Has anyone seen or heard from Joe Douglas ?

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I mean, if we’re being honest, it’s no worse than, like, eighth

I've got it at #2

1) the day Favre was signed which most importantly signaled Pennington getting cut

2) Mac getting canned 

77) SBIII

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Should the fan base be confident that Gase/Douglas is an improvement from Bowles/Mac? It’s early, but the structure/dynamic feels the same. 

Douglas the GM hasn't even had a chance to run 1 off season, or conduct 1 draft.  What great in season moves are there to be done?   There isn't a ton of moves for a GM to do during the season other than evaluate other players and his own to target people in the off season.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Douglas the GM hasn't even had a chance to run 1 off season, or conduct 1 draft.  What great in season moves are there to be done?   There isn't a ton of moves for a GM to do during the season other than evaluate other players and his own to target people in the off season.

Really?  Because the moves he has made so far (Vedvik, Kalil, DT) have all been horrible 

12 hours ago, CTM said:

No closely but from what I've seen I think he should've paced himself a bit

The lawsuit highlighted Postle’s "absurdly high win rate," which they said was more than six times what some of the top players expect to earn.  This smells like a Patriots thing.....and yeah, I wish the Jets had a problem with an absurdly high win rate at some point!

17 hours ago, CTM said:

No closely but from what I've seen I think he should've paced himself a bit

Well, duh. I wanted to see if you know anything about RFID specifically wrt the two hands where the reader ostensibly had his hand wrong, particularly where he probably folded 88 for the underfull.

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The lawsuit highlighted Postle’s "absurdly high win rate," which they said was more than six times what some of the top players expect to earn.  This smells like a Patriots thing.....and yeah, I wish the Jets had a problem with an absurdly high win rate at some point!

The Patriots have won 6 super bowls in the last 20 years. This would be like winning 21.

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Really?  Because the moves he has made so far (Vedvik, Kalil, DT) have all been horrible 

Kalil was a chance we took on that didn't pan out. Vedvik was a bust, but finding a kicker after Catn (blame Mac here for signing him over Myers) retired was like playing musical chairs.

How has DT been horrible? Disagree there.

• Upvote 2

On 10/9/2019 at 2:56 PM, joewilly12 said:

So instead you put your franchise QB on the field with all this sh*t and get him killed. 

Calm down, buddy.

You've followed football long enough to know that any QB drafted high in the first round most likely isn't going to  very good team. You also know that very few teams that bad have a good OL.

Darnold will have to do what every other young QB like him has to do. Go out there, take a few hits, learn the game on the NFL level the hard way. There are no short cuts, you can't coddle him.

It's his second year, the kid needs to get out there and start producing, or at least start showing he will someday soon. He's already missed 3 games, this season is shot. There's not much left except watching him to see who he is.

Lets stop whining (not saying you) that we're worried he's going to get killed by the OL, or that we should keep him out the whole year until JD "fixes things". Again, it's his second year, and we're into the seasons 6th week. It's time for him to get going out there. Lets sit back and enjoy watching him actually being out there playing, hopefully that turns into some wins also.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Calm down, buddy.

You've followed football long enough to know that any QB drafted high in the first round most likely isn't going to  very good team. You also know that very few teams that bad have a good OL.

Darnold will have to do what every other young QB like him has to do. Go out there, take a few hits, learn the game on the NFL level the hard way. There are no short cuts, you can't coddle him.

It's his second year, the kid needs to get out there and start producing, or at least start showing he will someday soon. He's already missed 3 games, this season is shot. There's not much left except watching him to see who he is.

Lets stop whining (not saying you) that we're worried he's going to get killed by the OL, or that we should keep him out the whole year until JD "fixes things". Again, it's his second year, and we're into the seasons 6th week. It's time for him to get going out there. Lets sit back and enjoy watching him actually being out there playing, hopefully that turns into some wins also.

Adam Gase needs to figure it all out he had all pre-season to see that the OL sucked we brought in Lewis and McDermott use them if these other guys suck so bad. Frustrating as hell watching Bell one of the top RB's in the NFL struggle here. 0-4 sucks and it takes its toll on everyone. 50 years and counting. Lets hope Sam Darnold can make the NY Jets great again. 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:08 AM, rex-n-effect said:

Unless you want Douglas to come out and be punching bag for the handful of players he brought in there isn't much for him to say. He isn't firing a head coach four games into his first season. He isn't going to throw Gase under the bus. He might say he hasn't had a chance to fix the roster and he is evaluating a plan for the next offseason.

