Polite is a bust

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

he is probably getting held a lot more and has to learn how to deal with it

Possibly, but KRL mentioned that he looked better in individual drills than team drills and that he seemed to be thinking rather than reacting 

He might have more responsibility and just needs time to learn 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Agree. He was my favorite player after the obvious round 1 guys

46 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Agree. He was my favorite player after the obvious round 1 guys

Another guy your going to regret not drafting is Maxx Crosby ( fourth rounder) MADD MAxx or Killa Vanilla  some call him.  See him as Jared Allen type.    

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

FWIW, I believe both KRL and another reliable twitter guy both reported Polite picking up a couple of pressures and sacks during TC, so take Costello's article with a grain of salt. 

Costello is like Manish another Macagnan suckup who is still mad Bowles got fired

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

For record dude has had sack I believe the past 3 days . Including a nice strip sack where he put on sweet spin move to get it from what Nimbley reported ..

Melvin Ingram absolutely sucked his first 2 years in the nfl he would have been butchered by this fan base and the media yet now everyone pretends they wanted him over Quinton Coples

True story: I completely forgot about Nathan Shepherd.

Nathan Shepherd was proof that Sam Darnold was the luckiest event in the history of the Jets.

“We just got our franchise QB! What do we take with our next pick to help him? OL? WR?”

“No, we of course take a 26-year old project DT.”

“...........”
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I agree the kid has every single red flag he could have and that includes being drafted by Mike “ rush what?” Mac. But honestly I find it hard to believe anyone expected him to come in and blow camp up right away. Hopefully he gets motivated by getting pushed around by 2nd and 3rd stringers and decides to prove himself . I think the physical gifts are there but mentally he’s proved to be miles and miles away.  You are certainly playing the odds on the house side calling him a bust. Up to him to prove  you wrong. 

This is the longest post I’ve seen you make maybe ever. Well said.

Did you stop halfway through for a meal/nap?
  • Upvote 1

Well, what can you say? He looks like just another Mac special. A guy who Mac thinks is wonderful and drafts him only to find out he sucks. How many times have we seen that from Mac's picks? This shouldn't come as any surprise to anyone here. Isn't this the very reason why he got fired?

This game is all about talent and your GM must know how to secure it. Hopefully, Douglas might actually know what he's doing.

• Thumb Down 2

while i certainly agree it's too early to claim he's a bust but he sure has all the earmarks of a typical mac diamond in the rough reach.  we've seen this play out for too long.  true enough that we won't have mac to kick around any longer but his legacy will at least last another season.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1