Possible for the Jets to have 3 first round picks?

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Let’s say we keep our pick and take Tua. We can then trade Sam and Adams each for a 1st plus more picks. Would set this team up very nice. Do you think if they had the chance to take Tua Douglas would entertain dealing Sam for a 1?

1. We're not drafting Tua

2. No one is giving us a 1st for Darnold.

3. Yes, we could, in theory, get a #1 (maybe) for Adams.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

1. We're not drafting Tua

2. No one is giving us a 1st for Darnold.

3. Yes, we could, in theory, get a #1 (maybe) for Adams.  

You don’t think a team like the Bears or Gruden would give us their 1? What could Sam net? At least a 2. And if Tua is on the board for Douglas you think he completely dismisses the idea? Has to at least entertain it I’d think

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Let’s say we keep our pick and take Tua. We can then trade Sam and Adams each for a 1st plus more picks. Would set this team up very nice. Do you think if they had the chance to take Tua Douglas would entertain dealing Sam for a 1?

Just f*ckin end the season now.  

absolute garbage post.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

Just f*ckin end the season now.  

absolute garbage post.

Why is it a garbage post? Tua is a cant miss QB who will be a stud for years to come. You have to at least give thought of maybe taking him if possible. What if Sam doesn’t pan out. Then the posts on this board for the next 20+ years would be “we could’ve had Tua”

• Thumb Down 2

I love Alabama football and I love Tua, but he will not be a good pro. He is a product of extremely talented receivers getting open. As soon as he doesn't have a guy open he consistently throws it up for grabs. He also never throws the ball away causing picks and injuries. His injuries the last 2 years have been directly to him not throwing the ball away. Joe Burrow is the man that will be a great pro

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Why is it a garbage post? Tua is a cant miss QB who will be a stud for years to come. You have to at least give thought of maybe taking him if possible. What if Sam doesn’t pan out. Then the posts on this board for the next 20+ years would be “we could’ve had Tua”

Who is saying Yia is a can't  miss QB. The guy is not even considered the best QB in the country from what I have been seeing in Mocks. 

I swear, I have no freaking idea why you are posting this garbage.  We are not trading Darnold, Period. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

How about this idea?? We build an offensive line and and a team around Sam.  Odds are he won't have mono again next season.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean Sam turns the ball over a ton. He never looked as good as Tua has in college 

What is wrong with you? He gets no protection, his receivers suck except for Crowder so out #1 guy is a slot receiver. How freaking bad is that. Maybe if he had more than 1.5 seconds to throw a pass or get sacked by a blitzer coming up the middle,  he wouldn't  throw so many picks. The guy os hearing footsteps at this point when he gets on the bus.

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Who is saying Yia is a can't  miss QB. The guy is not even considered the best QB in the country from what I have been seeing in Mocks. 

I swear, I have no freaking idea why you are posting this garbage.  We are not trading Darnold, Period. 

Well let’s hope Sam pans out and Tua doesn’t destroy us for the next 15 years with a team like Miami. All I’m saying is you have to at least entertain the idea of Tua. Especially is you can get a lot of picks for Sam 

15 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

You don’t think a team like the Bears or Gruden would give us their 1?

Lol, no.

What could Sam net? At least a 2.

Maybe.  Someone might take a flier on him today for a mid-2nd, purely on potential, sure.

And if Tua is on the board for Douglas you think he completely dismisses the idea?

Yes.

Has to at least entertain it I’d think

No, I don't think so.

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

What is wrong with you? He gets no protection, his receivers suck except for Crowder so out #1 guy is a slot receiver. How freaking bad is that. Maybe if he had more than 1.5 seconds to throw a pass or get sacked by a blister coming up the middle,  he wouldn't  throw so many picks. The guy os hearing footsteps at this point when he gets on the bus.

He had a ton of turnovers in college also. Look I’m a huge Darnold fan also and agree with you. I’m just looking at worst case scenario where maybe Sam doesn’t turn into the QB we hope he can be and Tua is the best QB in the league 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well let’s hope Sam pans out and Tua doesn’t destroy us for the next 15 years with a team like Miami. All I’m saying is you have to at least entertain the idea of Tua. Especially is you can get a lot of picks for Sam 

The whole idea of trading Sam is idiotic because it isn't  happening. This whole point isn't  based in reality 

23 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Sorry bro this post is painful.