Maccagnan might have been more visible but what did that visibility get us? Nothing of value.

Agree. There isn't much for him to say.

He could do the GM speak stuff "we evaluate every position every week" and "we're going to get it right" but the reality is he inherited this situation. What's he going to do? Take blame for a roster he didn't build? Trash Maccagnan? Bury Gase?

After the season is over he can give more candid thoughts and offer a plan for the future. But Week 5? Not much to talk about.

On 10/9/2019 at 11:35 AM, JiF said:

It is a little bizarre.  I wonder how that played out with Douglas?  He trades for Hairston, in his first action he looks like a clear upgrade from Tru and then the very next game they only play him on ST's after a bye week which you would think would help him learn the D a little more.

I'm sure he lets the coaches decide who plays but I wonder how he felt about the decision? 

I’m sure he discussed all of this with Gase and knows the reason why.

Yheres also the possibility that he was on display because they’re trying to move Tru.  There are rumors to that effect 

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

A K who was drafted, great in one camp not in another, got one game and dumped?  Yeah, kill him

And a no risk signing on a C who has been a pro bowl player.  Horrible damn it

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Kalil was worth a shot.   Dude has nothing left, but at the time I thought it was a decent move to try to help the O Line.

The Thomas trade was dumb.   

The kicker, earlier in the off season people were all over the guy, he was worth a shot.   He just totally crapped his pants.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Agree. There isn't much for him to say.

He could do the GM speak stuff "we evaluate every position every week" and "we're going to get it right" but the reality is he inherited this situation. What's he going to do? Take blame for a roster he didn't build? Trash Maccagnan? Bury Gase?

After the season is over he can give more candid thoughts and offer a plan for the future. But Week 5? Not much to talk about.

Of course there isn’t much to say about the current product- it stinks. No ones evaluating Douglas on this season.

To that point if we’re headed towards the two appearances a year act, like we had with maccagnan while saying nothing of significance then yeah I think the fanbase probably deserves a little bit more. Other GM’s around the league do give some more nuance as it relates to plan, roster build, scouting philosophy etc.Maccagnan was here for 4 seasons and did or said nothing of significance while being kept in hiding. Douglas peeping is head out wouldn’t hurt- the entire fanbase wanted the guy hired based on essentially a league wide endorsement. Maybe the organization should throw a bone and show off their biggest hire in years. Unless there’s just a collective agreement that the HC is the only one responsible for PR during the season.

I think we need a JD bobblehead day at the stadium this way everyone can have him close by, nearby  in their cars on the dashboard and will see him all the time. When you're pissed at him you can throw him, knock his head down his throat, do whatever this way no one complain about not seeing JD anymore. Best way to introduce him to the fans. 

@SAR I  get your Jets people on this. 

Related image

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Of course there isn’t much to say about the current product- it stinks. No ones evaluating Douglas on this season.

To that point if we’re headed towards the two appearances a year act, like we had with maccagnan while saying nothing of significance then yeah I think the fanbase probably deserves a little bit more. Other GM’s around the league do give some more nuance as it relates to plan, roster build, scouting philosophy etc.Maccagnan was here for 4 seasons and did or said nothing of significance while being kept in hiding. Douglas peeping is head out wouldn’t hurt- the entire fanbase wanted the guy hired based on essentially a league wide endorsement. Maybe the organization should throw a bone and show off their biggest hire in years. Unless there’s just a collective agreement that the HC is the only one responsible for PR during the season.

Showing off your GM that was hired after the draft and FA during the middle of the season really isn’t the right time. What’s he gonna speak about? The waiver wire?

Hell, he already did speak about that during training camp I think it was. 

If he speaks now it’s just gonna be fluff either way. Ballard spoke at the end of the quarter and that’s all it was. 

On 10/9/2019 at 3:02 PM, joewilly12 said:

Selling? Hopefully not the franchise RB that took us years to get haven't had one since Curtis Martin or the Safety Jamal Adams that brings it every play and is all heart and soul. 

To actually sell something, it has to have VALUE. Next everyone will be complaining all JD got in trades for our scrubs were 2022 7th rounders.  

19 hours ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Kalil was a chance we took on that didn't pan out. Vedvik was a bust, but finding a kicker after Catn (blame Mac here for signing him over Myers) retired was like playing musical chairs.

How has DT been horrible? Disagree there.

4 catches for 47 yards in 3 games yay