Polite is a bust

Day 6 of training camp - 3 days with pads, and we should declare this guy a bust?

I get it, we are all starved for football, we overreact to a single reception or "win in a 1-1"  in training camp but calling someone as talented as Polite a bust on August 2nd is beyond ridiculous.  Lets hope GW is making him earn every rep and that he plays 2 quarters vs the Giants next week with his a$$ on fire

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Very surprised to hear the world's fattest 230 lb linebacker is having trouble getting the edge against third string camp-body OLmen. I thought for sure we were getting that wrecking ball player I saw on youtube absolutely dominating Prairie View A&M

He should employ Pac to do a PR disinformation campaign.

25 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Day 6 of training camp - 3 days with pads, and we should declare this guy a bust?

I get it, we are all starved for football, we overreact to a single reception or "win in a 1-1"  in training camp but calling someone as talented as Polite a bust on August 2nd is beyond ridiculous.  Lets hope GW is making him earn every rep and that he plays 2 quarters vs the Giants next week with his a$$ on fire

I love getting JN members all riled up during this boring period. I can't wait fro Aug. 8!

• Thumb Down 4

Aside from the idiocy of this thread, it does bring to light a legit point about how do you handle someone like Polite as far as reps.

1.  He's a rookie

2.  He's got public baggage that the other players know

3. You can't show much more than effort in shells and a few days of pads.

4. At the same time, he needs reps to get better and his upside is higher then someone like Copeland (who I like) but who is currently better then Polite, but has a lower ceiling and probably should be forced to have less reps.

5. If  you cut Copeland's reps to give Polite more, does that send a bad message to the rest of the team?

This stuff isnt easy and definitely isnt figured out today.

• WTF? 1

58 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

So now we wait before even a preseason game to declare a draft pick a bust?  Ok then.  Also people who hate Macc seem to talk about him even more now that he is gone...very strange lol

Welcome to the Jets. If a guy can’t produce in practice in shorts compared to the week at CB corps in NF— HE IS A BUM.

Bust city.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

All I was expecting from him was situational pass rusher, 25 reps a game 

lets give these guys more than 10 practices before getting hysterical, ok?

Situational player for a third round pick in weakest CB corps in league?

Stockholm syndrome.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Situational player for a third round pick in weakest CB corps in league?

Stockholm syndrome.

Danielle Hunter, a former 3rd round pick started 1 game as a rookie and played as a situational pass rusher, finishing with 6 sack.

He's had 12, 7 and 14 sacks in each of the last 3 seasons as a starter.  So is situational pass rusher bad as a rookie?

5 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Danielle Hunter, a former 3rd round pick started 1 game as a rookie and played as a situational pass rusher, finishing with 6 sack.

He's had 12, 7 and 14 sacks in each of the last 3 seasons as a starter.  So is situational pass rusher bad as a rookie?

This Danielle Hunter?

danielle.PNG

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Very surprised to hear the world's fattest 230 lb linebacker is having trouble getting the edge against third string camp-body OLmen. I thought for sure we were getting that wrecking ball player I saw on youtube absolutely dominating Prairie View A&M

I’m just gonna fact check you here... he’s the fattest 235 lbs linebacker. And he dominated Colorado State University... 

• Sympathy 1