Jump to content

Polite is a bust


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe there was a reason no other teams wanted him. Thanks Macc https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2019/08/02/jets-waiting-for-jachai-polite-to-seize-an-opportunity/amp/

This thread is a bust.

All I was expecting from him was situational pass rusher, 25 reps a game  lets give these guys more than 10 practices before getting hysterical, ok?

Posted Images

Very surprised to hear the world's fattest 230 lb linebacker is having trouble getting the edge against third string camp-body OLmen. I thought for sure we were getting that wrecking ball player I saw on youtube absolutely dominating Prairie View A&M

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 8
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Things will all be different when he gets into preseason games. For one, he won't be going against future hall of fame tackle [Googles "jets depth chart offensive tackle third string possibly cut last week I'm not sure] Eric Smith.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 6 of training camp - 3 days with pads, and we should declare this guy a bust?

I get it, we are all starved for football, we overreact to a single reception or "win in a 1-1"  in training camp but calling someone as talented as Polite a bust on August 2nd is beyond ridiculous.  Lets hope GW is making him earn every rep and that he plays 2 quarters vs the Giants next week with his a$$ on fire

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Very surprised to hear the world's fattest 230 lb linebacker is having trouble getting the edge against third string camp-body OLmen. I thought for sure we were getting that wrecking ball player I saw on youtube absolutely dominating Prairie View A&M

He should employ Pac to do a PR disinformation campaign.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Day 6 of training camp - 3 days with pads, and we should declare this guy a bust?

I get it, we are all starved for football, we overreact to a single reception or "win in a 1-1"  in training camp but calling someone as talented as Polite a bust on August 2nd is beyond ridiculous.  Lets hope GW is making him earn every rep and that he plays 2 quarters vs the Giants next week with his a$$ on fire

I love getting JN members all riled up during this boring period. I can't wait fro Aug. 8!

  • Thumb Down 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beerfish said:

Oh come on way too early to say he is bad I mean look at Nathan Shepherd.....no really look for him he is the biggest where's waldo in creation.

True story: I completely forgot about Nathan Shepherd.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from the idiocy of this thread, it does bring to light a legit point about how do you handle someone like Polite as far as reps.

1.  He's a rookie

2.  He's got public baggage that the other players know

3. You can't show much more than effort in shells and a few days of pads.

4. At the same time, he needs reps to get better and his upside is higher then someone like Copeland (who I like) but who is currently better then Polite, but has a lower ceiling and probably should be forced to have less reps.

5. If  you cut Copeland's reps to give Polite more, does that send a bad message to the rest of the team?

This stuff isnt easy and definitely isnt figured out today.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

So now we wait before even a preseason game to declare a draft pick a bust?  Ok then.  Also people who hate Macc seem to talk about him even more now that he is gone...very strange lol

Welcome to the Jets. If a guy can’t produce in practice in shorts compared to the week at CB corps in NF— HE IS A BUM.

Bust city.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Larz said:

All I was expecting from him was situational pass rusher, 25 reps a game 

lets give these guys more than 10 practices before getting hysterical, ok?

Situational player for a third round pick in weakest CB corps in league?

Stockholm syndrome.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Situational player for a third round pick in weakest CB corps in league?

Stockholm syndrome.

Danielle Hunter, a former 3rd round pick started 1 game as a rookie and played as a situational pass rusher, finishing with 6 sack.

He's had 12, 7 and 14 sacks in each of the last 3 seasons as a starter.  So is situational pass rusher bad as a rookie?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Danielle Hunter, a former 3rd round pick started 1 game as a rookie and played as a situational pass rusher, finishing with 6 sack.

He's had 12, 7 and 14 sacks in each of the last 3 seasons as a starter.  So is situational pass rusher bad as a rookie?

This Danielle Hunter?

danielle.PNG

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Very surprised to hear the world's fattest 230 lb linebacker is having trouble getting the edge against third string camp-body OLmen. I thought for sure we were getting that wrecking ball player I saw on youtube absolutely dominating Prairie View A&M

I’m just gonna fact check you here... he’s the fattest 235 lbs linebacker. And he dominated Colorado State University... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...