons have been at the heart of all this dysfunction.  I mentioned in another thread yesterday that because they have no real knowledge or real football connections in the league, they are not capable of hiring GMs or head coaches on their own.  That’s why we have seen the alternating HC, GM hiring and then the search firms that have produced some of the very worst hires this organization has ever made.  

Then, like you said, the publicity player signings that were driven by the Johnsons.   The ownership is dysfunctional and it trickles down to the front office.  It’s a shame that the Jets will still be one of the top revenue teams in the NFL despite all this, because there really isn’t any incentive for the Johnsons to change their ways.  Win, lose, front office turnover, HC changes, poor drafts, it all means little to the bottom line.  Johnsons still making hundreds of millions of dollars each year.  

Can't we say the same thing about most of the owners in the league except for Jerry Jones, The Rooney family and the Mara family?