Quinnen Williams

Jet hustle

I feel like there are two main camps here... He's either A) a disappointment, or  B) he just needs time to develop...

I mean can't it be both though? Can't both sides be right?

I'm disappointed he hasn't been an impact player from day 1. It's disappointing that half a season has gone by without him being a game changer.

But I also think he will develop just fine... I feel like it's not unheard of for a guy to take a season or two to get up to an NFL caliber level..

Again that's maybe disappointing, but I feel like writing him off completely as a bust is also premature.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I feel like there are two main camps here... He's either A) a disappointment, or  B) he just needs time to develop...

I'm disappointed he hasn't been an impact player from day 1. It's disappointing that half a season has gone by without him being a game changer.

But I also think he will develop just fine... I feel like it's not unheard of for a guy to take a season or two to get up to an NFL caliber level..

Again that's maybe disappointing, but I feel like writing him off completely as a bust is also premature.

How about c) let’s not give up on the kid after half a season in which he has shown flashes

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

This is all true, he is simply taking heat because this team has drafted non impact dline after non impact dline and each one is praised as being a game changer when he gets drafted.  Not to mention all the other horrible bust mccagnan picks.

• Upvote 3

For some odd reason, even though Josh Allen has 9 sacks (in 10 games-wow), his PFF rating at 65.3 is lower than Quinnen's.

I am not a GM, but if I were Joe Douglas I would have traded or would trade Anderson, Bell and Quinnen and save the money/get draft picks to build the rest of the team.  

5 hours ago, DMan77 said:

There's a 3rd camp where I reside.

I'm neither disappointed or think he needs time to develop.

I never had any faith in him becoming an impact player in the first place.  I was disappointed in the fact that we drafted him but not disappointed in his play as it's what I expected.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DMan77 said:

For where he was picked he’s a colossal bust like Leo. He's done nothing thus far  to even get excited about. QW was totally nullified in his last NCAA championship bowl game. That right there should have told you to pass on him.  Bbbbut Macc the genius has to always take BPA which is why he’s home drinking coffee.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

For where he was picked he’s a colossal bust like Leo. He's done nothing thus far  to even get excited about. QW was totally nullified in his last NCAA championship bowl game. That right there should have told you to pass on him.  Bbbbut Macc the genius has to always take BPA which is why he’s home drinking coffee.

Shocking that a fan of this franchise could equate Leonard Williams with a colossal bust.  The guy was a starter from day 1 and got us a pick back when his contract was expiring.  That is the polar opposite of colossal bust.  We have had enough to choose from.  I will accept disappointment, but you are way the **** overboard here. 

I think Quinnen Williams will be fine, but my Dad and I were wondering if he was injured when we watched the game because we didn't see him.  Turns out that he played more than 65% of the snaps.  That is not a good sign. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Two wrongs don’t make a right, don’t pick run stuffers #3 overall. 

I didn’t know a DL with close to 60 career sacks in 130 career games is labeled as a run stuffer. But knock yourself out.

By comparison in 110 career games Damon Harrison has 11 career sacks. 

9 hours ago, varjet said:

For some odd reason, even though Josh Allen has 9 sacks (in 10 games-wow), his PFF rating at 65.3 is lower than Quinnen's.

I am not a GM, but if I were Joe Douglas I would have traded or would trade Anderson, Bell and Quinnen and save the money/get draft picks to build the rest of the team.  

We can definitely still get a first plus a middle round pick for Quinnen in the offseason.  As much as jets fans have barbecued the kid he has shown flashes this season and will get better

We really need multiple first round picks to fix this roster next spring

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Shocking that a fan of this franchise could equate Leonard Williams with a colossal bust.  The guy was a starter from day 1 and got us a pick back when his contract was expiring.  That is the polar opposite of colossal bust.  We have had enough to choose from.  I will accept disappointment, but you are way the **** overboard here. 

I think Quinnen Williams will be fine, but my Dad and I were wondering if he was injured when we watched the game because we didn't see him.  Turns out that he played more than 65% of the snaps.  That is not a good sign. 

Ramsey garnered 2 # 1's as did Mack. Williams got us a 3rd back.  Translation: BUST. But you go right ahead and keep sniffing that catnip.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, C Mart said:

I didn’t know a DL with close to 60 career sacks in 130 career games is labeled as a run stuffer. But knock yourself out.

By comparison in 110 career games Damon Harrison has 11 career sacks. 

Still predominantly a run stuffer, who can rush the passer. He’s joint 28th on the active list, and has taken him 10 years to reach 58.5 sacks.

Look at the Real edge rushers on that list. They have almost double that production. Do I think Q is Gerald McCoy Noooo! 

Even given the fake comparison you set up, comparing him to a far superior player like McCoy. I’d take the Edge every time.

The real comparison is the player we should have Drafted, Josh Allen. Let’s come back over time and compare how they’re doing. Last I looked Josh Allen already has 8 sacks.

Moral don’t take the Run stuffer #3 overall.  

F516B37E-BBDC-4837-9CD2-6F7DC0D3860D.jpeg

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Still predominantly a run stuffer, who can rush the passer. He’s joint 28th on the active list, and has taken him 10 years to reach 58.5 sacks.

Look at the Real edge rushers on that list. They have almost double that production. Do I think Q is Gerald McCoy Noooo! 

Even given the fake comparison you set up, comparing him to a far superior player like McCoy. I’d take the Edge every time.

The real comparison is the player we should have Drafted, Josh Allen. Let’s come back over time and compare how they’re doing. Last I looked Josh Allen already has 8 sacks.

