Just read Herndon appears to be behind Griffen

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

WTF? This is more proof of how inept Gase is. Why would you not have double TE's especially  with how the team looks.  I mean do we have too many players for Sam to throw to?

RELAX!

First off, look at the Depth Chart on the Jets own website. https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/depth-chart 

Herndon listed as #1 TE. 

Second, Gase sounds excited to have Herndon back. Herndon hasn't played a snap all  year thanks to a suspension and now an injury so maybe they want to ease him back in situationally. So they may start Griffen because he's been fine and  can block better and then bring Herndon in for passing downs. 

If Gase started Herndon, played him every snap and he aggravated his hamstring injury blocking for a random running play in the 2nd Qtr you would be the first one starting a thread that Gase was a fool for playing him too much.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I believe herndon has issues we are not aware of.  The DUI.  Coming back from sispension out of shape.

I have a feeling herndon is not al in on football and the coaching staff is starting to notice.  And its ashame cause the kid has talent.

But i have a feeling party and woman are more important to this guy then football.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

I just don't understand why people on this board find it necessary to defend Gase and automatically assume everything this "whisperer" does is on another plane that the average Joe can't comprehend.

You know, maybe it's possible (it's actually likely) that Gase is a total tool bag who is in so far over his head that even the most elementary decisions are difficult.  The dude took a TO when the other team was in victory formation the other day.

He's not good people.  He's a complete waste of time.  Stop embarrassing yourselves giving this guy free pass after free pass.  

He sucks.  Period.  In almost every single way possible a HC can suck.  And he did it before he got here and he's doing it while here.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I believe herndon has issues we are not aware of.  The DUI.  Coming back from sispension out of shape.

He pulled his hamstring. Plenty of players in great shape pull hamstrings. There are plenty of issues with the Jets to complain about there is no reason to make stuff up unless you are just trying to pad your post count. 

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

WTF? This is more proof of how inept Gase is. Why would you not have double TE's especially  with how the team looks.  I mean do we have too many players for Sam to throw to?

Who cares who’s behind who when we’re talking about the first week of an injured player returning to the lineup?  Whoever’s more effective will get the most snaps and targets.  Meaningless 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I have no problem with this.  Herndon hasn't played in how many weeks?  47? lol

Griffin has looked good and become a seemingly favorite target of Darnold.  Griffin has earned all the playing time he gets.  Let's ease Herndon back onto the field and see if Gase starts using a lot more "12" personnel with Bell, Griffin and Herndon on the field at the same time.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I have a feeling herndon is not al in on football and the coaching staff is starting to notice.  And its ashame cause the kid has talent.

But i have a feeling party and woman are more important to this guy then football.

Where did you see he came back out of shape?  Please link the source