Seriously?

Matt X

32 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I can't stand Manish but someone needs to bring the Johnsons failures to light. 

31 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I'm not a fan of Manish be he is certainly leading the charge to run Gase out of town and embarrass CJ.  Both of those things need to happen so....do your thing, MM!  

25 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Manish tilling the land

Manish isn't helping anything... He is trying to stir up controversy... If the Jets were undefeated (HAHAHA) he would be writing articles on how Woody is jealous of his brothers quick success and wants to come back to prove that he is the better owner. Its not actual reporting... Its called 'clickbait' for a reason. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Manish isn't helping anything... He is trying to stir up controversy... If the Jets were undefeated (HAHAHA) he would be writing articles on how Woody is jealous of his brothers quick success and wants to come back to prove that he is the better owner. Its not actual reporting... Its called 'clickbait' for a reason. 

Yeppers.

1 hour ago, funaz said:

Its good to see our owner is smarter than most people on this board. I'm so glad that we have Chris instead of Woody leading this team. He's made nothing but mostly good decisions since he took over. I am willing to ride or die with Chris and hope he sticks around once Woody is recalled from his post. 

He is obviously learning as he goes but I like what i like so far. 

This is partially true, plus we have no choice.

22 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Gase wasn’t a great hire. We should’ve hired McCarthy, who easily had the best resume. But Gase is not the reason why we are 1-7.  And Chris Johnson’s decision to hire him isn’t the reason why we are 1-7 either. 

Mike Maccgnan’s horrendous drafting, along with injuries, is why we are 1-7. The players suck. They sucked before the season started. In particular, all of the the offensive linemen are either backup or non-NFL caliber. The inability to block has crippled the offense and the entire team. 

Adam Gase should be fired if Darnold continues to regress. But this mess of a season, and really state of the franchise in general, isn’t even 10% his fault. Unpopular opinion, I know. Gase is the easy target. It makes us feel better to think that if we just replace the coach, all will be well. But, it won’t. We need to draft better. 

I think Adam Gase is terrible.  He's not a leader or a good Football coach.  That said, I think you're right.  This isnt his mess.  He inherited it.   However, the 1-7 record isnt the concern.  The concern is the team isnt even remotely competitive even vs. teams trying to lose and the only hope the franchise has, looks like the worst QB in the NFL.  The guy has lost his last 10-11 games and every excuse in the world has been made for him, at some point, Adam Gase is responsible.

He didnt improve Tannehill, the roster deteriorated while he was there, he ran off all the talent of the team, he alienated himself and everyone hated him - and it's all happening here too and it only took half a season.

The fear is, it can actually get worse.  Believe it or not. 

25 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Gase wasn’t a great hire. We should’ve hired McCarthy, who easily had the best resume. But Gase is not the reason why we are 1-7.  And Chris Johnson’s decision to hire him isn’t the reason why we are 1-7 either. 

Mike Maccgnan’s horrendous drafting, along with injuries, is why we are 1-7. The players suck. They sucked before the season started. In particular, all of the the offensive linemen are either backup or non-NFL caliber. The inability to block has crippled the offense and the entire team. 

Adam Gase should be fired if Darnold continues to regress. But this mess of a season, and really state of the franchise in general, isn’t even 10% his fault. Unpopular opinion, I know. Gase is the easy target. It makes us feel better to think that if we just replace the coach, all will be well. But, it won’t. We need to draft better. 

Yes, we definitely need to draft better, but Gase needs to be fired as well.  You are not an effective coach or leader if you march out a team that has been non-competitive in half of their games, regardless of injuries or lack of talent.  You are not an effective coach if your blue chip 2nd year QB regresses on your watch.  His pedigree was that of a losing coach, and that's exactly what he's brought us.  It's time for him to hit the road.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

This is wrong. There is more talent on this roster than last year and everyone has regressed. The offensive line constantly misses blocking assignments they didnt last year, that is squarely on coaching. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

This is wrong. There is more talent on this roster than last year and everyone has regressed. The offensive line constantly misses blocking assignments they didnt last year, that is squarely on coaching. 

