Does anyone get the feeling Gase likes firing people

47 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Every move in any organization creates impact. Sometimes, in the sports arena, those moves are because of work ethic, attitude, or other things we as fans can't see on a regular basis. 

This helps set a tone and accountability within an organizations. Other players then learn what is acceptable and what is not and it creates culture.

Just because we can't make sense for moves, does not mean that there is not purpose.

Or, he is totally off a hinge.

I'll buy this. When guys who have been around are slackers, it can be an ugly trend for new guys coming in.  KO said it in his interview that he questioned whether or not he was doing too much when he first got here.  That's not a good thing to hear, but it explains a lot.  I forget who said it about the Pats. Maybe Revis or Ellis. Not sure. 

He said when you're on the outside, you just don't like the Pats, but when you get there you realize they just work harder than everyone else. That's huge. We have had Rex, who I loved, and Bowles. Both were "players coaches" who didn't have any accountability. Thats not good.  Job security is a bad thing in professional sports. These guys need to be working for their lives every day. 

This is a positive I can see coming from Gase and Williams. I don't think anyone feels safe around here. Hopefully that leads to harder work and better results. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I think the only informative move that has happened is the college scout being fired since it seems to indicate they know who their hiring for GM and how they want to structure the scout team. Besides, even if they don't know for sure, the chances that scouts stick around normally would be pretty low because a GM presumably wants his own people so who really cares.

Lee was obviously having no future here and it was kind of understood the team was trying to move him. Leggett hasn't shown much when he's been healthy despite the flaming hole we've had at receiving TE since basically Dustin Keller.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I mean can anything he has done be thought of anything other than filler moves? Its like he got thos title and just wants to make moves even if they aren't  really going to have impact. 

Have another cup of coffee.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I look at it this way.....Gase likes to get rid of people that will prevent the Jets from being successful.

Idk about that there is no proof of this. Idk if this is an axe to grind I am blah about the moves but they need a gm so he can just concentrate on Sam which was what he was brought in to do

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Look at it this way. The people running this team for the last 5 years have not performed. Do they deserve or have earned job security? The answer is no. So yes everyone should be on notice. You don't like it? Too bad.

Dude, did someone piss in your coffee this morning?

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I mean can anything he has done be thought of anything other than filler moves? Its like he got thos title and just wants to make moves even if they aren't  really going to have impact. 

He gets rid of the bad and weak. Mac especially.. What a horrible gm, I don’t think many new HCs could have pulled off forcing the slow Johnson bros to rid of the Mac cancer so easily. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, did someone piss in your coffee this morning?

Dude is it not the truth? If you had gotten the same results at your job as those running this team would you still be employed? Would you have lasted 5 yrs?  Not if you worked for me you wouldn't have. Now go get your shine box.

41 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He gets rid of the bad and weak. Mac especially.. What a horrible gm, I don’t think many new HCs could have pulled off forcing the slow Johnson bros to rid of the Mac cancer so easily. 

Honestly, I don't  believe for a minute that CJ fired Mac because Gase was whispering in his ear. 

• Haha 1

What the hell has Gase ever done to deserve this kind of power. Cmon. He's an ego maniac control freak who's going to alienate a lot of people around him. He wore out his welcome in Miami, and he's going to do it here.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

What the hell has Gase ever done to deserve this kind of power. Cmon. He's an ego maniac control freak who's going to alienate a lot of people around him. He wore out his welcome in Miami, and he's going to do it here.

I don't think so, I have a good feeling about the Jets don't know why, maybe because he has a QB to work with and Williams taking care of the other side of the house.

37 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Dude is it not the truth? If you had gotten the same results at your job as those running this team would you still be employed? Would you have lasted 5 yrs?  Not if you worked for me you wouldn't have. Now go get your shine box.

See, it's  those closing remarks I'm referring to. Now go get your shine box? You don't  like it too bad? And I was not even referring to Mac who Gase did not fire. I mean was Leggett  bad at his job for 5 years, was the scout? I think Lee was nad for 3 years but he was traded, not fired. 

You are so wound up you are not even commenting on what I posted about.  

1 minute ago, Apache 51 said:

I don't think so, I have a good feeling about the Jets don't know why, maybe because he has a QB to work with and Williams taking care of the other side of the house.

I had a good feeling about the Jet's two weeks ago. So did alot of other people around the league. Players were tweeting about what we had done in free agency. Last week. Silence.

• Upvote 1