C Johnson was Fuming

Johnson is the author, actor and director of this Greek tragedy.  He and he alone is to blame.  He is the dictator in this play, the one who has all of the control and none of the wit.  And as such, there is no hope unless the NFL steps in and forces Comodus to forgo the control he/they have and let an adult lead.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet Life said:

Chris Johnson is a loser 

His brother has a more documented career at losing - but the younger dildonis is catching up quickly. 

How lucky are we that we can follow the product of their joint ineptitude?  

At this point, I think it's clear that someone needs to go.  If it's not Gase, then at the very least they need to fire the OL coordinator, and some of the assistants responsible for the mess on offense.  Deep into the season, there is no reason why there should still be completely ridiculous communication errors of rudimentary OL calls, nor should there be so many unforgivable and soul crushing penalties.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Gase has never done anything on his own to give anyone any reason to believe he can be a successful HC. In fact, the great weight of the evidence would indicate that he is a bad HC.

I’m really totally dumbfounded.

I’m at the point where I think that Gase has some kind of superior hypnosis skills where he defeats his victims using his crazy eyes, and gets them to hire him as an NFL coach for millions of dollars. That’s the only way it explains how a guy who never personally played football at higher than a High School level could rise to the level of NFL coach not just once but TWICE.  We’re talking only 32 of these jobs in the world.

His gameplanning is pure garbage, he doesn’t know how to make adjustments and his Offensive guru status is under serious consideration with the Jets scoring 19 points or LESS 7x this season, LAST in the NFL.  I realize that 3 of those games were Falk’s, but Gase PERSONALLY brought Falk with him from Miami along with the Pillsbury dough boy.  Where Bowles was 5 moves behind his opposition’s coaches Gase is about 8.

Gase had me fooled.  I was thinking, logically, he had to have some kind of wizard analytical football skills, talk of his generating tons of spreadsheets with data and reading then through the night, to get as high up as he has...an NFL HC....but now I think it’s just because the guy is just serious scheming back stabber, who now has conned the most clueless, and least intelligent owners in the NFL...the Johnsons.

Darnold is now regressing every week, the team’s personnel is pure rot due to the Johnsons letting Maccagnan handle 5, FIVE, 5 haha Drafts (unbelievable), but most importantly Gase has not schemed a way to at the VERY LEAST PROTECT Sam Darnold...8 more games and this kid is in line for maybe a career destroying injury....can’t happen??? Yeah ok.  Then we’ll NEVER know if Sam Darnold can be the Franchise QB.

Cut bait with Gase tomorrow and at the very least bring people in who will protect Darnold because he is all that matters at this point.  Doesn’t seem that Gase KNOWS HOW.  Lev Bell I think at this point wants off this sinking ship with no run blocking, Adams, nobody will really care what he does or says going forward. This entire team has to be imploded, but if you get Darnold really hurt and he would have been the guy, things just got 10x more difficult.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

12 hours ago, Joe the Breadman said:

I believe the Johnsons are one of the wealthiest families in the US.....what's a few million to these ousted coaches vs being the laughingstock of sports teams owners?

Something serious needs to be done. This team is bad on a whole new level even for the Jets. 

While they can easily afford to pay 3 coaches (and deserve that fate for being so incompetent) at the beginning of each year teams need to escrow the full amount of all player/coaches salaries in cash.  From what I’ve read neither Chris nor Woody is “cash wealthy” so it may not be as easy for them to come up with an extra $8 million as it would be for an owner like Mark Cuban. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I’m really totally dumbfounded.

I’m at the point where I think that Gase has some kind of superior hypnosis skills where he defeats his victims using his crazy eyes, and gets them to hire him as an NFL coach for millions of dollars. That’s the only way it explains how a guy who never personally played football at higher than a High School level could rise to the level of NFL coach not just once but TWICE.  We’re talking only 32 of these jobs in the world.

His gameplanning is pure garbage, he doesn’t know how to make adjustments and his Offensive guru status is under serious consideration with the Jets scoring 19 points or LESS 7x this season, LAST in the NFL.  I realize that 3 of those games were Falk’s, but Gase PERSONALLY brought Falk with him from Miami along with the Pillsbury dough boy.  Where Bowles was 5 moves behind his opposition’s coaches Gase is about 8.