Not really. Edoga is the worst player in football no hyperbole. Bell has been a bust. Crowder's a JAG slot guy that every team has. QWill looks like a bust. The main additions have all been disappointments, coupled with the QB looking like a bust as well. 

Gase is not good. The players being bad is not really his fault. With the way the CBA is aligned, improvement is more incumbent on the player than it is the coaching now. Granted that type of culture can be installed, but its also dependent on getting personnel who want to be coached and get better. Gase and Douglas have not had a draft or FA period. Two 3 hour practices in the summer are a thing of the past. These guys don't even play in preseason anymore.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

How you feeling about Gase these days Nut (and yes, you are now off ignore).

He was blamed for things he shouldnt have been blamed for when the Jets were fielding a QB they pulled from the practice squad and were forced to start against top teams.

He has no excuses now and unfortunately this has turned into a nightmare.  I think there are coaches that are just better suited to be coordinators and he just may be one of those coaches.  For whatever his message is, the last two games the team is not responding.  Under that scenario other than Parcells first season with the Giants I dont think I've ever seen it turn around.

I'm glad to be off ignore, we're both better than that

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think Adam Gase is terrible.  He's not a leader or a good Football coach.  That said, I think you're right.  This isnt his mess.  He inherited it.   However, the 1-7 record isnt the concern.  The concern is the team isnt even remotely competitive even vs. teams trying to lose and the only hope the franchise has, looks like the worst QB in the NFL.  The guy has lost his last 10-11 games and every excuse in the world has been made for him, at some point, Adam Gase is responsible.

He didnt improve Tannehill, the roster deteriorated while he was there, he ran off all the talent of the team, he alienated himself and everyone hated him - and it's all happening here too and it only took half a season.

The fear is, it can actually get worse.  Believe it or not. 

This is the Jets....fear not. It always will, and it does.

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

you guys dont get it 

the point of this isn't to win games it's to make money 

by Christopher Johnson's standards, they are successful

And you know this is his standards how exactly?

You know his standards are to make money?   Because how many NFL owners, ones who own a team thats basically a sold out their stadium since the 70's, years before their purchase, need to do cut corners to make money why exactly? 

Its so simplistic to repeat this about owners.  Especially here where money flows in like water

2 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

I'm not a fan of Manish be he is certainly leading the charge to run Gase out of town and embarrass CJ.  Both of those things need to happen so....do your thing, MM!  

You are one of the enlightened ones.  Our group is growing by leaps and bounds everyday.  The SOJF will attack Manish as they really dont want change.  They want to keep the status quo and keep losing.

Manish is one of us now is is out on the the front lines spreading our message.  We will not go quietly into the night.  Adam Gase must be eradicated for the healing to begin.  Manish is a wonderful asset for our cause. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

I know people are pissed off but I'm inclined to believe it's awfully tough to win without offensive linemen, cornerbacks or linebackers.  Am I nuts?

And the owner CEO let the guy responsible for this situation have one last off season to screw the team.

The buck stops at the top and CJ deserves every bit of heat he is starting to get if not more.

59 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Yep. Never mind that Chris Johnson's decision to hire Gase came 12 months after mindlessly handing out contract extensions to both Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles. 

However Gase has been terrible in his own right. There are a number of decisions at the time that frankly get glossed over because we were going to lose the game anyway. 

But even with that -- while he's not part of the solution, he's not the #1 problem either, as you point out. The #1 problem is the roster itself. Perhaps he's a poor match for Darnold, but the day before he was hired how many Jets fans here believed going from fan-favorite-punching-bag Todd Bowles to an "offensive minded"/"QB guru" HC, that it would negatively impact Darnold even slightly? Very few. 

