CJ Mosley Update

I don't really get the freak out by fans over the timing of this. Seems to me like CJ is close to coming back, maybe 85-90% and would have made a go against the Ravens if the Jets beat the Bengals and Dolphins and had a shot at the playoffs if they could win out. After losing to the Bengals all hope for that was lost so they just IR'ed him. Makes perfect sense to me. Frankly, they should go ahead and IR Bell. You guys do realize players are often IR'ed NOT because they are injured but to prevent high priced players from injury b/c the season is over and playing them is pointless.

Now, I may be wrong and the Jets may have just completely mismanaged this and Mosley may end up getting surgery which he should have just gotten as soon he got injured. BUT- I doubt it. I think they were saving him just in case the team went on a hot streak (which until they played the Bengals they were on).    

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Larz said:

If Mosley needs surgery this should have happened months ago 

It should have but they were hoping they could keep that winning streak going and possibly get Mosley back for the final 3 games of the season most likely. The surgery doesn't have a long recovery so it's really not that big of a deal. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It should have but they were hoping they could keep that winning streak going and possibly get Mosley back for the final 3 games of the season most likely. The surgery doesn't have a long recovery so it's really not that big of a deal. 

Not the end of the world but doesn’t inspire confidence Either 

CJ Mosley

When the Jets signed CJ Mosley in the offseason, they planned on seeing him in the Pro Bowl this year. They gave him a big contract (85 million) so he could anchor the defense. That plan worked for the first three quarters of week one, then his groin injury happened. He only saw the field against the Patriots and on Tuesday the team officially placed him on I.R.  Mosley originally hoped to get back on the field this year while avoiding surgery. He had platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy but now surgery is in his future. Coach Gase confirmed that it would happen soon, but didn’t provide an exact date. Gase gave this update on the decision to have surgery.

Yeah, it wasn’t going the way that he wanted it. He wanted to try that, he wanted to give it a shot, see if he can come back and then it wasn’t feeling the way that he wanted it to. With him and Joe (Douglas) and those guys, just sitting down with everybody, we just felt like this was the best thing.

It does sound like this is being done early enough so that Mosley will be available for offseason workouts and minicamp.

To take his roster spot the Jets are bringing DB Bennett Jackson.

The Jets have placed LB C.J. Mosley on injured reserve, per source.

The team claimed DB Bennett Jackson of off waivers from the Ravens with the roster spot.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) December 3, 2019

The post CJ Mosley Update appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
xYVSNjAaKUA

Click here to read the full story...

Never seen anything like this season regarding injuries. 

The Oline was a sh*tshow to begin with but losing so many players is outrageous. Started with Herndon being suspended then Avery ACL in preseason, then CJ & Quincy. That was 4 starters on a team with little depth. The strength & conditioning program for this team needs to be scrutinized. 

On 12/3/2019 at 5:08 PM, Skeet Ulrich said:

Exactly, completely mismanaged. The season was done by Columbus Day - just let the guy heal and rehab. If he's not ready by OTA it's a disgrace

Columbus Day ?!?!?!  The season was over on January 18th, 2000.  This season, past seasons and ones to come

DT1SEvmW4AY-8BX.jpg

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Never seen anything like this season regarding injuries. 

The Oline was a sh*tshow to begin with but losing so many players is outrageous. Started with Herndon being suspended then Avery ACL in preseason, then CJ & Quincy. That was 4 starters on a team with little depth. The strength & conditioning program for this team needs to be scrutinized. 

1999 and 2005 were also pretty ridiculous with the injuries

Imagine if they continued their turnaround and things started improbably going their way to make the playoffs (it happened "just right" in 2009 also). Now imagine we lost another ILB for our final 2-3 must win games and could have really used Mosely but we put him on IR when there was no rush to do so a month earlier. 

This isn't like delaying ACL surgery and a 9+ month rehab that follows it, and if it wouldn't have risked permanent damage by playing him for a final stretch (nor have this injury spill over to the 2020 season) then it's fine just how they played it. Football players routinely play through soft tissue injuries plenty and then delay surgery for after the season's over if necessary; so often it rarely raises an eyebrow.

I'm not a huge fan of multiple team moves & non-moves made even in the past 6 months, but this is a weak criticism in comparison.

• Upvote 1

On 12/4/2019 at 10:47 AM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

What is the recovery time for Mosely's type of injury? If his rehab gets him back on track for OTA's, the delay won't be that big of a deal. If he isn't ready to play by week 1, this will be another mark on the ineptitude of this organization. 

I read last time the surgery recovery was the same as the procedure that he did, 6 to 8 weeks. He opted for the other procedure because he wanted to try and avoid surgery if he could.

• Upvote 1