Jump to content
More Cowbell

Does anyone get the feeling Gase likes firing people

Recommended Posts

 I mean can anything he has done be thought of anything other than filler moves? Its like he got thos title and just wants to make moves even if they aren't  really going to have impact. 

  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean let’s face it, based purely on results of the last 6-8 years there shouldn’t be anyone in this organization ( front office and coaching staff) guaranteed a job still, it’s not like we could get much worse 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fire away !  This organization from the top all the way to the last guy on the practice squad hasn’t been held accountable for a long time. I’m glad he’s at least going to do it his way. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People should and need to feel uncomfortable at Florham Park. No one in that building had done enough to deserve anything otherwise


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look at it this way.....Gase likes to get rid of people that will prevent the Jets from being successful.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Every move in any organization creates impact. Sometimes, in the sports arena, those moves are because of work ethic, attitude, or other things we as fans can't see on a regular basis. 

This helps set a tone and accountability within an organizations. Other players then learn what is acceptable and what is not and it creates culture.

Just because we can't make sense for moves, does not mean that there is not purpose.

Or, he is totally off a hinge.

I'll buy this. When guys who have been around are slackers, it can be an ugly trend for new guys coming in.  KO said it in his interview that he questioned whether or not he was doing too much when he first got here.  That's not a good thing to hear, but it explains a lot.  I forget who said it about the Pats. Maybe Revis or Ellis. Not sure. 

He said when you're on the outside, you just don't like the Pats, but when you get there you realize they just work harder than everyone else. That's huge. We have had Rex, who I loved, and Bowles. Both were "players coaches" who didn't have any accountability. Thats not good.  Job security is a bad thing in professional sports. These guys need to be working for their lives every day. 

This is a positive I can see coming from Gase and Williams. I don't think anyone feels safe around here. Hopefully that leads to harder work and better results. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only informative move that has happened is the college scout being fired since it seems to indicate they know who their hiring for GM and how they want to structure the scout team. Besides, even if they don't know for sure, the chances that scouts stick around normally would be pretty low because a GM presumably wants his own people so who really cares.

Lee was obviously having no future here and it was kind of understood the team was trying to move him. Leggett hasn't shown much when he's been healthy despite the flaming hole we've had at receiving TE since basically Dustin Keller.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys coached against the Jets 6 times, seen tons of film, seen what kind of shape the players are in when they come to OTA's, and what kind of attitude they have, Fire away

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

 I mean can anything he has done be thought of anything other than filler moves? Its like he got thos title and just wants to make moves even if they aren't  really going to have impact. 

Have another cup of coffee.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at it this way. The people running this team for the last 5 years have not performed. Do they deserve or have earned job security? The answer is no. So yes everyone should be on notice. You don't like it? Too bad.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, section314 said:

I look at it this way.....Gase likes to get rid of people that will prevent the Jets from being successful.

Idk about that there is no proof of this. Idk if this is an axe to grind I am blah about the moves but they need a gm so he can just concentrate on Sam which was what he was brought in to do

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rammagen said:

Idk about that there is no proof of this. Idk if this is an axe to grind I am blah about the moves but they need a gm so he can just concentrate on Sam which was what he was brought in to do

I totally agree with you on this,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Look at it this way. The people running this team for the last 5 years have not performed. Do they deserve or have earned job security? The answer is no. So yes everyone should be on notice. You don't like it? Too bad.

 

Dude, did someone piss in your coffee this morning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

 I mean can anything he has done be thought of anything other than filler moves? Its like he got thos title and just wants to make moves even if they aren't  really going to have impact. 

He gets rid of the bad and weak. Mac especially.. What a horrible gm, I don’t think many new HCs could have pulled off forcing the slow Johnson bros to rid of the Mac cancer so easily. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tkiss24 said:

People should and need to feel uncomfortable at Florham Park. No one in that building had done enough to deserve anything otherwise


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, did someone piss in your coffee this morning?

Dude is it not the truth? If you had gotten the same results at your job as those running this team would you still be employed? Would you have lasted 5 yrs?  Not if you worked for me you wouldn't have. Now go get your shine box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

 I mean can anything he has done be thought of anything other than filler moves? Its like he got thos title and just wants to make moves even if they aren't  really going to have impact. 

20190522_142531.thumb.jpg.7c5a2b306092b2e15ada6d1b5c834e13.jpg

You're fired. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love it....  Keep kicking people out of the building.  The bigger question in my mind is this:  Does Gase have the authority to fire the Johnsons?  If not how about the Wilpons?  Id be ecstatic if he would do me just this one service.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if he likes firing people in the sense that he gets off on it.

But he's unquestionably a control freak and ego-maniac who wants every little thing done his way and will dump anyone who doesn't get in line.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He gets rid of the bad and weak. Mac especially.. What a horrible gm, I don’t think many new HCs could have pulled off forcing the slow Johnson bros to rid of the Mac cancer so easily. 

Honestly, I don't  believe for a minute that CJ fired Mac because Gase was whispering in his ear. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the hell has Gase ever done to deserve this kind of power. Cmon. He's an ego maniac control freak who's going to alienate a lot of people around him. He wore out his welcome in Miami, and he's going to do it here.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, genot said:

What the hell has Gase ever done to deserve this kind of power. Cmon. He's an ego maniac control freak who's going to alienate a lot of people around him. He wore out his welcome in Miami, and he's going to do it here.

I don't think so, I have a good feeling about the Jets don't know why, maybe because he has a QB to work with and Williams taking care of the other side of the house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Dude is it not the truth? If you had gotten the same results at your job as those running this team would you still be employed? Would you have lasted 5 yrs?  Not if you worked for me you wouldn't have. Now go get your shine box.

See, it's  those closing remarks I'm referring to. Now go get your shine box? You don't  like it too bad? And I was not even referring to Mac who Gase did not fire. I mean was Leggett  bad at his job for 5 years, was the scout? I think Lee was nad for 3 years but he was traded, not fired. 

You are so wound up you are not even commenting on what I posted about.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Apache 51 said:

I don't think so, I have a good feeling about the Jets don't know why, maybe because he has a QB to work with and Williams taking care of the other side of the house.

I had a good feeling about the Jet's two weeks ago. So did alot of other people around the league. Players were tweeting about what we had done in free agency. Last week. Silence.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, I don't  believe for a minute that CJ fired Mac because Gase was whispering in his ear. 

Lol ok, so What’s your minority opinion ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Granted, Gase is a bull in a china shop however how do you think he would have dealt with fat Revis, guys late or missing meetings, self promo in the media etc. Notice how Presmal has stfu?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...