What is JD Doing?

Skeptable

14 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

no big deal. you just made up some stupid story based on your ignorance, but instead of owning up, doubled down. which is the sign of either a liar, or a fool.

Pardon me but you were the first person to tell me he had retired for more than one season and my response was that actually makes it worse. What was I supposed to say, the fact that he was retired for more than a year makes it all perfectly acceptable our GM signed a player who was out out of shape and out of football?

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Pardon me but you were the first person to tell me he had retired for more than one season and my response was that actually makes it worse. What was I supposed to say, the fact that he was retired for more than a year makes it all perfectly acceptable our GM signed a player who was out out of shape and out of football?

here's the deal. BEFORE last year, he decided that LAST YEAR would be his LAST year. He played last year.

he basically retired and unretired in the offseason tho the decision for the former was made BEFORE last year.

sorry for my saltiness. 

39 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The kicker situation I’ll give blame to Douglas for.  There should have been a better response to that.   But who are these starting caliber CBs that are waiting to signed?  Who, at this point in the season is going improve this roster that much?   Right now the team is pretty much set.  The time to have made upgrades to this roster was in March and April.  You can’t mandate a new GM remake this roster in September.  

Jaguars have no chance of competing for a playoff spot. They must know that. A. J. Bouye. Wouldn't hurt to call. maybe he did??Just a thought

54 minutes ago, genot said:

Yes. I do. The problem i have with your line of thinking is that the draft is a science of some sort. Douglas could draft a corner in the 1st rd, and he could bust. It's a crap shoot, it always will be. Im not saying the draft isn't the most important part of building a quality roster. The question is how do you look at the defense. Are we multiple players away from a real good d. Or would one or two players of quality complete the roster on defense.

My line of thinking isn't that the draft is a science.  My line of thinking is that trading for a player costs money, draft picks, and you get a guy who's older.  So, yes, you may be more likely to succeed on a case by case basis, but that doesn't mean overall it's a good strategy.  And the results across the league prove this.

And, no, we are not a #1 CB away from a good defense.  We're probably 3 CBs and an OLB away from a good defense.  We're also about 4-5 guys away from a good offense, so, basically, we need resources.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

here's the deal. BEFORE last year, he decided that LAST YEAR would be his LAST year. He played last year.

he basically retired and unretired in the offseason tho the decision for the former was made BEFORE last year.

sorry for my saltiness. 

OK, but I still don't see how any of this would alter the point I made. Did you see Gronk before the Pats game? He looked like a normal guy you would pass in the street. That is what happens when you don't workout in the offseason. I'm pretty sure Kahlil was not working out all off season on the hope that Mac would get fired and Joe Douglas would be knocking on his door to give him a contract. This was the whole basis of what I was saying, we signed anb out of shape guy who had not been practicing in the middle of camp. 

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

So, what is your solution?  To trade away 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round picks right now?

"A false dilemma is a type of informal fallacy in which something is falsely claimed to be an "either/or" situation, when in fact there is at least one additional option."

Asking what my solution is now, with the off season over, is a bit late.  Most of my solutions would have happened (and were stated) during the off season.  They include not hiring Gase, not drafting QW, not drafting Polite, not letting our kicker go to Seattle, and other things.

I don't have to have a perfect solution now, today, to be critical of the product they put on the field on Sunday.

• Post of the Week 3

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"A false dilemma is a type of informal fallacy in which something is falsely claimed to be an "either/or" situation, when in fact there is at least one additional option."

Asking what my solution is now, with the off season over, is a bit late.  Most of my solutions would have happened (and were stated) during the off season.  They include not hiring Gase, not drafting QW, not letting our kicker go to Seatle, and other things.

I don;t have to have a perfect solution now, today, to be criticial of the product they put on the field on Sunday.

I agree with all of those things.  And the rest of us calling this team 'out of contention' this year do as well.

However, keeping the kicker, drafting Ed Oliver (I don't believe a trade down was happening and there was no value in offense there, unfortunately), and not hiring Gase may make us 1-0 when spotted 4 turnovers.  It doesn't make us a contender in 2019.

And, I wasn't questioning your right to be critical of the product.  That's not what I responded to.  I responded to you commenting on Jets Fans "giving up on the season" at week 2.

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

OK, but I still don't see how any of this would alter the point I made. Did you see Gronk before the Pats game? He looked like a normal guy you would pass in the street. That is what happens when you don't workout in the offseason. I'm pretty sure Kahlil was not working out all off season on the hope that Mac would get fired and Joe Douglas would be knocking on his door to give him a contract. This was the whole basis of what I was saying, we signed anb out of shape guy who had not been practicing in the middle of camp. 

your ignorance knows no bounds. "I'm pretty sure" based on your ignorance only. you keep doubling down on your own made up sh*t and...     you should just stfu

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2019/08/03/jets-ryan-kalil-why-he-unretired-i-had-hard-time-moving-on/1898202001/

" It started with that itch in March, when he started working out and was feeling good. It grew as he began lifting weights in April, and by June, he he was running through 6 a.m. workouts at his alma mater, USC."

