C Johnson was Fuming

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Bowles has a job. There may be offsets depending on the contract 

eating gases 3 years on top of another year for maccagnan will be tough 

as bad as it is for hiring prospects to fire gase so soon, it’s just a bad for ownership to have no expectations or standards 

so jetsy ?

Pretty sure there is no offsets when it comes to coaching contracts. 

3 hours ago, Pcola said:

For those keeping score:

Matt Rhule is 8-0 at Baylor.  They are ranked #12.

If they beat OK in a couple of weeks, will likely go undefeated.  CJ needs to go back to him tail between his legs, and offer him whatever the hell he wants.

Who gives a ****. Rhule isn’t coming here now and I doubt it would make much of a difference. Not like we’re playing bottom tired big 12 teams 

3 hours ago, pointman said:

Lets say you are of the middle class. You bought a microwave for $300. $300, chump change. No big deal. Doesn't hurt your bottom line one. It turns out, the microwave stinks. Past the return window so you just tossed it in your garage and bought another one. It didn't come from a manufacturer with an impeccable reputation. But you thought it would be good for making your Hot Pockets heat evenly. So you spend another $300 on that one. Well, one day after the return window ends you realize its a massive piece of trash too. You want to throw it in your garage with the other one, then realize.. you would have two almost new microwaves, and be spending another $300.. $400 to get another microwave that based on your sh*tty track record of choosing microwaves, may also be equal trash. Doling out that $300 again isn't easy. Don't you think?

When my microwave stops working I move into a new house with a built in microwave. Is this really what poors have to go through?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Who gives a ****. Rhule isn’t coming here now and I doubt it would make much of a difference. Not like we’re playing bottom tired big 12 teams 

Look, Bill Walsh, Bellichick, and Lombardi all on the same start couldn’t save this year.  

Im looking 2 or 3 years down the road.  Matt Rhule grew up in NJ watching the Jets.  His decision to not take the job was because we wanted him to have a specific OC.  He wanted the guy from TB who is now in Cle.  

Going back to him with a blank check and a 5 year deal, could bring him in.  The guy took over a winless Baylor team and is now undefeated in 3-4 seasons.  He is an incredible leader and a real coach.  Everything that Gase was supposed to be.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Look, Bill Walsh, Bellichick, and Lombardi all on the same start couldn’t save this year.  

Im looking 2 or 3 years down the road.  Matt Rhule grew up in NJ watching the Jets.  His decision to not take the job was because we wanted him to have a specific OC.  He wanted the guy from TB who is now in Cle.  

Going back to him with a blank check and a 5 year deal, could bring him in.  The guy took over a winless Baylor team and is now undefeated in 3-4 seasons.  He is an incredible leader and a real coach.  Everything that Gase was supposed to be.

He doesn’t give a ****. He wanted the job we essentially said, dude you have no clue what you want we’re going with Gase since you won’t let us chose assistant coaches. Peace out bitch. 

He for sure will never come coach here now. We pretty much burned every bridge for coaches that wanted to work with Darnold that interviewed las lt offseason by choosing Gase

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

He doesn’t give a ****. He wanted the job we essentially said, dude you have no clue what you want we’re going with Gase since you won’t let us chose assistant coaches. Peace out bitch. 

He for sure will never come coach here now. We pretty much burned every bridge for coaches that wanted to work with Darnold that interviewed las lt offseason by choosing Gase

I wouldnt count on that. 

Looking like there wont be too many coaching vacancies so far this upcoming offseason compared to last. Wash, Clev, maybe Atlanta, maybe us? 

HC jobs in the NFL are highly sought after and names resurface all the time. 

Rhule, Harbaugh, Riley, Meyer, McCarthy, Garrett if let go by the Cowboys. Lot of names out there may be looking to cash in. 

I also have no evidence to support this, but look for Herm to maybe sneak back into the NFL soon, he is doing a decent job at AZ ST. 

10 hours ago, JTJet said:

I wouldnt count on that. 

Looking like there wont be too many coaching vacancies so far this upcoming offseason compared to last. Wash, Clev, maybe Atlanta, maybe us? 

HC jobs in the NFL are highly sought after and names resurface all the time. 

Rhule, Harbaugh, Riley, Meyer, McCarthy, Garrett if let go by the Cowboys. Lot of names out there may be looking to cash in. 

I also have no evidence to support this, but look for Herm to maybe sneak back into the NFL soon, he is doing a decent job at AZ ST. 

Well No sh*t. But he has a higher likelihood of going to a team where he just didn’t get all of his hopes shot down. 

• Upvote 1

Can't go after Rhule or Harbaugh till after bowl season.  But honestly i think Gase is just completely inept at this point and CJ needs to act quickly.  Gase looked totally destroyed in the press conference, like any confidence he might have had is totally gone. But either make the nove now or not at all.  Because it will just get worse as various parts of the organization start to panic and circulate rumors.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sammybighead said:

If gase is actually fired, do you trust these morons to actually hire someone decent? What does it even matter anymore?

If joe douglas is given the power to hire the gm, maybe.  Im not sold on douglas but hes the gm.  Give him full control to hire the head coach and that coach reports him him.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If joe douglas is given the power to hire the gm, maybe.  Im not sold on douglas but hes the gm.  Give him full control to hire the head coach and that coach reports him him.

This needs to happen. If Joe Douglas wants to fire Gase he can. If he wants to keep him he can. Put the control of operations in someones hands other than a Johnson. Hey now.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This needs to happen. If Joe Douglas wants to fire Gase he can. If he wants to keep him he can. Put the control of operations in someones hands other than a Johnson. Hey now.

No no no no.  Douglas wont fire gase.  They are best buddies.  Plus, gase doesnt report to douglas so he cant fire him.

Johnson fires gase.  Calls douglas in the office, tell him gase is gone and you are now responsible to hire the hc.  The coach you hire reports to you and you report to me.

This is the only way we can get this going in the right direction.  The head coach HAS to be hired by douglas and douglas is his direct report.  

The johnson should even be able to speak to the coach.  Follow the chain of command .

1- Johnson

2- Douglas

3- Head coach(hopefully the bald beast from SF.)

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, pointman said:

Someone posting on this forum a very good point. I don't know how accurate it is, but the idea was that we are still paying Bowles, and firing Gase would have us on the hook paying 2 coaches that aren't around anymore. Would Johnson spring for paying 3 head coaches?

Some how I really don't  think CJ has a Monet problem