Gase had me fooled.  I was thinking, logically, he had to have some kind of wizard analytical football skills, talk of his generating tons of spreadsheets with data and reading then through the night, to get as high up as he has...an NFL HC....but now I think it’s just because the guy is just serious scheming back stabber, who now has conned the most clueless, and least intelligent owners in the NFL...the Johnsons.

Darnold is now regressing every week, the team’s personnel is pure rot due to the Johnsons letting Maccagnan handle 5, FIVE, 5 haha Drafts (unbelievable), but most importantly Gase has not schemed a way to at the VERY LEAST PROTECT Sam Darnold...8 more games and this kid is in line for maybe a career destroying injury....can’t happen??? Yeah ok.  Then we’ll NEVER know if Sam Darnold can be the Franchise QB.

Cut bait with Gase tomorrow and at the very least bring people in who will protect Darnold because he is all that matters at this point.  Doesn’t seem that Gase KNOWS HOW.  Lev Bell I think at this point wants off this sinking ship with no run blocking, Adams, nobody will really care what he does or says going forward. This entire team has to be imploded, but if you get Darnold really hurt and he would have been the guy, things just got 10x more difficult.

Thank You.....

I truly wish I could force Jets ownership to read your post it is that good!!

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Yes - for keeping Macc for five years!!!! No one could make this sh*tshow of a roster look good.

Bowles had the team playing light years better last year with worse personnel!!

Come on now......

No one is asking Gase to win games, how about the team show up and be competitive against the worst team in the NFL!

• Post of the Week 2

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

Before the year I thought it would be impossible for Gase to be one and done. Right now Gase is doing everything in his power to make it happen. The team is bad, the roster sucks but Gase just doesn't make you feel good about anything.

Dude I wish we bet. I so woulda bet some easy cash on this

He must have ate something spicy. We fans have had to endure such sucktatood than the Johnson's have. The Johnson's didn't buy and burn jerseys or take days off work drive to see the games and see this garbage of a performance. Players like Robert need to be disciplined. Maybe if the stadium is empty people buy less merchandise these loudmouth players and ownership will wake up.

No one cares if Chris Johnson is mad or what he has to say. 

Its one thing for the Johnsons to see this as a good investment, but it’s another for them to think they can run it themselves.  They see this as an investment and a job.  It is not a job for either of them. My guess is that they see the money saved by not hiring a real head of the team.  

The answer is not for the Johnsons to step in and fire Gase.  They need to hire a head of football operations who first throws the Hobbit out, promotes JBC to OC with orders first to protect Darnold. 

That person will fire Gase soon enough.  But based on everyone’s performance, the first person who needs to be fired is CJ.  

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

No one cares if Chris Johnson is mad or what he has to say. 

Its one thing for the Johnsons to see this as a good investment, but it’s another for them to think they can run it themselves.  They see this as an investment and a job.  It is not a job for either of them. My guess is that they see the money saved by not hiring a real head of the team.  

The answer is not for the Johnsons to step in and fire Gase.  They need to hire a head of football operations who first throws the Hobbit out, promotes JBC to OC with orders first to protect Darnold. 

That person will fire Gase soon enough.  But based on everyone’s performance, the first person who needs to be fired is CJ.  

Get.......MIKE SHANNAHAN.................: and get out of the way!!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Posted something similar in some other thread after last weeks game when people were calling for Gase's head.

This is where CJ needs to powwow with JD...his 6 yr GM signing and come up with a plan.  CJ hired Gase before JD, and to a much longer term.

If the two of them think Gase needs to go, then do it.

i'm fuming too.  there are two teams i never want to see the jets lose to and they are the doltfins and the patsies.  but what johnson needs to do is have an open meeting with douglas, gase and williams and try to see where the problem lies. after that, johnson needs to address the players as a whole and open up the discussion without any threats of retribution.  saying the right things isn't going to cutit.

it's not going to get any better as this season drags on.  the vets and short term players are all going to be playing for themselves and more worried about where they will be next season.  the long term players just won't know what to think and will key off the older guys.  losing a guy like mosely was huge in this respect, at least he could've brought some good on field leadership to the defense.  and this last game also shows that adams isn't quite the team leader he thinks he is.