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

your ignorance knows no bounds. "I'm pretty sure" based on your ignorance only. you keep doubling down on your own made up sh*t and...     you should just stfu

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2019/08/03/jets-ryan-kalil-why-he-unretired-i-had-hard-time-moving-on/1898202001/

" It started with that itch in March, when he started working out and was feeling good. It grew as he began lifting weights in April, and by June, he he was running through 6 a.m. workouts at his alma mater, USC."

Ok, fine. He worked out. Great pick up

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not me.  I didn't want to pay Q and also wanted to trade Robby Anderson and people screamed at me.  

To be fair, Crowder looks good and things will get better with Herndon back.  

Completely agree with you about Q, but to be fair about Robby, if Sam gives him an accurate ball, we are probably talking about a game winning TD catch 

6 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Not a peep... 

Where is Brandon Marshall... It was apparent when Mosley went down there was nothing behind him? 

Where is Scandrick... Roberts looks as bad as we thought he would look. 

Where is Parkey, Martin, etc etc... Get a Kicker

Where is Pierre garcon... They need another WR that knows how to run routes

I was all for this regime but the Jets need ball players... 

Best I can tell,today JD today has been busy: signing a new kicker, dealing with the suspension of one of his DTs and trading for a WR.

Hope this answers your question.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Losmeister said:

way to earn up to your fabricated schitt talking know nothing takes...  

Look, if you want to believe I am lying about this, at this point I feel there is very little I can say to make you feel different. The reason I said what I did was I saw an interview with him where he told the reporter that I'm not in football shape, hence he is not in shape to be in the NFL. 

Take as you like it but this is not fabricated. 

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Look, if you want to believe I am lying about this, at this point I feel there is very little I can say to make you feel different. The reason I said what I did was I saw an interview with him where he told the reporter that I'm not in football shape, hence he is not in shape to be in the NFL. 

Take as you like it but this is not fabricated. 

how much back tracking can you do?

1) he didnt play last year.  FALSE

2) he was retired for more than 1 yr. FALSE

2) he wasnt working out. FALSE

already said we wont know if hes bettern last year til down the line...  no problem.

but when you simply MAKE sh*t UP i am always gonna tell you to STFU

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, genot said:

I think this pair,[Gase and Douglass], don't deserve any honeymoon period, considering how this pair came into existence here. This has Nothing to do with Mac, or the job he did as GM, it has to do with how he was let go and under what circumstances. I don't think, we really know the answers to that. Probably never will. Not to toot my own horn here, but i've been saying this for months. Im not judging anything on one game. That would be ridiculous. I am concerned though, considering Gase's past history with MANY of his players in Miami.

Good for you .

You can believe the earth is flat and we didnt land on the moon.  Doesnt change the fact that one, they get a honeymoon.  Two, you have to really have no understanding if you want to blame JD when he took over as GM as late into the offseason as he did.  And three, ITS ONE WEEK, ONE!

26 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

how much back tracking can you do?

1) he didnt play last year.  FALSE

2) he was retired for more than 1 yr. FALSE

2) he wasnt working out. FALSE

already said we wont know if hes bettern last year til down the line...  no problem.

but when you simply MAKE sh*t UP i am always gonna tell you to STFU

Here is your op to me 

dont know wtf you are talking about. Kalil decided to retire BEFORE last season..  but ya know, carry on with yor fiction

So tell me if that doesn't  sound like he didn't  play last season. People who decide to retire before a season starts normally don't play. So the information that he was retired for more than a year was gotten from you. If I misinterpreted  what you were saying, that is fine, but I would say you did a piss poor job of making a point. 

As far as being in shape, he said in an interview he was not in football shape. I assumed that meant he was not working out. You presented an article that said he was.i had not seen this article but when someone says I'm not in football shape it normally means he has not been involved in the type of work that needs to be put in to be in the NFL or your not physically in shape to play. 

God forbid you come back and realise this was a misunderstanding instead of calling me a liar again. 

4 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Do you think that other organizations after a loss like that, seeing the inept ability for the defense to hold up after one player goes down or has a kicker that can't make a extra point wouldn't be trying out LBs and Kickers? 

This mess started with Mac, but 3+ months later and here we are... No kicker... and a defense that can't function without its highest priced FA.

Not to mention the fact that WR were running bad routes, and couldn't get open.

And a C that was a revolving door all night... 

Put people on notice. 

Don't let this be acceptable. 

The attitude of the whole organization needs to change or the Jets will be losers forever.

I think every other org would do exactly what the Jets are doing, a lot of what happened to the D was Mosley and QW went out.  Once QW & Mosley went down, the pressure on JA went away and the run D up the middle.  

And one more time, ITS ONE WEEK. 

Lose a game like this mid season, it sucks.  Lose a game like this in the opener and things like post callimg for the Jets to hold LB tryouts come out.  Whos out there and what happens when Mosley is back?  

Voice of Reason wants to change LBs, WRs, C, and who knows what else off the waiver wire?