Jets Cut Fales......

September 23,2019

Jets cut David Fales to sign Vyncint Smith

Posted by Charean Williams on September 23, 2019, 4:26 PM EDT
Getty Images

The Jets needed a roster spot after signing receiver Vyncint Smith off the Texans’ practice squad. They made room for Smith by releasing quarterback David Fales, the team announced Monday.

Fales signed with the Jets last week after Trevor Siemian injured his ankle and with Sam Darnoldstill recovering from mono. 

He was active Sunday but did not see action.

Fales spent the past two seasons with the Dolphins. He also played for the Bears when Adam Gase was Chicago’s offensive coordinator. Fales was in camp with the Lions this summer.

Fales has appeared in three regular season games and has completed 31-of-48 passes for 287 yards, a touchdown and an interception.

This is another example of how stupid the Jets can be.

If the Jets wanted to salvage their season and preserve Darnold their FQB, I would have:

• Put Darnold on IR, allowing him to come back after week 8.
  • Allow Darnold to get healthy and recover.
  • Sign Fales/Osweiler, Falk and White to give them the best chance to compete in weeks 5-8.
  • Sort it all out when Darnold returns (they already lost Siemian).

As it looks to me, they are heading down to Philadelphia with Falk and potentially White, while having Darnold use a roster spot.   Herndon and Copeland are returning soon. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

If the Jets wanted to salvage their season and preserve Darnold their FQB, I would have:

• Sign Fales/Osweiler, Falk and White to give them the best chance to compete in weeks 5-8.

As it looks to me, they are heading down to Philadelphia with Falk and potentially White, while having Darnold use a roster spot.   Herndon and Copeland are returning soon. 

Idiotic, Darnold might be ready this week and if not will certainly be ready for Dallas. He says he feels 100%- there is nothing to recover from. It’s just about his spleen being a certain size. The second he is cleared he is golden. Why would we flush 2 games down the drain for a roster spot?

13 minutes ago, varjet said:

Sam will play Sunday- because he’s not a Mary. ??. You heard it hear first.

16 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Idiotic, Darnold might be ready this week and if not will certainly be ready for Dallas. He says he feels 100%- there is nothing to recover from. It’s just about his spleen being a certain size. The second he is cleared he is golden. Why would we flush 2 games down the drain for a roster spot?

We shall see when he comes back and how fit he is.  

This is not like going back to class at Nassau Community College.  He is a world-class athlete playing behind a dysfunctional offensive line, who is recovering from a serious illness.  For every week you don’t train it takes at least a half a week to recover and get back into shape.  

If he returns before week 8 and looks like the Darnold from the end of last year, I will stand corrected.  If not on either count, I was correct.  

I would like this to workout for everyone, but have seen too much stupidity from this team to have any faith in the process. 

1 hour ago, varjet said:

We shall see when he comes back and how fit he is.  

This is not like going back to class at Nassau Community College.  He is a world-class athlete playing behind a dysfunctional offensive line, who is recovering from a serious illness.  For every week you don’t train it takes at least a half a week to recover and get back into shape.  

If he returns before week 8 and looks like the Darnold from the end of last year, I will stand corrected.  If not on either count, I was correct.  

I would like this to workout for everyone, but have seen too much stupidity from this team to have any faith in the process. 

Nonsense. Does drew Brees need a few weeks after this thumb is healed to get back in playing shape? Absurdity 

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Nonsense. Does drew Brees need a few weeks after this thumb is healed to get back in playing shape? Absurdity 

When players hurt their upper body, they continue to run, bike, etc.  

Darnold was in bed.

Let’s see how this goes.