Give a bad HC a (healthy) playoff-caliber roster and the team can still win 10+ games (or if they don't, odds are they certainly won't be 1-7). Bowles started out 10-6; Rex went to back-to-back AFCCGs; Herm went to the playoffs 3x in 5 seasons, and even oversaw our last division title. No shortage of examples on other teams around the league.

A good example to look at is Jay Gruden this year. No he'd not been a good HC - like Gase in Miami - but with a half-decent (or better than half-decent) team at least he was about a .500 HC. Then they lose how many key starters and oh look they then lose every game. Their team's only win came in a 1-point victory in the Battle of the Winless the game after he was fired, in a scenario under which they can't both lose. Point is, if the Jets roster was healthy + half decent we'd probably be at least ~.500 even with Gase's suspect-or-worse coaching. 

Gase hasn't earned another season, but it's hard to say if it'll make it even harder to find a good replacement. Not when we've fired him for coaching an injury-plagued roster that most believe would have still been terrible even if healthy. Often, for that to not be a hindrance, it'd be after giving a Parcells type (i.e. John Harbaugh) total control. Except that's not happening either, with Douglas on a shiny new 6-year contract. 

If we finish 1-15 all bets are off, but if we finish with even 3-4 wins I'd be surprised if Gase was fired. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And you know this is his standards how exactly?

You know his standards are to make money?   Because how many NFL owners, ones who own a team thats basically a sold out their stadium since the 70's, years before their purchase, need to do cut corners to make money why exactly? 

Its so simplistic to repeat this about owners.  Especially here where money flows in like water

The Johnson family do not have Paul Allen (RIP) or Shajid Khan Money 

they are billionaires this is true but their greatest asset is the team itself and their largest source of liquid income is the NFL tv money 

they aren't making money off of J&J stock anymore and they probably own a crap ton of real estate (stuff to borrow against) 

the greatest decision Woody ever made was to buy the Jets for 500 million dollars

So yes the money flows in like water and they spend it on Adam Gase the world's cheapest HC 

the difference between the labor spend and the income from TV is called profit  

the Jets are the 6th most valuable franchise in the league despite being 30th or worse in power rankings

they are doing well financially they aren't winning but only suckers care about winning 

Bob Kraft is a terrible person but at least he WANTS to win 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

they are billionaires this is true but their greatest asset is the team itself and their largest source of liquid income is the NFL tv money 

they aren't making money off of J&J stock anymore and they probably own a crap ton of real estate (stuff to borrow against) 

the greatest decision Woody ever made was to buy the Jets for 500 million dollars

So yes the money flows in like water and they spend it on Adam Gase the world's cheapest HC 

the Jets are the 6th most valuable franchise in the league despite being 30th or worse in power rankings

they are doing well financially they aren't winning but only suckers care about winning 

Who cares if they dont have the same money as one of the richest men in the world.  They have more than some.  They also own one of the most valuable teams in their sport.  Top 5 team.  That sells 80,000+ tix a game.  The revenue IS SPLIT by the 32 teams.  The idea that these relatively minor moves puts money in their pockets is what makes this laughable.  They SPLIT the money.  A "sh*t ton of money"

Now, they never got money from the J&J stocks.  The team was bought for 635 mil, not 500 mil.  You have no idea how much Gase is paid, they've never released his deal.  3 mil per, 4 mil per, 5 or 6.  Whats the range?  3 mil?  You really think it makes a difference to these guys youre out of you mind and dont know what youre looking at

Kraft?  What exactly does he do to win?  He hired Belichick, brilliant the way it worked out.  What does he do exactly?  To me everything about that team is BBand Kraft gets to reap the benifits, thats the way it works, dont give us the he WANTS to win, they all do given they dont need the money.  

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

wut?  The comparison to other billionaires has no relevance at all. the comparison to Kraft has no relevance at all.  I'm sure the Johnsons "want" to win but are incapable of making the right decisions to lead there.  They make a fortune annually on the jets and don't "need' the team to win to continue the revenue streams.  Wanting to win has nothing to do with anything.  It's their complete incompetence in selecting management that is a huge problem.