Has anyone seen or heard from Joe Douglas ?

What earth shattering moves do you want him to do right now?

The draft is over, FA is over.   He was hired after both of those.  The Jets have no great assets to sell off.  I guess he should have found a new left tackle and a premium QB in week 3, but he failed at both of those.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

dude is like, "I didn't build this sh*t, see ya next year"

and I don't blame the guy.

Weak and typical. Everyone knows he didnt build the roster. Season has been a total disaster so far- some sense of direction and visibility from the top wouldnt hurt. Gase on the ground taking the bullets while the top office has gone MIA since their 3 month new uniforms victory lap.

• Upvote 2

Unless you want Douglas to come out and be punching bag for the handful of players he brought in there isn't much for him to say. He isn't firing a head coach four games into his first season. He isn't going to throw Gase under the bus. He might say he hasn't had a chance to fix the roster and he is evaluating a plan for the next offseason.

Maccagnan might have been more visible but what did that visibility get us? Nothing of value.

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Yea, he called me yesterday and asked if I had a good meatball recipe. 

• Difficulty
    easy
  • Cooking time
    less than 15 minutes
  • Serves
    serves 4

Ingredients

• extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 onion, very finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
  • 800g freshly minced chuck steak
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley

Makes 4 hamburgers / 12 meatballs / 20 tiny meatballs

1. Heat a splash of oil in a small frying pan over low heat and fry the onion and garlic, covered, very gently for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft. Allow to cool completely.
  2. Put the cold onion mixture into a bowl with the minced beef, salt and parsley. Work this together very, very thoroughly. Hands are the best tools for this. The mixture will feel a little sticky. Form into 4, 12 or 20 balls, depending on what you want to do next.
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, freestater said:

The one singular thing I want to hear from Joe Douglas is; "We have just completed a trade for Trent Williams." 

That's about the only squandering of future assets that I want Joe Douglas doing in October. 

Makes too much sense for it not to happen before the deadline.

I know that Williams has some injury concerns, but if he’s healthy he’s still arguably the best LT in football.

Would provide blindside protection for Darnold and help open up running lanes for Bell. Cherry on top, it allows us to bypass taking a LT in the 1st round so we can nab a wideout like Jeudy/Higgins/etc.

Guy still has at least 3 high quality years left in him. That’s well worth a 3rd round pick.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hold a presser:

1. Say "I hear you fans, we're not good enough, and we're going to fix it.  No excuses, we must fix this".

How is that for a start?

It'd be good.

But half the fans on here would boo him anyway for a BS press conference.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

It'd be good.

But half the fans on here would boo him anyway for a BS press conference.

And?

When you're the man, getting boo'ed comes with the job.  Especially when the team you run is where ours is.

Man up and take ownership of it.  Hiding is.....not a good initial sign.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, chirorob said:

The draft is over, FA is over.   He was hired after both of those.  The Jets have no great assets to sell off.  I guess he should have found a new left tackle and a premium QB in week 3, but he failed at both of those.

And therein lies the issue.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

moves we can blame on Joe Douglas:

1 signing Ryan Kalil... luring this so called great player out of retirement and GIVING him he starting job due to contract. Kalil has played like crap for a month

2 not signing a place kicker. Hes the one who thought Vedvik was a good option for week 1 they lost by a point after a missed XP and FG. Sam Ficken or whatever is fine but he could have done better 

3 the Demarious Thomas trade what a BUM that dude dropped a sure TD last week because THE BALL HIT HIM IN THE HANDS! trading with BB is super dumb

he did make 1 good move the trade for the CB from Indy, that dude is scrappy. 

some Jets fans have this opinion that you can't judge the coach or GM because it's too soon 

that opinion is wrong

open your eyes there are moves or non moves being made all the time 

im not saying Douglas sucks (like Gase does) but he's not exactly set the world on fire 

What about not signing Brock Osweiler who is way, way, way better than Falk.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Agree 100%.  His job right now is to apply bandaids to get the team through this season (see Demaryius Thomas after the Quincy Enunwa injury).  I don't want to see him making any trades other than what's completely necessary.  The guy came onboard to a team with a very subpar rosters, immediately lost QB1 and QB2, WR2, the Jets' most expensive FA on defense, and had no kicker in Week 1.

I understand people wanting to see the team improved but that's not happening during this season.  Joe should be an accumulator of draft picks at this point and a seller in the trade market, not a buyer.

The only improvement the Jets will see on the field this season is from players returning from injuries/illnesses and suspensions.  My very simple hope is that once the Jets have Darnold, Mosely, Herndon and Copeland back they can look as competitive as they did in Week 1.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Makes too much sense for it not to happen before the deadline.

