Dolphins DT Kendrick Norton has arm amputated and in critical condition after a car crash in Miami

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dolphins-kendrick-norton-car-crash... Terrible News, Godspeed young man.

Miami Dolphins defensive lineman Kendrick Norton reportedly has arm amputated after serious car crash

Miami Dolphins defensive lineman Kendrick Norton was involved in a serious car crash Thursday and reportedly had to have his arm amputated as a result.

The Dolphins announced Norton was involved in the crash. Multiple sources told Florida radio host Andy Slater that Norton had to have his left arm amputated at the scene of the wreck.

We were made aware this morning of a serious car accident involving Kendrick Norton. Our thoughts and prayers are with Kendrick and his family during this time.

Norton, 22, was in critical condition but was expected to survive, sources told the Sun Sentinel. However, the crash is reportedly expected to end his playing career.

The Carolina Panthers selected Norton in the seventh round of the 2018 draft. He did not play in a game for the Panthers during the season.

Norton bounced around from the Panthers’ main roster and the practice squad before the Dolphins claimed him. He was expected to compete to make the Dolphins roster during training camp, according to the newspaper.

Norton played college football with the Miami Hurricanes. In three seasons, he recorded five sacks and 84 total tackles.

I hate hearing stuff like this. Yes he's a football player but it could be any man. I have four children. I cringe at the thought of anything like this. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Don't involve yourself in BS. You never know what's going to happen.  SMH

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

I read this morning that he was cut off by another car. Hope they find the guy.

That's an update from last night, which made it sound like a single-car accident:

.Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Alex Camacho said the Ford F250 Norton was driving crashed into a concrete barrier and overturned early Thursday on State Road 836 near Miami. 

This is the first I've heard of a second car, and +1, if that's the case, I too hope they find the driver who caused it.  And would be glad this isn't a case of the player driving drunk.

Just read in the Sun Sentinel that the other car involved was a 2015 grey Maserati. The Maserati only had minor damage and the driver was unhurt.

There were 2 others injured in Norton's truck but the injuries are not as serious as his.

Drunk driving, fell asleep at wheel or victim of someone else?
No reporting on cause as yet?

From what I’ve read he was cut off in traffic by another motorist that caused his car to flip over