If they trade Adams they can get a one. If they draft Tua it will be to trade him. In that case they would just trade the pick. Can they get two 1's for it. Not sure but this seems like a great topic for the draft forum.

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He had a ton of turnovers in college also. Look I’m a huge Darnold fan also and agree with you. I’m just looking at worst case scenario where maybe Sam doesn’t turn into the QB we hope he can be and Tua is the best QB in the league 

If he sucks after we build a team around him, then you draft a QB, but this whole discussion  is pointless. Sam is untouchable 

• Sympathy 1

I’m 100% on board with drafting a QB again. Sam hasn’t proven anything, beyond being a fragile and like-able kid.

In this case, you keep him though. Go forward with 2 viable QBs. KC has Mahomes, Moore and Henne. You need QB depth. 

Truth is, we need an off-season that improves LT, C, RT, G, WR, CB and Edge. If we can get all that, plus double our chances of having a FQB, I’d cream myself.

Can everyone fck off with this giving up on Sam Darnold garbage... he's playing poorly but he's clearly not the big problem. He has the potential to be "The guy" which is about as much as you can hope for with ANY of these guys

Lord has the collective IQ dropped immensely on JN this fall. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, varjet said:

Joe Burrow will be the Mitch Trubisky pick.  More traditional QB picked higher.  Remember-Sam was supposed to be picked 1st by the Browns.

Tua is more like Watson/Mahomes. 

There is plenty that will happen before the draft.  

ehhh huh? 

45 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Can everyone fck off with this giving up on Sam Darnold garbage... he's playing poorly but he's clearly not the big problem. He has the potential to be "The guy" which is about as much as you can hope for with ANY of these guys

You're a first time GM and Burrow is on the board, yet you already have Darnold. What do you do?

Everyone keeps talking about Young and OL and we might be targeting a QB. Can't say I'd hate the decision.

15 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

The Jets are not trading Sam to draft Tua. Essentially, the Jets would have to at least have the #2 pick to have a chance at a trade down and the Dolphins would need to be drafting below them.  That's just my take. If the Dolphins are drafting 4th and the Jets are drafting #2, the Jets could pry an extra 1st rounder from the Dolphins b/c Chase Young is going #1. Otherwise, they would offer up the pick to any other QB needy team or take OT-Thomas. I think the Dolphins are in a tricky spot b/c the Bengals are in a position where they might want Tua as well. They have a young coach and they have a couple of years left in Dalton where they can groom Tua. If the Dolphins are behind the Bengals and the Jets are ahead of the Bengals (Jets play them this season), they will be desperate to hop them.  

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

I completely agree. This is absurd. 

9 hours ago, RobR said:

You're a first time GM and Burrow is on the board, yet you already have Darnold. What do you do?

Everyone keeps talking about Young and OL and we might be targeting a QB. Can't say I'd hate the decision.

As a first time GM you look at all options but I don't know how anyone who watched the Jets last year, followed the Jets offseason and then paid attention to EVERYTHING that went down this season- including every game, would suggest to me that drafting a QB with your top draft pick would make any sense at all.

If I'm JD I'm not thinking I need a new QB, I'm thinking OMG I need to rebuild this O-line to PROTECT my young QB before he is completely destroyed. And I think he already has that on his mind after he asked for Dallas to trade him O-linemen for Adams. I think we will see him go after Scherff and other veterans in FA as well as take O-linemen early in the upcoming draft .  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I completely agree. This is absurd. 

As a first time GM you look at all options but I don't know how anyone who watched the Jets last year, followed the Jets offseason and then paid attention to EVERYTHING that went down this season- including every game, would suggest to me that drafting a QB with your top draft pick would make any sense at all.

If I'm JD I'm not thinking I need a new QB, I'm thinking OMG I need to rebuild this O-line to PROTECT my young QB before he is completely destroyed. And I think he already has that on his mind after he asked for Dallas to trade him O-linemen for Adams. I think we will see him go after Scherff and other veterans in FA as well as take O-linemen early in the upcoming draft .  

Good post.  Agree 100%. 

Even if it turns out that Darnold is not the answer, we need to build an offense that a young QB can succeed in.  Upgrade the OL, add some reliable weapons, and if Sam still struggles next year, at least we will have an offense that the next guy can succeed in.  Even if Darnold does bust, I don't want to make the same mistake twice and put another young QB in an awful situation.

• Upvote 1