I know that Williams has some injury concerns, but if he’s healthy he’s still arguably the best LT in football.

Would provide blindside protection for Darnold and help open up running lanes for Bell. Cherry on top, it allows us to bypass taking a LT in the 1st round so we can nab a wideout like Jeudy/Higgins/etc.

Guy still has at least 3 high quality years left in him. That’s well worth a 3rd round pick.

3rd was exactly what I was thinking. 

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

he did make 1 good move the trade for the CB from Indy, that dude is scrappy. 

Speaking of the kid from Indy, can anyone explain to me how he did not get a single defensive snap in the Eagles game?  Hairston has looked good when he has been in there.  Was he hurt and maybe I missed it, because what other logical explanation is there for not giving him a single rep on defense.  6 ST snaps is all he played.

• Upvote 2

On 10/8/2019 at 10:53 AM, Matt39 said:

Weak and typical. Everyone knows he didnt build the roster. Season has been a total disaster so far- some sense of direction and visibility from the top wouldnt hurt. Gase on the ground taking the bullets while the top office has gone MIA since their 3 month new uniforms victory lap.

Do the other 31 NFL GMs hold weekly pressers?  or even monthly?

He's talked to the press a few times prior to the season.  What can he say now?  He can't talk about players under contract.

What sense direction? The teams starting QB got mono..Their b/u broke his ankle..Starting TE was suspended. One of his D captains pulled a hammy week 1.  What is it that you want to hear?

I could be wrong, but I think NFL GMs are required to hold 1 mid-season presser.

It's the HCs job to take the weekly bullets.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

He has made some good and some very poor minor moves so far as with all GMs in the end he will be judged on his drafts.

My 1st indication of whether we have a stud or a dud will be to see if he trades some players for draft picks.

This team still has the holes and is not going to legit compete for playoffs so I expect him to work the phones and get rid of some players where are not in the plans for next year even if they may be useful this year.

I'm really sick of being draft pick poor.  We have had one draft pick rich draft, the infamous idzik draft in recent memory, other teams seem to have 1o plus picks a year every year.

We need picks.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Lith said:

Speaking of the kid from Indy, can anyone explain to me how he did not get a single defensive snap in the Eagles game?  Hairston has looked good when he has been in there.  Was he hurt and maybe I missed it, because what other logical explanation is there for not giving him a single rep on defense.  6 ST snaps is all he played.

It is a little bizarre.  I wonder how that played out with Douglas?  He trades for Hairston, in his first action he looks like a clear upgrade from Tru and then the very next game they only play him on ST's after a bye week which you would think would help him learn the D a little more.

I'm sure he lets the coaches decide who plays but I wonder how he felt about the decision? 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:52 AM, Lith said:

may be nicked up

Ethan B. Greenberg @EGreenbergJets

Per Adam Gase: C.J. Mosley (groin), Henry Anderson (shoulder), Kelechi Osemele (shoulder/knee/illness), Trenton Cannon (foot/ankle), Nate Hairston (knee) and Chris Herndon (hamstring) all will not practice today.

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Do the other 31 NFL GMs hold weekly pressers?  or even monthly?

He's talked to the press a few times prior to the season.  What can he say now?  He can't talk about players under contract.

What sense direction? The teams starting QB got mono..Their b/u broke his ankle..Starting TE was suspended. One of his D captains pulled a hammy week 1.  What is it that you want to hear?

I could be wrong, but I think NFL GMs are required to hold 1 mid-season presser.

It's the HCs job to take the weekly bullets.  

With how the season has started (bizarre coupled with unwatchable) the new GM who came in with much fanfare, and a large contract...showing some visibility would probably be good PR. I realize it’s not required but the front office disappearing till January when the on the field product has been terrible is weak. Especially considering the off-season parade of the new uniforms. Hearing some words of wisdom from the hire “the Jets got right” during turmoil again would be a layup PR wise.

Im afraid this turns into another Maccagan situation where he only makes himself available during the mid season presser and around the draft while giving non answers aka business as usual for the Jets.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

With how the season has started (bizarre coupled with unwatchable) the new GM who came in with much fanfare, and a large contract...showing some visibility would probably be good PR. I realize it’s not required but the front office disappearing till January when the on the field product has been terrible is weak. Especially considering the off-season parade of the new uniforms. Hearing some words of wisdom from the hire “the Jets got right” during turmoil again would be a layup PR wise.

Im afraid this turns into another Maccagan situation where he only makes himself available during the mid season presser and around the draft while giving non answers aka business as usual for the Jets.

what do you specifically want him to say?

• Upvote 2