Moral don’t take the Run stuffer #3 overall.  

F516B37E-BBDC-4837-9CD2-6F7DC0D3860D.jpeg

QW isn’t an edge rusher. No, you can’t compare him to an edge rusher. 

You can disagree they took the wrong position but you can’t expect him to perform as an edge rusher because he isn’t. 

11 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Ramsey garnered 2 # 1's as did Mack. Williams got us a 3rd back.  Translation: BUST. But you go right ahead and keep sniffing that catnip.

What a sad world you must live in where everything is black and white.  If your child does not get a 4.0 gpa they are a permanent moron and anybody that supports them is "sniffing catnip."  

Your viewpoint is ridiculous.  Leonard Williams is not as good as Jalen Ramsey or Khalil Mack.  Is that a shock to anyone?  Is there only one non-bust in each draft class?   Translation:  You don't know what the **** you are talking about.  

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, DMan77 said:

QW is old school.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.ppXutsxk5TqXrWurd9c9xQHaDx%26pid%3DApi&f=1

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

QW isn’t an edge rusher. No, you can’t compare him to an edge rusher. 

You can disagree they took the wrong position but you can’t expect him to perform as an edge rusher because he isn’t. 

There's such a thing as a pass-rushing DT.  And they're highly valuable, because the position is closer in proximity to the QB, thus disrupting the short passing attack.  

If you're going to take a DT/3-4 DE at # 3, he'd better be an incredible athlete.  Aaron Donald, JJ Watt, Fletcher Cox....those are the types of comparisons a DT needs to draw.  

Quinnen Williams is more like a poor man's Gerald McCoy.  Probably a nice all-around DT but certainly not worth taking at 3.  

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

What a sad world you must live in where everything is black and white.  If your child does not get a 4.0 gpa they are a permanent moron and anybody that supports them is "sniffing catnip."  

Your viewpoint is ridiculous.  Leonard Williams is not as good as Jalen Ramsey or Khalil Mack.  Is that a shock to anyone?  Is there only one non-bust in each draft class?   Translation:  You don't know what the **** you are talking about.  

I know catnip has alternating effects on humans. Get help!

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

This doesn't make me feel any better about the Leonard Williams pick.  Can't we EVER draft a future HOFer, or something close to it, with a top 10 pick?  They don't ALL have to be great, but there's no universe where anyone can be happy about constantly drafting underwhelming players and then being screamed at that he wasn't a bust.  

Leonard Williams:  Not a bust.  Jamal Adams:  Not a bust.  Quinnen Williams:  Not likely to be a bust.  Record since 2015:  27-47.  Hooray!

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This doesn't make me feel any better about the Leonard Williams pick.  Can't we EVER draft a future HOFer, or something close to it, with a top 10 pick?  They don't ALL have to be great, but there's no universe where anyone can be happy about constantly drafting underwhelming players and then being screamed at that he wasn't a bust.  

Leonard Williams:  Not a bust.  Jamal Adams:  Not a bust.  Quinnen Williams:  Not likely to be a bust.  Record since 2015:  27-47.  Hooray!

I don’t need to make others understand I’m right. I just know when I am. 

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Much as Adams can annoy me he doesn't belong in that category. He's got top 10 talent if nothing else and stands out on the field. If we do trade him we will be getting closer to a Jalen Ramsey haul than a Leonard Williams one.

The issue with the Williams twins is their position - They're just good DT's. Their performances are a feature of the limited impact that style of player can have, especially in a passing league. We love drafting players that are suited to another era. 

People disappointed in Quinnen really dont understand the position he plays.

Its not an nfl day 1 impact position.  Its a strength position where you need to dominate huge, grown ass olineman.

Look at quinnen.  Hes all baby fat.  He looks like hes 16 years old.

After a full offseason in a real strength and conditioning program, he will be much better next year.

Year 3 he will be the best player on our defense.

A little patience folks.

• Post of the Week 1

here's a stat for everyone the Jets have the number one rushing defense in football 

let's see how it holds up against a run heavy Raiders team but it's possible QW is impacting the outcomes of these games without filling up the stat sheet

there was a point they were using 95 at edge rusher because it was the best they had 

he will get the stats in time, as he gets more reps inside 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

People disappointed in Quinnen really dont understand the position he plays.

Its not an nfl day 1 impact position.  Its a strength position where you need to dominate huge, grown ass olineman.

Look at quinnen.  Hes all baby fat.  He looks like hes 16 years old.

After a full offseason in a real strength and conditioning program, he will be much better next year.

Year 3 he will be the best player on our defense.

A little patience folks.

If that's the case then this team will be unwatchable.

On 11/20/2019 at 9:02 AM, DMan77 said:

It's a decent point...  my only contention is part B...... kinda/sorta assumes he WILL DEVELOP...   same for Sam.

You can;t just bank on it. We're JETS FANS. We have been waiting for a legit QB forever.

This is where alotta argumentation comes in.... pass off/gloss over current disappointmen cos a player shows FLASHES while also showing that he can look like crap and assume that the majority of his future play will flip the script.

Basically, I'd say you can't write Sam or Q off as a complete busts....   but we have two #3 picks in the first round that have certainly played, at times, in the THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO, HMM!!! category....

Image result for c+c music factory

that have ALOT of ground to make up to live up to their high draft position, with Sams being more heavily weighted toward waiting due to OL play and WR set that needs a significant upgrade,

Yeah. Both can be true.