what is the best inside joke in JN history??

Best inside joke in JN history?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. what is the best "inside Joke" in JN history?

• Pig is ripe for the slaughter
    • Bowling ball with Butcher Knives
    • Sign this beast

13 minutes ago, thshadow said:

At great personal risk to myself that Max might ban me for trying to lure people to another Jets website, here is the powershot thread, preserved in its entirety:

https://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/threads/135912-Can-anyone-take-a-full-powershot-from-me

I can assure you that Max would want nothing more than for people to go gaze upon the smoking Hiroshima-like wreckage of what was JetsInsider, if only to witness the raw power in his menacing fingertips. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

An inside joke is defined as a joke that is "shared exclusively by a small group of people".

I'm not sure any of these are "inside jokes", we all know what they mean and all have used them at some point in time...whether it was on JN, JI or the Hampur.

A real inside joke is "It burns!" 

Only @TomShane and @kelly know what that means.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

At great personal risk to myself that Max might ban me for trying to lure people to another Jets website, here is the powershot thread, preserved in its entirety:
https://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/threads/135912-Can-anyone-take-a-full-powershot-from-me

DUDEEEEEE ... HOLY $h*T!

I’d forgotten all of the details on that from back in the day

OMG ... Crying my f*cking eyes out!

I don’t know if i can even get past page 1 ... i’m weezing and can’t inhale because i’m laughing too hard!

?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Sorry if I'm late and yes it was on J.I. but has anybody mentioned the Bongo thread? Not so much of an inside joke but definitely Epic! I believe that was where somebody coined the term..Justin Mc Craphands.. that's always been my favorite LMFAO

I'm glad I'm not the only one that instantly landed back in JI when they opened this thread. I love JN, but when it comes to off topic and inside jokes, nothing beats JI in its heyday. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Sorry if I'm late and yes it was on J.I. but has anybody mentioned the Bongo thread? Not so much of an inside joke but definitely Epic! I believe that was where somebody coined the term..Justin Mc Craphands.. that's always been my favorite LMFAO

One of the best threads of all time.

Bongopalooza!  A 7 team trade that the nets the Jets both Matt Leinart AND Reggie Bush.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He needed a ride to the stadium....possibly.

Which was rockin'. 

I've been reminiscing and laughing to myself for 20 minutes. Ever go back through those threads? Man, good times. Anyone who sincerely complains about SAR needs to spend time with the divorce thread and see his softer side 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2019 at 2:12 PM, Maxman said:

Yeah that didn't start here, that was on ji.

I mean we did put them out of business so maybe the intellectual property now belongs to us. Let's error on the side of caution though and let them have it.  :)

I know it wasn’t an inside joke per se, but putting JI out of business may be the greatest inside joke here of all time 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lizard King said:

I know it wasn’t an inside joke per se, but putting JI out of business may be the greatest inside joke here of all time 

True.

It actually was a joke. I told Scout to buy them. They fell for it. End of story.  :)

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha!  Awesome.  I'm in there....from a decade ago.

JI getting more hits over the last two days than the past two years. They might be requesting an email update soon.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha!  Awesome.  I'm in there....from a decade ago.

JS OT But we had that beer, wine , booze thread going for a while at the old place. Just wanted to let you know that LaCumbre is now available in your neck of the woods. Best brewer ever.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RobR said:

JS OT But we had that beer, wine , booze thread going for a while at the old place. Just wanted to let you know that LaCumbre is now available in your neck of the woods. Best brewer ever.

No reason we can't start one in the Lounge here....unless maybe there's already one buried somewhere that could be bumped?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

No reason we can't start one in the Lounge here....unless maybe there's already one buried somewhere that could be bumped?

I just checked the lounge here and it's well....kinda boring Maybe a good booze thread could get more participation, especially with the Jets season upon us.  

35 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Please feel free to start a booze thread. If you wanna start individual bourbon, tequila, and gin threads, I'll contribute to all of them. I have strong opinions and a stronger liver. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slats said:

Please feel free to start a booze thread. If you wanna start individual bourbon, tequila, and gin threads, I'll contribute to all of them. I have strong opinions and a stronger liver. 

Just did. It's open for any alcoholic beverage and even Fresca lovers.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I've been banned from better garage sales.

Oh man you just brought back memories. My dad and I used to trawl garage sales looking for baseball cards. The strategy was to get the mother isolated and me (10 years old), to ask innocently, “hello ma’am. I really like baseball. Any chance you have some baseball cards taking up space?”

Once she said “yes my son has some but he is at soccer practice let me check.” 

A $1 Babe Ruth later my dad is peeling out of the driveway.

25 minutes ago, jgb said:

Oh man you just brought back memories. My dad and I used to trawl garage sales looking for baseball cards. The strategy was to get the mother isolated and me (10 years old), to ask innocently, “hello ma’am. I really like baseball. Any chance you have some baseball cards taking up space?”

Once she said “yes my son has some but he is at soccer practice let me check.” 

A $1 Babe Ruth later my dad is peeling out of the driveway.

darksider indeed